Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Peppigonzalis
Msg: 19
whats she telling me?Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
Whether it be from a traumatic relationship, or rape; this "intimacy" rehashes old wounds.
Counselling is needed.

Tell her to change her ways or move on.
 MS.ICENI
Msg: 21
view profile
History
whats she telling me?
Posted: 4/10/2013 6:35:28 AM
This is girlspeak. She's trying to tell you in a nice way that this is over, but still wants to keep you around as a backup plan. I know women who have done it. She's probably not scared of love, she's probably not in love with you. You might back off for now, and I mean completely (no "friend" stuff). If she doesn't contact you, then there's your answer. If she does contact you, proceed with caution because it will probably be more of the same.
(BTW...it's spelled "lose" sorry, a pet peeve.)
 nubeginnings64
Msg: 22
whats she telling me?
Posted: 4/10/2013 6:49:51 AM
She's telling you she wants an exclusive relationship but only on her terms. Writing's on the wall that this relationship is a dead end for you. Can't fix emotionally broken people no matter how much you believe you can. You should have enough wisdom @ 39 & after 2 years to figure this out on your own. If she's unwilling to step forward in the relationship you should be unwilling to step backwards. We all have fears to some degree & if facing her demons after 2 years isn't in the cards now, how long are you supposed to wait till it is.
 farbucle
Msg: 24
whats she telling me?
Posted: 4/10/2013 11:54:57 AM
just chill , dont try and read between the lines, just live and let live...............thats why she says your needy
 Proteaus
Msg: 25
whats she telling me?
Posted: 4/10/2013 11:58:51 AM
You are entitled to get the engagement ring back if you gave her one . If you been together 2 years and she is acting like this , time to dump her . Looks like she is playing you . Basically she is trying to force you to conform to the way she wants you . Time to tell her to take a hike .
 SpringMataLeao
Msg: 28
whats she telling me?
Posted: 4/10/2013 12:18:10 PM
she is a manipulative**** and you are wrapped around her finger.
 OrdinaryMan66
Msg: 29
whats she telling me?
Posted: 4/10/2013 12:19:52 PM
Anyone who says they are "scared of love" is playing a game with you. Anyone who has ever felt love is not afraid of it. Most of them never want it to end.
 Ailand
Msg: 30
whats she telling me?
Posted: 4/10/2016 1:19:42 AM
Well you could always just commit to each other. Common Law Marriage. She's afraid of the paper that says your going to change into a jerk once your chain to her, but if it's just accepting that the two of you will build a life together and take it from there.
 Ailand
Msg: 31
whats she telling me?
Posted: 4/10/2016 1:25:00 AM
OP, lemmee take a stab at this........ Was she sexually abused as a child?

Why would it have to do with Child Abuse, it could be her ex was a stupid jerk. I suffered from cold feet even with a guy I loved. The thought of being married use to giving me anxieties. I don't know now, I've been single for a while and welcome a relationship, if only I could find the right guy. lol
 cooldog65
Msg: 32
view profile
History
whats she telling me?
Posted: 4/10/2016 4:04:19 AM
Since this happened 3 years ago, the situation has passed. The OP hasn't posted since that time.
 ebolakitty
Msg: 33
whats she telling me?
Posted: 4/10/2016 5:50:08 AM

This is girlspeak. She's trying to tell you in a nice way that this is over, but still wants to keep you around as a backup plan. I know women who have done it. She's probably not scared of love, she's probably not in love with you. You might back off for now, and I mean completely (no "friend" stuff). If she doesn't contact you, then there's your answer. If she does contact you, proceed with caution because it will probably be more of the same.
(BTW...it's spelled "lose" sorry, a pet peeve.)

I never expected a woman to be this frank. Kudos MS.ICENI. Pretty well sums it up in its most basic terms.

Don't listen to the childhood sexual abuse nonsense. When Daddy's girl gets hot she sizzles. No sign of that here.

Yes, she is manipulative... granted. Still, let's not heap all of the blame on her. You are a needy chump who willingly swallows all of her BS. I wouldn't blame her if she kicked you. Think of it... Is THAT the kind of man that you respect? Why, by Christ, should she? How could you ever expect her to marry such a specimen?
 cooldog65
Msg: 34
view profile
History
whats she telling me?
Posted: 4/10/2016 8:29:12 AM
I'm sure Brian's situation has come and gone since this was posted 3 years ago!
 ebolakitty
Msg: 35
whats she telling me?
Posted: 4/10/2016 8:35:12 AM

I'm sure Brian's situation has come and gone since this was posted 3 years ago!

Of course it has. He is likely being a nuisance to someone else by now. The thread is still relevant because most men are just as disgraceful as Brian is.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >