Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 forums1
Msg: 51
Sends Me Her Phone Number Same Night, Red Flag?Page 4 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)

Okay Im going for it tomorrow thanks for the advice.... but I told her to change the meeting place, its kinda of retarded to date in a bowling area... I like movie theaters better because its dark and hands move a lot in the darkness hehehe the bowling alley will be a waste of time... lets see what happens.

Oh, so you are going to be the creepy guy who starts trying to grab/fondle body parts of the woman you just met and haven't even spent any time really getting to know? Wow. I'm thinking cancelling would be *her* best option.
 BabblingBrookes
Msg: 53
Sends Me Her Phone Number Same Night, Red Flag?
Posted: 4/10/2013 5:26:42 AM

Where are all those people that were saying I was a chicken for not giving out my cellphone number? Where are they now? What are you going to say now?

That she was lucky you aren't into girls who smoke. Learn how to use the block feature on your phone if you're TERRIFIED she'll keep texting. Oh no. Not a TEXT. Are you serious? Grow a pair.
 quixotic_elixer
Msg: 56
Posted: 4/10/2013 12:15:15 PM
This guy seems to be a troll, if not... just an inept douchebag

Most of his posts are about strange dates in which he puts himself in silly situations and complains about them.
In a previous thread you say that you "We exchanged cellphone numbers, we moved over to chatting on the phone. I like to move fast so I didn't wait too long to tell her for us to go out on a date,". Yet you complain when a girl gives you her number to text on the same day?

I'd avoid feeding the troll...
 LiliMarleen
Msg: 57
view profile
History
Posted: 4/10/2013 1:11:54 PM
You're such a one trick pony, OP.

Some of this new fiction of yours was lifted almost verbatim from your Mom Brought Kids to First Date story.

Can't you make up something better and more exciting, if you're going to make up things?
 Walts
Msg: 58
Posted: 4/10/2013 4:38:42 PM

I dont understand why people are ripping me for?

When you post in the forums under your name and pic there is a line that says "history". Click it and reread your own words.

As simple as it gets, your answer to your question is there.

Enough of the ca ca okay?????
 purplerider1200
Msg: 61
view profile
History
Posted: 4/10/2013 9:12:12 PM
Ok, you got burned, it happens.

As much as you'd like to gripe about it and get it off your mind, doing it on here just doesn't work. Sympathy on here is in short supply. Besides, what, if anything could we do about it? You just have to chalk it up to a learning experence, and move on.
 DameWrite
Msg: 62
view profile
History
Posted: 4/11/2013 1:57:56 AM
I haven't read all the posts but even though she wasn't a good date YOU could have refused to buy the cigs, refused to go out with her after you saw she smokes, or you could have refused to go driving, or just tried to make the most of it and get to know her among her friends and saved the date for another time and considered it a hangout. Your choice, and fair enough. Just don't do something you don't want to and blame her.

We don't know why she acted this way but she's not posting, you are, and you didn't go on this date thinking like a gentleman would, so why would you think you don't deserve to get slammed by us?

Dating is about getting to know someone, not getting them alone to get something.

OP you can only control your behaviour, so it's up to you how you handle the users types or whatever types that piss you off, and it probably wouldn't hurt you to change your ideas about what a date is about and start being a good guy so you attract good gals.

It's about getting to know someone. It's not about getting intimate or setting her up so you can "get her in the dark".

You have issues with objectifying women, work on that and maybe you'll be worthy of attracting nice women.

By the sounds of it, you aren't that interested in them but what they can do or put out for you.

Get it now?
 Behind-Blue-Eyes_53
Msg: 63
Posted: 4/11/2013 2:00:43 AM
Why don't you have smoking as a deal breaker in your profile? I bet you wouldn't be complaining if she put something else in her mouth that night....I give you a few more years till your looks fade and then you'll really start whining about lack of dates....That is if those are really even your pictures.....
 forums1
Msg: 65
Posted: 4/11/2013 5:07:17 AM

I haven't read all the posts but even though she wasn't a good date YOU could have refused to buy the cigs, refused to go out with her after you saw she smokes, or you could have refused to go driving, or just tried to make the most of it and get to know her among her friends and saved the date for another time and considered it a hangout. Your choice, and fair enough. Just don't do something you don't want to and blame her.

He suggested a movie so his "hands could wander and 'cop a feel'" ("heheh" in his mind), and quite obviously he bought smokes, drove, etc, with the hopes of 'getting something'. Then when he doesn't get what he wants, he turns into the whiny little childish creature he really is, who has to get "his way" or he pouts (online) about it.
 Confident-Realist
Msg: 71
Posted: 4/12/2013 8:45:12 AM
JasonAlexis,

She told me that we would meet at the Brampton Bowling Lanes at 7:00pm. I said "Brampton? That's like 40 mins away, I thought you were from Toronto?". She said "Yes but my friend lives there so I want to bowl and meet there". I was like what the hell? What does your friend have to do with our date? Anyways I agreed and prepared for a long drive through heavy traffick.

THIS is why things went awry... not because phone number exchange happened quickly, man. Stop being a superstitious person. Remember, superstition is having explanations for things due to correlation and not evidence. EX: Did you know that as import of oranges from Mexico dropped, so did traffic accidents in the US? So that means oranges imported from Mexico increases traffic accidents in the US? That's superstitious.

THE QUOTE of what you agreed to is what put you in position for it -- not by her profile or her giving her # out sooner rather than later... come on, man. :)

Some people who like driving wouldn't care so much (like she). But it's you agreeing to something you didn't want to do unless it was going to be fireworks of fun -- that's due to your call, not due to her giving out her # quickly. The same thing would happen if you talked with her for weeks!

And you could have said, "Actually, it being 40 minutes away, on a work-night and all, I think it'd be better on another night where we're closer in distance and just one-on-one in a public place."

Again, don't attribute it to some internet-paranoia. You could have met a girl in the bar and exchanged #s and talked on the phone and ended up begrudgingly meeting under the same circumstances. You agreed to go 40 minutes out of town to meet up with her AND a friend who had her boyfriend. If you wouldn't like that scenario, like many wouldn't, you didn't have to agree to it. Don't blame it on "the internet" or "getting a # too soon."
 Confident-Realist
Msg: 73
Posted: 4/13/2013 1:21:01 AM

I think it is a bit presumptuous to give out your number in the first contact message.

That's not what the gal did with him, though. AFTER chatting, she threw it out there. Not on a first message, doling it out like candy corn. :)
 newstart1949
Msg: 76
view profile
History
Posted: 8/3/2013 8:00:55 AM
It seems that lately most of the guys on here first message is call me and their number.
To me this is a bit weird...Is this the new norm for online dating or ???
 lostnfoundluv
Msg: 77
Posted: 8/3/2013 8:41:19 AM
when was the last time you went to see your psychiatrist ?
 OutMind
Msg: 79
Posted: 8/3/2013 10:18:47 AM
None of the three. YOu are a very paranoid guy. It's not a red flag, it's not a needy person, and no you are not the luckiest SOB. In fact, that has happened to me many times. It's usually the good looking, bold women that do that. They don't want to waste time going through 50 thousand messages to get to meet. No. They want to meet, see if there's chemistry, then go to the next level. It does not mean that they want to sleep with you right away. It simply means that they are bold.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >