Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > "Good Morning" Text      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 liftnw8z2
Msg: 26
Good Morning TextPage 2 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
Would drive me nuts. I hate texting to begin with.
 browneyesboo
Msg: 27
Good Morning Text
Posted: 4/9/2013 1:27:15 PM
It would only drive me nuts if I didn't like the person
to begin with.

You can fix your phone so you don't get these annoying
texts.
 femaleconnection
Msg: 28
Good Morning Text
Posted: 4/9/2013 1:28:50 PM
It only bothers me if Im not into the person doing it. Then, the onus is on me to clear that up, isnt it? I can block them, tell them to stop it...lots of options rather than to get annoyed.
 windrider54
Msg: 29
Good Morning Text
Posted: 4/9/2013 1:37:10 PM
I like them...makes me feel that someone was thinking about me first thing in the morning...
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 30
Good Morning Text
Posted: 4/9/2013 2:06:02 PM

I get one every morning from my current flame, and it makes me giggle like a school girl. It's not meant to start a conversation, simply says "thinking of you"

Ditto, with the exception of giggling like a school girl, of course. I may just smile and return the message.
 LoveBeautifulDays
Msg: 31
Good Morning Text
Posted: 4/9/2013 2:29:20 PM
lol@cardschick
true!
 Maleman999
Msg: 32
Good Morning Text
Posted: 4/9/2013 2:37:19 PM
Here's an idea. If it annoys you, tell him. If he still does it, block him. Grasp the concept of communication.
 Orionthehunter9
Msg: 33
Good Morning Text
Posted: 4/9/2013 2:38:50 PM
I love them! Knowing somebody is waking up to the thought of me is excititing. I couldn't be happier than to return the sentiment. It's nice to see everybody here besides the odd curmudgeon agrees.

But I agree. People hung up on shit like this shouldn't date.

You wanna wake up to a discussion about what...........politics? Religion? The latest Hurricane or earthquake? The latest mass killing? What's on your plate for the day at your job you hate? Or mine? Finances, and the vacation we can't afford? The neighbours and their barking dog you'd like to string up? The kids and their drug problems? Or the drug problems they will have once their mental and emotional problems are diagnosed? The invitation to an old friends wedding who you can't stand now? Your mother-in-law? My constipation and your diahrrea? How bringing back the red-line will decrease the speed of the game and the concussions that have begun to plague it? Where Sandra Bullock disappeared to?
 moonchildmn
Msg: 34
Good Morning Text
Posted: 4/9/2013 2:40:12 PM
I enjoy it. Smothering would be constant texting but

A friendly text saying good morning is respectful and let's me know I'm on his mind.

I'll take it.
 Maleman999
Msg: 35
Good Morning Text
Posted: 4/9/2013 2:49:21 PM
I would prefer a text that says "Good morning. Want to have sex later?"
 ReadBeforeWriting
Msg: 36
Good Morning Text
Posted: 4/9/2013 4:58:47 PM
What handles_ it said is very true in my opinion.

It's used by unoriginal/insecure folk who cannot think of something more interesting to say, and males who have heard that all females loooove to know they are "just thinking of you". It has a rote, trite, lame feeling to it and it would annoy me also.

I KNOW a male is thinking of me; I don't need that daily affirmation.

If he texts, it needs to be something hot/clever/interesting and NOT every freaking morning like a routine.
 OutMind
Msg: 37
Good Morning Text
Posted: 4/9/2013 5:08:00 PM
I don't have any issues about them. Usually they would happen after a whole night of off the chandeliers sex. Several pauses and cuddling sessions, to continue to more sex, to then wake up at about 5 with morning wood and more sex. Then having to rush out, and go home, change, head to work.

So I find it very nice.

I usually respond, "**** off!!"

Just kidding.

I am so giddy at that point that a smily or a simple: Mmmmmm, does the job.

Embrace life. You do not have to be in the spot. Think. HOw sweet someone was thinking of me. And leave it at that. Then throw some compassion back. Simple. Without agendas. Or being in the spot. Even a "You too," will do .
 RiverMr
Msg: 38
Good Morning Text
Posted: 4/9/2013 5:24:06 PM

Does anybody else get these? Does it annoy the crap out of you too?

You wake up to a text from someone you went on 1-3 dates with that simply says "Good Morning" with a smiley face, or something along those lines. It drives me crazy! I never know what to say back, besides just repeating what they said. ... Its a terrible conversation starter.

I like "good morning" texts; I love "good night" texts, and an occasional "thinking of you" text in the middle of an afternoon is priceless!

They're usually not meant to be conversation starters. They're sweet, little reminders that someone likes you.
 RB_64
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Good Morning Text
Posted: 4/9/2013 5:29:59 PM
Personally, I love to see text messages when I first wake up. It lets me know my friends or relatives across the country were thinking about me. I have one male friend who just sends GM instead of taking the time to write out the words - the text, albeit brief, always makes me smile. Try to enjoy the little things.....we never know when the sender might leave this earth....

You do have a choice not to respond.....I guarantee after a couple no responses the guy won't bother you again.
 lexismom
Msg: 40
Good Morning Text
Posted: 4/9/2013 5:58:02 PM
I am with ya, but I think he is just meaning to say something like "thinking of you"
 christ on a crutch
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Good Morning Text
Posted: 4/9/2013 6:14:14 PM

I'm realizing now from this thread, it is quite normal.

it's also quite normal not to burden yourself with a sense of crushing obligation to someone who's no more than an acquaintance. you don't HAVE to drop everything to compose some unique and sparkling reply; what's the worst that could happen?
 sigungq
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Good Morning Text
Posted: 4/9/2013 6:20:46 PM
OP, never sent messages like that, and never received them either. Personally, if I'm going to say good morning to someone, I'll call them so they can hear my voice. However, hearing anyone's voice first thing in the morning may not endear you to them anyway.
 Funtohold
Msg: 43
Good Morning Text
Posted: 4/9/2013 6:52:53 PM
I love it when a guy, I had a great time with, texted to say good morning, I feel like he is thinking about me !
 EyesRgreen_62
Msg: 44
Good Morning Text
Posted: 4/9/2013 7:02:58 PM

Good Morning Text ... Does anybody else get these? Does it annoy the crap out of you too?

If a person takes the time to acknowledge me with a good morning ... I'm as happy as can be ... and it starts my day off right.

If I sent that text and was ignored ... it'd be the last text he got from me. Thoughtfulness given to someone who does not deserve or appreciate it is such a waste ... find the one who appreciates you and is compatible with the amount of attention you want to give them.
 JGirlSD
Msg: 45
Good Morning Text
Posted: 4/9/2013 7:10:15 PM
wow!
I'd love that! I would just be so thrilled that someone who asked for my number actually used it!!!!
 MetalVixxn
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Good Morning Text
Posted: 4/9/2013 7:33:23 PM
Like other have said, it's annoying when you're not into the person...
When I have been annoyed by such things I know I don't care for the guy.
But when Iike him, I think it's the sweetest thing ;)
 EyesRgreen_62
Msg: 47
Good Morning Text
Posted: 4/9/2013 7:36:56 PM
I have to wonder why a person you are not into has your cell number ... if you're not into him, haven't you been mature enough to be honest and tell him so ? and ask him not to contact you again if he continues ? to me, that part is a lack of communication issue.
 stylinsue
Msg: 48
Good Morning Text
Posted: 4/9/2013 7:36:58 PM
OMG the guys that wake you up with just a HEY txt is horrible and hate it!!! the worst
 lostnfoundluv
Msg: 49
Good Morning Text
Posted: 4/9/2013 8:05:27 PM
good morning !! short and sweet . infact the "GM" much sweeter . if one wanna text more than better call!!
 annywn
Msg: 50
Good Morning Text
Posted: 4/9/2013 8:51:08 PM
op~ I know of what you speak, and yesssss only met one like that. But that was quite enough. Good morning early afternoon, afternoon, mid day, evening late evening, bedtime,,, winks and junk like up to 20 a day. Almost threw my phone out the car window one day......egad.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > "Good Morning" Text