Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > "Good Morning" Text      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 boooyeahh
Msg: 51
Good Morning TextPage 3 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
you guys like star wars..because if i could i would text chewy every morning wishing him best of luck in his day
 SaltLG13
Msg: 52
Good Morning Text
Posted: 4/9/2013 10:55:07 PM
You wake up to a text from someone you went on 1-3 dates with that simply says "Good Morning" with a smiley face, or something along those lines.

OMG , you are so wright , those people are so annoying. Mines sounds like this around 6 am:

Good morning, happy Monday-happy face
Good morning, happy Tuesday-happy face
Good morning, happy Wednesday-happy face
Good morning, happy Thursday-happy face
Good morning, happy Friday -happy face

Now OK, I understand the happy things for the weekend days when I am off from work and enjoy doing the things I like
But, WTF is happy about M,T,W,T ? I work second shift and he knows ,by waking me up at 6 Am my day already wont be that happy .

At least if there will be a sentence after , yea I can understand but you wake me up just to say that ?
 Jackals38
Msg: 53
view profile
History
Good Morning Text
Posted: 4/10/2013 12:27:38 AM
This is a quote from the OP from another thread she started, which, ironically enough, was about her dates not communicating enough:

"However, he seems to be playing this weird game. He will text me, saying "Hey whats up, how are you, this this and this happened to me today." and I will be like, cute he's thinking of me, and I will respond "I'm good, this happened to me today, and this?" and ask him a question on the topic which he brought up."

In case people haven't checked her posting history, OP is the VERY definition of a drama queen. There is no set of circumstances where her dates could be doing things correctly in her mind and there will ALWAYS be something she finds to be insecure about. If they communicate a little, it's not enough. If they communicate a lot, it's too much or not in the precise way she would like. Etc, etc.

As someone stated earlier, stop dating OP. At least until you put some serious time and work into your own issues.
 varyk
Msg: 54
Good Morning Text
Posted: 4/10/2013 12:34:26 AM
Waking up to a, "Good Morning" text always puts a smile on my face and let's me know that they have been thinking about me. Even random texting throughout the busy day to say hi is acceptable in my humble subjective opinion.
 Deepseaceecee
Msg: 55
Good Morning Text
Posted: 4/10/2013 3:18:35 AM
I think it is nice. They are just touching base and may be busy at work. They are perhaps waiting for you to respond in kind. Why would it drive you crazy? However that is fine but I dont believe in all this texting that passes for communication these days and would rather hear a voice and meet up.
 EyesRgreen_62
Msg: 56
Good Morning Text
Posted: 4/10/2013 5:36:54 AM

In case people haven't checked her posting history, OP is the VERY definition of a drama queen. There is no set of circumstances where her dates could be doing things correctly in her mind and there will ALWAYS be something she finds to be insecure about. If they communicate a little, it's not enough. If they communicate a lot, it's too much or not in the precise way she would like. Etc, etc.

Well there you go ... in a nutshell.
My question then is why do so many men gravitate to this type of girl ? I am finding the men seem to prefer to be treated a little badly. The nuttier the girl, the more dates she has. Is it a certain level of hotness that I do not have ? Or is it that someone who is slightly off kilter might NEED them more ? I don't get it !
 Stubidooo
Msg: 57
Good Morning Text
Posted: 4/10/2013 5:40:44 AM

I have one male friend who just sends GM instead of taking the time to write out the words

Hmmm.. maybe the GM stands for something different? Can't imagine what.. I'm just sayin....
 sweetsmilesjust4you
Msg: 58
Good Morning Text
Posted: 4/10/2013 5:41:23 AM
I have never felt smothered or thought that someone was insecure because they took the time to say good morning to me. I appreciate that they took the time to let me know they were thinking of me. Since when is thoughtfulness a wrong thing? I don't need to get texted to feel validated, nor do I send them because I am needy or insecure. When I send a text wishing someone a good morning or to say hope you have a great day, it's to let them know I am thinking about them and hope they have a great day.......as simple as that. I am not looking for a response back.....but how nice if it brings a smile to there face,,,How great is that! : )
 candyapplered123
Msg: 59
Good Morning Text
Posted: 4/10/2013 5:49:30 AM
anything for some attention...it seems op is one of those women
 BrookeAda
Msg: 60
Good Morning Text
Posted: 4/10/2013 7:00:49 AM
Ops history speaks for itself.

If I like the Gentleman consider it a sweet gesture. Nice to know he is thinking of me. If the texts are bothersome let him know. If he doesn't stop block him.

What I found rude was the Gentlemen who texted me sweet things every day then told people I was a stalker for texting him after he decided I wasn't worth his attention. He had the gull to tell me he enjoyed hearing from me. Why say that if you don't mean it?
 LiliMarleen
Msg: 61
view profile
History
Good Morning Text
Posted: 4/10/2013 7:59:38 AM
He likes you. You don't like him.

Halcyon said it best, and in a most understated and ladylike manner.
 msright78
Msg: 62
Good Morning Text
Posted: 4/10/2013 8:16:57 AM
Currently the guy I'm interested in dating, we've been exchanging good morning texts everyday!

He texts me 'good morning sunshine" and ends it with a smiley face and I reply back 'good morning baby'.

We've known each other for a year and are friends at the moment. I would like to start something with him when the time is right. Just in school at the moment so don't want to start anything.

I think it's very sweet that he does that. Makes me feel like he's thinking of me.

It would be a different story if he was sending it out to few other girls and that would kill it for me

With my ex bf, I used to call him every morning, 5 minutes b4 his alarm would go off. And he loved it. And if there were times, (i think there were few times) when I missed calling him, he wouldn't call me cuz I probably overslept. But he'd mention it to me saying he missed his wake up call.

Everyone has different views on it.

If u don't like it, tell him!
 cherryyblossom
Msg: 63
Good Morning Text
Posted: 4/11/2013 6:03:02 AM
I am getting them from someone I am currently seeing every day. what annoys me a bit though is that she is sending them multiple times because she gets up much earlier than me.
 DoritoMuncher
Msg: 64
Good Morning Text
Posted: 4/11/2013 7:01:47 AM
If you can't handle a simple "good morning", stop looking for a relationahip all together. Just give it up, because you won't be able to deal with anything else.
 Confident-Realist
Msg: 65
Good Morning Text
Posted: 4/11/2013 11:54:47 AM

They are meant only as a polite passing, and doing so with a text message seems asinine to me.

Why? Text messaging is a digital tool for doing those type of things that meant for "polite passing" comments. Would you rather have them put you in position for a conversation on a weekday morning?

Think about it this way: If a famous guy you TOTALLY craved, but somehow got to exchange numbers with, sent you a "Good morning" text, would your gears be grinded? Or would they be more grinded when it comes to some semi-cute guy named Doug that you had a 2nd date with, while you think he likes you a bit too much?
 dandan7979
Msg: 66
Good Morning Text
Posted: 4/11/2013 1:22:39 PM
I also agree with the sentiment that if you can't handle a "good morning" text, then perhaps you should reconsider dating. A text message takes no more then a few seconds to read, is something you can read at your convenience, doesn't necessarily require a response, and if you do respond, only takes a few seconds and you can respond at your convenience.

When my girlfriend and I were in the dating phase, we reached the point where I would send a daily good morning text and a nightly good night text. She would always respond to the good morning text and usually to the good night text. If it bothered her that much (which it didn't; she mentioned on multiple occassions how sweet she thought that was) I personally would question her desire to be in a relationship. After all, a relationship requires both emotional receiving and giving.

To each their own, of course. But it seems like such a minor thing to even worry about, especially because the intent behind the action is to show affection.
 therealGooch
Msg: 67
view profile
History
Good Morning Text
Posted: 4/11/2013 6:58:09 PM
Wow, it's really inspiring to know that a gesture showing a person you're thinking about them or wishing them a good morning can be viewed as annoying. Whether we're in a relationship or not, I would appreciate getting 'good morning' text messages especially from someone who I gave my phone number to. As long as that person is not blowing up my phone all day.
 Maleman999
Msg: 68
Good Morning Text
Posted: 4/11/2013 8:03:42 PM
From reading the posts, it looks like it's strictly the guy's job to send the "good morning" text-or at least the first one. How many women send a "good morning" text to a guy without receiving one first?
 dahlingdarling
Msg: 69
view profile
History
Good Morning Text
Posted: 4/11/2013 8:08:44 PM
I get these and it annoys me so whenever a guy I'm currently seeing texts me this I either drop him completely or drop him further down my list of guys.

I don't find it thoughtful for a guy to send a text he has to at least be aware may be interrupting my sleep, morning routine, etc for something meaningless to let me know he's thinking of me. I'm not seeing anything to appreciate in what is likely a self motivated act especially when it comes with the tag along that I must appreciate it or something is wrong with me. I got the whole something is wrong with me bit from when I first started getting the messages and would tell guys not to send them then they'd argue about it and send it anyway...perhaps it's just typical male behavior to explain why I should like/do/say what he wants and he does whatever he wants thinking it's deserving of appreciation.

I do not send those messages since when send messages it's to communicate and converse. If I want someone to know I was thinking of them I put it into a genuinely thoughtful act such as resolving a problem of theirs, quality time together, etc.
 shes_the_one
Msg: 70
Good Morning Text
Posted: 4/11/2013 8:12:06 PM
Maleman, I've sent them :-) Usually he beats me to it though
 JGirlSD
Msg: 71
Good Morning Text
Posted: 4/12/2013 7:32:56 AM
I will just say this..I would be happy if a guy would just use my phone number...LOL
 msright78
Msg: 72
Good Morning Text
Posted: 4/12/2013 2:32:43 PM
I send a good morning text without receiving first. Technically the guy I'm talking to right now usually always sends me one first as he gets up at 5am for work and i don't have to get up that early. But during some days when I do get up early, I send him one.

I think it should be equal.

Just the other day, he hadn't sent me a good morning text and it was 9 already. Like I said, he always sends it by 6am so I figured he either forgot or was sleeping. So I sent it to him and then received one from him afterwards.

he usually says good morning sunshine with a smiley face, but haven't received that this week except for just 'good morning'. I would get mad at him at times and say, if he doesn't do it properly, my entire day goes to shiet. LOL

And but this week has been shitty, as I haven't received my smiley faces or "sunshine" name. :O(
 LanaTownsend
Msg: 73
Good Morning Text
Posted: 6/19/2014 5:10:30 PM
It's only cute or endearing with someone you actually like. That sort of thing is reserved for couples or people who are past the "1-3" date stage. If anything, the "good morning :)" should be followed with plans for a new date. Otherwise, it's annoying.

Then again, I'm typically not a person who texts just for the sake of texting. I use it to make or confirm plans and when I was dating, I let the guys know that upfront.

With my current bf, we text inane, silly things to each other all day long but we're at a certain point where it's "our" thing.
 TrustInKarma
Msg: 74
Good Morning Text
Posted: 6/19/2014 8:29:21 PM
It depends. If I've met the person a few times and I like him, it's great. HOwever, the guy I saw for six months sent these cute text messages just to string me along, so now I don't see them as cute anymore but just a lazy way to keep me interested. It's even worse when you start talking to someone and they can't ever manage to set up a date but text you all day like you're their GF already.

Only cute when you are already in a REAL relationship, otherwise super annoying.
 ClooneysTutor
Msg: 75
Good Morning Text
Posted: 6/19/2014 8:41:22 PM
It's called 'showing interest'.

And guess what? If it bothered a lady that I text that too, then she's not for me.

I'd be flattered if a woman text me first and would never be annoyed by it.

Now, if she expected me to respond within an hour? Houston, we have a problem.

Oh, that's right, I forgot. Dates 1-3 are just 'dating'.

Maybe put that in your profile?

I always ask if someone is text friendly because I know you ladies haven't figured it out yet, but us guys aren't good with our feelings.

We prefer to discuss our feelings during the commercials while we're watching the Klingons destroy the Federation on Star Trek:)
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > "Good Morning" Text