Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > She is NOT interested and on POF      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 John255317
Msg: 82
She is NOT interested and on POFPage 5 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
People just need to realize that online dating has its shortcomings and it is no ones fault. We look at a profile and then judge that profile on whether we want to reply or write to someone. It's all we have to go on. Do we all "pass over" profilesthat could be compatible? Sure. We all can feel we are the one and why would anyone pass us over, but that is what we all have to accept. Real life meeting is the best way and online dating is the harder of the two. No sense complaining or trying to figure out the "whys".
 dahlingdarling
Msg: 83
view profile
History
She is NOT interested and on POF
Posted: 4/18/2013 11:58:07 PM
NDTfan..thank you for your honest logical posts to the misogynistic entitled movie magic posts of the OP and the_biggavell.
 cajuncooker
Msg: 84
Posted: 4/19/2013 6:59:02 AM
Oppistes attract alikes repel and whiners are revolting. Seeking your standards should be the first thing that you look for. As I said in another thread. I have a list of standards: she must be of the same religious belief as me baptist not only must she be baptist but she also has to be a christian. I dont like women with tatoos. I dont like women with non traditional piercings. I dont like women who wear revealing clothing I mean in the jeans and tee catogorey its fine if they wear jeans and a shirt but not tight cat cutters and low cut bend over see everything shirts. They have to listen to christian music and be selective on the movies they watch. They cannot be a drinker drug user and cannot be 420 friendly. They cannot talk dirty or sexual innuendo even be part of their talk. they cannot just want a friends with benefits thing. I mean my list goes on.
And the simple fact is I wont respond to a woman who does not at least have one or more of these qualities and maybe it is the same with you. they are not responding because you dont have a quality they like.
 LoneScottishBoy
Msg: 85
view profile
History
Posted: 4/19/2013 7:40:28 AM

I need to invent Midol for men.

There is one. It's called Damnitol.
Its mostly alcohol...funny that.
 UFCRocks_1969
Msg: 86
Posted: 4/20/2013 6:08:18 AM
LOL This is too funny. The problem is that they can't really decide. There's too many options for people on the internet. If you end up with a relationship with someone from here and the it ends then you can have plenty of options, this is especially true for women. This is why I would never do online dating, I rather interact with people in real life. Plus people's expectations can be unrealistic.

POF shouldn't be your primary way of meeting women it should be one of your options.
 Hamilton12345
Msg: 87
Posted: 4/20/2013 7:06:22 AM

LOL This is too funny. The problem is that they can't really decide.

No, the problem is that she/they are not interested in you. No one is going to date everyone that contacts them, just because her profile appealed to you does not mean that yours appealed to her.

I love how men keep telling each other how women think and then telling the women how they should think and behave. You have no clue about the person you sent a message to other than their profile. So you think they are perfect match for you, obviously they didn't think so. Just because they didn't want you doesn't mean they are not interested in anyone.

Gawd if I had gone on a first meet, or even corresponded with every guy that contact me, I would still be doing that and I am a middle-age chubby woman, imagine what it must be like for the younger hot ones.
 NDTfan
Msg: 88
Posted: 4/20/2013 7:50:21 AM

LOL This is too funny. The problem is that they can't really decide.

No, the problem is that they've already decided and the ones who weren't decided on don't like it. So they make up stories about how horrible she is, or that she's a snob, or that she's wrong not to "give him a chance" or that they have too many options *cough* to make themselves feel better about it.

Fragile egos + internet dating = lots of whiny threads by whiny people wondering why other people just won't stop with their foolish preferences and attraction and just pay attention to THEM.
 NDTfan
Msg: 89
Posted: 4/20/2013 8:06:26 AM
^^^

Who said that women don't do it? I used the word people. But how does the "well, women do it too!" comeback in any way make what you said any more "right"?
 MS.ICENI
Msg: 90
Posted: 4/22/2013 3:32:05 PM
Did a little reading of POs history and found something interesting. He never refers to women as women, they are always referred to as "female," and then refers to men as "men." I find that very telling...like we're not worth the respect of being called women. Just an observation.
 LiliMarleen
Msg: 91
view profile
History
Posted: 4/22/2013 4:12:02 PM
Same here. Female is unacceptable.
 John255317
Msg: 92
Posted: 4/22/2013 5:04:52 PM
Whether it is a free site or a paying site, they are the same basically. I get almost no responses on here or anywhere and I don't complain at all. It is what it is and people who whine need to realize it isn't anything personal lots of times. Hang in there, it will happen when it is suppose to happen.
 ladymercury
Msg: 93
Posted: 4/22/2013 5:56:40 PM
Sure, it may be a POF thing ... although I've heard of some really neat dating stories that resulted in success from this site.

Having said that, I have to plead a bit guilty of not connecting with men from the web. And yes, there are many eligible, handsome men on POF. I still kind of enjoy being without a partner though; there's definitely something about being a solo traveller I find gratifying. If I met a man somewhere random on a girl's night out would it be any different? Maybe. I have met some wonderful men casually and still am in touch with them now and again.

I think the expectation for shared time is less when the web is involved. It can be really anything, thus making it more simply fantasy than reality. I meet the aims I have on the web socially, but am not required to give the time to have a real relationship. Some may say it defeats the purpose of being on a dating site for sure.

Gotta love the forums, reading profiles and checking out the pictures though ... it's pretty mind-numbing stuff which is great after a hard day's work haha! Almost like reading a magazine without the cost ...
 the_biggavell
Msg: 94
Posted: 4/22/2013 6:09:02 PM
[fe]male
iron man
 daynadaze
Msg: 95
view profile
History
Posted: 4/22/2013 6:14:58 PM
^^^ LOL Now that's funny!

I love the part about women having too many choices, so they don't have to settle for the whiners, leaving the whiners with less choices. If that's not telling about a person...
 JustMary65
Msg: 96
Posted: 5/4/2013 6:48:53 AM
OP-

If I said that it would be because there is something about the profile or picture that just didn't make me want to take things any further than a casual hello.

I find a great conversation will pique my interest far more than email banter....the typical 'hi, how are you?' 'what are looking for?' etc. I suspect that some women, not all, have been hounded by some of the more aggressive types wanting to know if, how, when, where they would like to engage in sex and often ignore just about all men on POF and just like to hang out in the forums.

Some women are fickle about who they desire to get to know---sorry if it upsets you but it's a harsh reality of online dating.

I'd be more 'interested' in someone whose truly 'interested' in me and focus on that versus those who show no interest at all.

Best Wishes...JM
 searcher3013
Msg: 97
Posted: 5/4/2013 7:40:54 AM
Forgive me, I don't get this at all? All it tells me is that he refers to females as females and men to men, nothing more , nothing less. What is it telling you? I think he is sexist because he refers to men as men, why not refer to men as boys? Females to girls? Are we possibly over thinking here?

Referring to women as "females" is a practice that originated in particular socio/economic group and has unfortunately bled into the mainstream of North American culture. I'm not surprised you think nothing of it.

Whenever I hear a man refer to a woman as a "female", I think...."female what?" I think of female as an adjective, you see. For example, when I used to like to watch "Wild Kingdom" the narrator (in his lovely hushed, slightly British voice) would say things like '"The male lion keeps a constant vigil over the pride, while the female feeds her young..." For ME, the term female has a sort of animalistic or even livestock-ish connotation to it. Yes, I know is IS subtle....but that doesn't mean it isn't also valid.

It is not uncommon to see washroom doors in restaurants etc. labelled as "MEN" and "LADIES". Huh? Isn't the counterpart of MEN actually WOMEN....and the counterpart of LADIES ( a BS social construct IMO) would be GENTLEMEN (also a BS social construct IMO). How about the old, I now pronounce you MAN and WIFE...nobody ever pronounced a couple to be MAN and WOMAN....it took an incredibly long time for the phrase to to be replaced with HUSBAND and WIFE. You've probably never given this any thought...most men haven't.

Some people constantly refer to women as "females", but you seldom hear men referred to as a "male" in conversation. A MAN is a MAN. A woman? Apparently sometimes, just the "female" of the homo sapiens species...a mammal.

OT...if a man refers to women as "females" in his profile? I'm not interested :)
 ouija2013
Msg: 98
Posted: 5/4/2013 8:06:19 AM
I guess I'm missing why Female is offensive to some. I'd rather that than the men bashing all " women" Or we could demand we only be called womyn. :)
 Iredurbio2
Msg: 99
view profile
History
Posted: 5/12/2013 12:28:00 AM
after five pages of lunatic banter from both sides a genuine reply that really kind of summed it up.
Thank you Lady Mercury for your honest insight as to what a lot of women won't admit to.
 annywn
Msg: 100
Posted: 5/12/2013 3:22:51 AM
Im interested in the OP not using the word interest 11 ×s in one paragraph.
 Anonymous..1
Msg: 101
Posted: 5/13/2013 11:46:02 PM
I am curious why it matters to you. Is there some reason someone has to be interested in messaging you back or meeting you just because YOU sent a message? That seems a little narcissistic thinking to me. I would never assume or think for any reason that someone I messaged 'owed' me anything, no explanation, nothing. If they wanted to get to know me they would if not then wasn't mean to be.
 juliettes7
Msg: 102
Posted: 5/14/2013 4:20:40 AM
Sounds like someone is defensive over bein ignored or rejected, "unfairly judged". Maybe irl OP you aren't pulling harsh faces or spinning some tale and are more relaxed, people see your eyes, you're with friends and smiling or animated. You aren't posing and trying to hide your sensitivity and trying too hard.
But, irl people make gut judgements all the time on what's nice, attractive, interesting OR NOT. I do. A guy could be "handsome" but just not attractive to me, he can be "good looking" but I don't like him because of some expression, stance, or tone of voice. He may be brilliant at something I am indifferent towards. Attraction is an odd thing. A lot of movie stars mumble, many character actors have compelling elocution. Who would I rather talk to? Sometimes I feel someone is interesting because they like what I like..they are familiar...sometimes that's all that matters in attraction, not objective merit and fair play.
 Casper66
Msg: 103
view profile
History
Posted: 5/14/2013 6:11:11 PM
It doesn't matter what the reason is, they are not interested in you and every individual on the site has the right to choose who they will and will not contact, just because you put up a profile doesn't automatically mean you are going to find someone. You have no idea what complete strangers are thinking or feeling, I've noticed that certain people just can't handle rejection and so they make up all kinds of reasons to deflect it onto someone else somehow making it their fault, no one is obligated to talk, date or have sex with you, ever. Just as the OP can choose who he wants to date according to his preferences, attraction, values and beliefs, so does everyone else, some just seem to think it is only their choices that matter, IMO shows a complete lack of respect for others.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > She is NOT interested and on POF