Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Avenger8900
Msg: 26
Women dating younger men...Page 2 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
A poster on here made a good point. Can't remember her name. Anyway suppose a guy is in an late with a woman 15 years older than him, suppose he's 35 she's 50. Being guys are visual (I think women are just as visual besides the point) anyway would a guy still be happy when a woman at a certain Age? What if he wants to be with Someone his age or younger?
 Confident-Realist
Msg: 27
Women dating younger men...
Posted: 5/27/2013 12:33:23 PM
OP,

it seems I get messages more from guys that are 2-6 years younger than me, opposed to those who are my age(31) or older

So? Why would you see guys a couple years older than you as THE normal way vs a couple years younger than you? A guy who's 29 isn't less mature than someone who's 31. Also, you can't say "people who are in their 20s are immature". There's a big difference between 20 & 29. Essentially, if you read one's profile and they seem mature and have things going for them, and they're over 25, you can't play the "fear of immaturity" game.

Now with that said, I can understand TASTES. If you like guys 40-50, express that in your profile and put your age restrictions that way. But don't GASP at guys who are a few years younger than you writing you -- come awn. That's immature. :)

Also, you have "no commitment/no relationship" as your setting. That explicitly cries out for something of a fling... and when one has an aim for a fling or 'whatever', the age-difference is JUST a taste issue, as the generation gap means much much less.
 JerseyGirl2008
Msg: 28
Posted: 5/28/2013 5:15:44 AM

Women have an expiration date while men do not.

I always laugh when I read this garbage because it's usually the most unattractive guys who make this claim - and age is the least of their problems.
 the_biggavell
Msg: 29
Posted: 5/29/2013 8:25:49 AM
You wont be talking this way when that clock kicks in, or when your 40 with no man. You'll be happy a young guy talks to you.
 LoneScottishBoy
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 6/13/2013 8:55:16 AM

Women have an expiration date while men do not.

I'm pretty certain we all have an expiration date...it's called Death.
 jessebunnies
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 6/17/2013 10:38:46 AM

I've always dated younger (so I don't really understand the "problem")

I agree. I've almost always dated younger as well. It works for me.

2-6 years is nothing. I don't understand why people have to head trip about age so much. There's a lot of variation between age and maturity and they aren't necessarily connected.
 LoneScottishBoy
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 6/17/2013 12:53:01 PM

My milkshake has expired, hasn't it =(

Until your entire happy meal expires, your milkshake is viable! :)
 BelleAtlantic
Msg: 35
Posted: 6/17/2013 3:12:34 PM
I don't usually date younger, I won't even speak to someone younger than me. Whether it is based on fiction or not, I tend to think they are immature, don't have it together, probably still live with mom, hasn't finished school (if they even thought of attending), do not have a career or an idea of what they want to do, many of them are into collecting sneakers, video games, the latest little item from LV or whatever, and like to get wasted. They see value in things I find none (watching reality TV, the latest HBO series, standing in line for the latest electronic or sneaker). I'm not saying all are like that, I'm saying I haven't meant the exception nor worked with the exception of what I've described.

I prefer older men, they look like men to me. Younger than me look like boys to me. I like gray hairs, I like a wrinkle or two, I like to learn (and yes, I feel like older than teach me much more) and offer and different perspective based on the fact they existed before I was even a thought. I enjoy the generation gap, to hear about how what I see now is a replica of what happened before I was even born.

I went out with a younger guy (25) on Saturday. We went to a Thai restaurant and then went for a walk around the neighborhood. He brought his passport to show me all countries he's been to (who does that?), anyways, there was nothing about the conversation that spelled out "wanting to get to know me", everything was so abstract and rhetorical, I didn't know if he was trying to be my buddy or was interested in me. He kept asking me questions such as "If given the chance and resources, what would you invent?" "what you think about the idea of bike racks in the middle of NYC?", Then when I offer my ideas (in my mind, fantastic and eco-friendly), he was speechless and didn't have anything to say, and just kept telling him to give him more of my ideas. So you ask a question (clearly with an idea he wanted to share) but then don't know what to say?

I bought an organic coffee ice cream cone from a local food truck (I support small business & anything produced organically), I asked him if he wanted any, to which he replied no. I offer him to taste mine, and he said it was good and hijacks the cone. I had to ask for it back as he polished the top and it was already at the point where the ice cream met the sugar cone. Like WTF? We could have gone back and gotten another ice cream cone, $5 bucks is not that big a deal and I did offer him one when I bought mine.

We walked around and got around to his train station, mine was a block away. So he comments that mine is a block away and says his goodbyes and "we should check out a museum next time", I said "choose it and let me know". I'm not used to men that won't even ask or gesture to accompany me to my train station (a block away) before departing. It's the gentleman-ly thing to do, the whole damn thing was odd.

I'm not saying all younger men are like this. This was my first and probably my last date with someone younger than me. I need something more substantial, I live in this world, I'm failing to see the purpose of the futuristic questions that are not about me or him per say. I'd be a different thing if he has asked "where do I see myself in 5-10 years", "what is your idea of a great place to live", "have you ever thought of owning a business, if so, what would it be", "if you had a chance to cure something, what would it be and why", those questions reveal something about your ambitions, human-kindness, and you're ability to speak about goals or at least be familiar with something you want.
 DomG79
Msg: 38
Posted: 8/30/2013 1:40:57 PM
I had an older one before, 10 years older to be exact. She didn't drive, I paid for everything. Age is just a number. All we had in common was physical attraction, which worked at the time.
 SpankYouVeryMuchly
Msg: 40
Posted: 9/11/2013 8:50:45 AM

i couldnt help but get a giggle over the comment we mature women have expiration dates?ive never been compared to a carton of milk before.if anyone would like a date,i guess we ladies can be found chillin in the dairy section..:)

You have never heard the expression that "men age like wine and women age like milk " ?
 BabblingBrookes
Msg: 41
Posted: 9/11/2013 12:30:55 PM
Bah, that's some people. Some men/women age well, while others age poorly. Genetics play a role, but it doesn't hurt to live a healthy lifestyle and protect your skin.
 LoneScottishBoy
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 9/12/2013 8:51:36 AM
^^^^+1!

Fine wine, Fine women...fine times. :)
 LAgoodguy
Msg: 46
Posted: 9/14/2013 8:53:01 PM
^^^^^ That's why many other guys including me wanted to date older women when we younger .. There just wasn't much to worry about. I never worried about her being clingy or start the talk about kids or getting married out of no where.
Only thing for me now is that I would not want to date that older woman who is 10-15 years older then me. Dating someone in her late 50s or early 60 today is not something that I look for.
As for women dating younger men,, Why not if they want to date younger.. Why not date who you want to date. Younger guys would date an older woman as long as they see what they like. Same thing when an older guy wants to date a younger women. As long as both have what they want they are happy.
 BabblingBrookes
Msg: 47
Posted: 9/15/2013 7:54:10 PM
Heh, that's exactly why I don't date men in their early 20's Solide. Many view older women as a "phase" and "temporary" fun. It's a beautiful thing when a man and woman are on the same page. The chances he and I would be on different pages would be high. Now, if I were 70 and unmarried...maybe. :D
 Walts
Msg: 49
Posted: 9/16/2013 6:04:04 PM

Many view older women as a "phase" and "temporary" fun.

When we all should realize "life" is "temporary" and we sure as phuck better be having "fun" while we are here. Don't care how old you are, this is reality.
 cesska
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Posted: 9/16/2013 8:56:04 PM
I don't want to be used and disgarded
 Walts
Msg: 51
Posted: 9/17/2013 5:51:12 AM

I don't want to be used and disgarded

Ever look at a body when it's laying in a coffin???? Does it look fresh????
 cesska
Msg: 52
view profile
History
Posted: 9/20/2013 8:48:37 PM
husband was younger cause women live longer
well guess who is dead
age really doesn't matter
 tongs420
Msg: 53
Posted: 10/21/2014 12:24:16 AM
I love older women..
 cooldog65
Msg: 54
view profile
History
Posted: 10/27/2014 3:35:04 AM
I just saw a profile in my general area of a woman whose headline says she's 42, but likes younger guys. Her profile age is listed as 18. Her pictures were ok, but she was a very old looking 18 year old.
 licanin
Msg: 55
Posted: 11/30/2014 8:10:55 PM
I'm lucing45-55 for date women Windsor Ontario.
 licanin
Msg: 56
Posted: 11/30/2014 8:13:15 PM
I'm lucing45-55 for date men.
 blueguy99881
Msg: 57
Posted: 11/30/2014 11:26:15 PM
Why not? Can't see the subject matter an issue
 Like2dance
Msg: 58
view profile
History
Posted: 12/1/2014 3:35:03 PM
When I was in my early and mid twenties I found it very easy to have sex with women a few years older than myself, especially if they had been married and had a child or two.

Some younger men may perceive you as easy, I imagine.
 Eternityboresme
Msg: 59
Posted: 12/1/2014 3:57:35 PM
I'm a young guy that's into dating older women, & the very reason why is because they know what they want. they're not always confused by if they like this guy or that guy & start to become an emotional wreck. not only that but they handle things that come in life pretty confident. they're very independent, drama free, & no offense on this part, but don't want your money. I love older women, I've dated a couple & they're the best because once we decide not to see each other again, then it's no stress, no heartbreak. none of that happens because it's a mutual thing. Know what i mean? They just want to have a good time, even if it means just going out to dance, drink, etc. doesn't necessarily mean all guys are into "milfs" or whatever. i'm 22 years old, & for my age to be dating older women such as 30 & over, really isn't a big deal to me. I think it all depends on who you get involved with & their level of maturity they're in. I mean, i think that's why this website is here for lol. to get to know each other first.

There is no way I'd consider a man your age relationship material. Not at all. Not ever. You're not remotely mature enough and fully prepared to handle any relationship- orientated discussion on any mature level, or engage in a committed relationship with somebody of my maturity and caliber, as far as I'm concerned. You have nothing to offer me (and I, not you), based on these standards.

I'd have absolutely nothing in common with you in terms of perspective, interests, and desires...and shame on me the day I ever rocked up to my daughter's flat ( my daughter is 23 and her fiancé is 26), with a young man your age, and introduced you as my lover. I lived my twenties and I don't want to relive them by bevahing that way and dating somebody who is at an age now which is a bygone age for me.

The natural progression for me is to find somebody my own age with similar interests, perspectives, and level of maturity.

Feel free to date whomsoever you choose as befitting. I don't know what your real motive is, but you can't possibly believe you can have a sustaining relationship at your age with a woman decades older than you without a modicum of decency and honesty. (They deserve entirely better.)
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  >