Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 drpookie
Msg: 76
do u ever miss being in love?Page 8 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)
Whats this love thing you speak of, Ive never experienced it before, now Im curious
 Autumn Dawn
Msg: 77
do u ever miss being in love?
Posted: 8/23/2005 6:08:14 PM
I miss it all the time...and I simply hope I find it again...and the sooner the better. Because until then...I'm drinking too much and checking my email entirely too often.
 drpookie
Msg: 81
Posted: 8/23/2005 8:36:07 PM
ya, how can I miss something ive never had???huh?lol
 Talitha001
Msg: 84
view profile
History
Posted: 8/23/2005 10:31:02 PM
Yup....sometimes I miss that warm body next to mine!!!
 ebrown3931
Msg: 85
Posted: 8/24/2005 8:46:38 AM
i miss it very much wish i could find it again soon
 NorthernUriah
Msg: 91
Posted: 8/27/2005 4:59:25 PM
To look into the eyes of a woman that loves you is to glimpse heaven on earth. I long for that and pray when I find it that this time it lasts for a lifetime.
 Myfakename
Msg: 92
Posted: 8/27/2005 5:13:54 PM
smoking aint that bad for you. I know I been doing around 20 yrs. Caffeine I have to stay away from. :( jittterererererererererrerereey
 mcbobly
Msg: 94
view profile
History
Posted: 8/29/2005 8:21:40 PM
Do I miss being in love? Hell yes, it was such a wonderful feeling, I miss it terribly and would love to experience it again.
 SHE-DEVIL-36
Msg: 95
Posted: 9/1/2005 10:48:59 AM
the song...by Garth Brooks....describes it perfectly......."The Dance"...talks about the dance of love and how much it hurts you...and would you have danced if you had known how it would end?.....Yes...I would have........even though I knew how bad I would hurt for years later.....

I have been truly IN love twice......and both of them ended not because either of us fell out of love.....but other circumstances that can occur in life.......

yes I miss warm strong arms holding me all night......the feel of my man's strong...warm chest under my lips....my breath on his neck....his heartbeat against my cheek....

I miss Love so badly........I ache......what is sad....to me...is that I dont fall in love easily....as most women do.....and I CANT fall in love with a man just because he is good to me.......there has to be a connection and not just sexual for me......(although the sex does have to be Awesome)hehe...

I have to have an emotional connection......where he crosses my mind often....when I wake up....when I am falling asleep.......when I am working.....when I am in love...I give 100% of myself..to make my lover happy.....and excited and ..content all in one breath!....but....I expect the SAME in return...and if I dont get this....eventually.....I move on....it has to be both ways.....

my mom always said....You know you are in love when you want to just EAT him up.....and then years later......DAMN.....you wish you had!!! LMAO.....
 Charming Archfiend
Msg: 97
Posted: 9/3/2005 8:22:20 AM
uhum
 jim_10_ca
Msg: 100
Posted: 10/26/2005 4:27:24 PM
Yes:
If the right person come;s along thanks for asking
 TedJMill
Msg: 103
view profile
History
Posted: 10/26/2005 7:38:23 PM
I'm 47, I've never been in love, and I don't want to be.

Love is like a storm, a tsunami of emotion. When it sweeps you away it is euphoric and breathtaking but when it is damaging it is devastating.

I wouldn't like either of those. I don't like big emotional extremes, good or bad; to use the analogy from the movie 'Parenthood', I always rode the merry-go-round rather than the roller coaster. (Actually, I rode the benches on the merry-go-round, not the horses.) My idea of a relationship would be to skip entirely over the passion and breathtaking euphoria and all that, and go straight to comfortable.
 Mon Cherie
Msg: 106
Posted: 8/13/2010 5:47:36 PM
Yes, I do miss that "being in love" feeling. I am beginning to forget what it is like to "be in love" and I hope it's not going to last forever because I have so much more love to give to someone wonderful.

I find it strange that there is no object of my desire in my life right now. No one that I wish to get to know better with hopes that it could turn into more.

Sometimes I think that I'm getting so comfortable being alone that maybe it comes across as not wanting to be in a relationship or that I am so independant that I don't need anyone (which is silly). Then I look at two of my closest friends and realize that one found love at age 50 and the other at age 60 so there is still time for me to find love.

It's nice to see that many of the posters in this old thread from 2005 are no longer on POF (hopefully they have found love and not just changed their POF handle LOL).

Guess I'm having one of those days.
 Mon Cherie
Msg: 107
Posted: 8/14/2010 12:16:28 AM
^^^ two weeks!!!! Try two years!!! Hmmm, maybe that's what I'm missing?

Yes, there is always the love of family and friends around. Of course it's great. I still miss the "in love" part.
 Dumpling-Girl
Msg: 108
view profile
History
Posted: 8/14/2010 12:50:32 AM
I feel kind of numb now. I do miss the one I love, so much. No doubt about that. But I've gotten used to this state of being not in love. Being in love has become such a distant memory. Kind of like trying to remember how it felt when you were in a lot of pain. It's easy to remember that it generally sucked and how much it bothered you, but to actually remember it so well that you can imagine it and make yourself feel it again in your mind, much harder. I remember being so happy and filled up with emotion when in love. But I feel okay now. That amazing infatuation period actually feels quite unstable to me anyway. I feel more level-headed now.
 Sherlock101
Msg: 110
view profile
History
Posted: 8/14/2010 10:25:51 AM
Last relationship I had was 4 years ago. When anyone ever asks if I miss her I seem to always say the same thing. "I miss the way I felt then."
 *buzz*
Msg: 112
view profile
History
Posted: 8/14/2010 1:05:06 PM
Yes, I do miss to love and being loved ... one to one ... and being in love

But do I let it overshadow my life? Nope.
 Smarts and Heart
Msg: 116
Posted: 8/20/2010 10:21:21 AM
I saw the movie "Eat Pray Love" yesterday and a comment made by Julia Robert's character, "I want to learn to love again" hit home!
I want to learn to love a partner again and feel that love from him. There can be nothing to compare.
We love our families and friends and are loved in return, but learning to love a stranger who comes into your life later on, as a full partner and lover, is a different thing all together. Through all our disappointments, break-ups and betrayals in life, that outer shell around our hearts sometimes becomes a little thicker and harder. It protects us and allowing it to crack leaves us vulnerable....and that the hard thing to allow yourself to be....vulnerable.
 tj_0142
Msg: 117
Posted: 8/20/2010 10:35:11 AM
I miss loving someone other than my son and family. I enjoy doing little things for my partner. Coffee in AM....fresh veggies from my garden...the little acts of partner kindness to each other.

As the poster above said, will we lay our hearts out there again.........
 Cynderella
Msg: 119
view profile
History
Posted: 8/20/2010 6:58:52 PM
More that anything in the world...the feeling of Love is bliss.
I just wish it wasn't so hard to find that feeling that warms your heart to no extent.
 luvinyounow
Msg: 120
Posted: 8/20/2010 7:22:44 PM
I absolutely miss being in love. When it was good, it was GOOD.
 Vannili
Msg: 121
view profile
History
Posted: 8/20/2010 7:29:10 PM
No I never missed being in love ,because I am so much inlove with myself....
Then I found out I love to be alive,to be around flowers, trees, oceans,lakes, people..
 Pingshooter
Msg: 122
view profile
History
Posted: 8/22/2010 11:24:10 AM

More that anything in the world...the feeling of Love is bliss.
I just wish it wasn't so hard to find that feeling that warms your heart to no extent.

Ditto.
 blackbirdtc65
Msg: 124
view profile
History
Posted: 8/23/2010 4:50:22 PM
I totally agree. That is a feeling that I long to feel again . There is no better feeling than that of being in love..besides the feeling of being loved by another.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >