Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Education and Career... Why ?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 adventurejoe70
Msg: 70
view profile
History
Education and Career... Why ? Page 4 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
Education is important but technically someone can be self educated. The same books are available to be read by anyone without the often liberal opinions that some professors actually try to sell students.
As for career... I avoid workaholics and I can see why it matters. My old career wasn't for the faint of heart.People can learn a lot about someones available time based on career path.

Usmaleagain.. I assume you mean after they date? Initial attraction can be for many reasons. Being desired for stability, status, money or looks is all similar. No one attractant is actually superior to the other and its all superficial.
All these things can disappear so real qualities are more important( actually you can lose money and gain it back ;))

I see street smarts lacking often. I dealt with people from ALL walks of life and sometimes/often the super educated had no street smarts. I mean like riding the subway in a bad area at 5 am in the morning typing away on an expensive laptop. Are were they just so rich they didn't care?
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Education and Career... Why ?