Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > over 50 then look at this      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 csamcsog
Msg: 51
over 50 then look at thisPage 3 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
I knew I only needed one, and that's what I got.

I only need 77, and got none.

"Waste not, want not."
 csamcsog
Msg: 52
over 50 then look at this
Posted: 4/15/2013 8:33:41 PM
GIVE me a man who is financially responsible
GIVE me a man who is emotionally and intellectually available
Give me a man who pays attention to OUR relationship no matter where it stands
Give me a man who will share responsibility for our living arangement
Give me a man who doesn't lie about his drinking, smoking and eating habits

GIVE me a man who is financially responsible
Check. I respond to money.

GIVE me a man who is emotionally and intellectually available
Check. Sexually, too. Please leave this last bit confidential.

Give me a man who pays attention to OUR relationship no matter where it stands
That's a given. After all, relationships are give and take.

Give me a man who will share responsibility for our living arangement
You live there, I live here, no problem. If you want to rearrange it, I'll move in your place, you move in into my place.

Give me a man who doesn't lie about his drinking, smoking and eating habits
Drinking: water, coke, coffee.
Smoking: I haven't had sex for thirteen years. Had no way to check.
Eating: Ooh, yeah, baby. Tons and tons. I love food, and to eat it, too.
 jlynn1955
Msg: 53
view profile
History
Posted: 4/17/2013 6:50:56 PM
oh for the love of.....another one. I really think POF out to have a section just for the men who insist on lumping all women together as if women are interchangeable in the way they think and act, etc. That way they could have all the bitter/angry/whining/negative/women bashers in one place and they could feed off one another.
 Freudian
Msg: 54
view profile
History
Posted: 4/17/2013 9:08:33 PM

oh for the love of.....another one. I really think POF out to have a section just for the men who insist on lumping all women together as if women are interchangeable in the way they think and act, etc. That way they could have all the bitter/angry/whining/negative/women bashers in one place and they could feed off one another.

Excuse me, what the heck are you talking about?
 ladywilltravel
Msg: 55
Posted: 4/18/2013 7:53:10 AM
Reading these responses has lead me to believe that everyone has just made a contribution to the next
TV Reality show. Hum, wonder if Lifetime will air it next season.
 charliesmom21
Msg: 56
Posted: 4/18/2013 8:03:54 AM
They already have jlynn.. its called POF. The problem is a few really nice guys get on here and they get clumped in withthe bitter buddies and whiners.
 hounddoug
Msg: 57
Posted: 4/18/2013 9:14:23 AM

People should chose life over mere existance. But putting the blame on others keeps them from doing what they really need to do - look in the friggin mirror. The only thing you can change is yourself.

Couldn't agree more. but the problem is people would rather blame everyone else instead of taking ownership and responsibility for their own life choices/mistakes/happiness/unhappiness.

Maybe we should all pick on day of the week to only post positive thoughts and words. I wonder that would work.

Doubtful. People feed off of other people's misery and problems. Makes them feel better about themselves.
 Halcyon_Skies
Msg: 58
Posted: 4/18/2013 9:58:28 AM

your pool that you are looking at is not on here you may as well be single

Hmm... I must have good fishing gear, then. I met my man on a dating site three years ago. He fits into none of your "take away" pigeonholes---with the exception that he's a moderate social drinker, as am I. That's a good thing, since I didn't date teetotalers.
 jlynn1955
Msg: 59
view profile
History
Posted: 4/20/2013 8:00:01 PM
Freudian, the OP and others complaining about women with their overgeneralizations as if all women are exactly alike. It's a constant whine festival on POF-and admittedly some of the women do the same thing with men.

OP-I must be in the top 25% because I won't go out with someone who smokes-at all. I'm a little allergic to it and I can't stand the smell. That doesn't mean I'm too picky or setting my standards too high.
 LunaBella9
Msg: 60
Posted: 4/21/2013 7:07:59 PM
You are definitely a "glass half full" kinda guy, eh OP?
But your math is all skewed...and some of us beat those odds with our canes...lol
 Secondhand_Lion
Msg: 61
view profile
History
Posted: 4/21/2013 10:42:33 PM
^^^^He can't help it....he works for the banks setting credit card interest rates.
 BLONDE_ANGEL845
Msg: 62
Posted: 4/22/2013 1:42:34 AM
People should chose life over mere existance. But putting the blame on others keeps them from doing what they really need to do - look in the friggin mirror. The only thing you can change is yourself.

Couldn't agree more. but the problem is people would rather blame everyone else instead of taking ownership and responsibility for their own life choices/mistakes/happiness/unhappiness.

true, if it is not slovenly appearance or obesity, it is bad personality, bad choices, bad habits (smoking, too much drinking, etc.)
IMO it is immature & downright stupid...it's narcissistic to think everyone of the opposite sex desires you just cuz u wish it to be true. People have their own agendas...maybe they want a woman who bakes brownies, as one poster once told me on the phone. Take a pic of yourself baking brownies in a bathrobe, he said. Guess what, I DON'T BAKE BROWNIES. Never did, I raised a child who had type 1 diabetes, so I would have to fake being a brownie baker just "to get a man"?

Same person told me a story about shooting rodents on a date at a dump of some sort...well I am an animal lover & a vegetarian, duh...same person told me I look like a Diva in my ad...translation, because I appear happy w/ good self esteem, I am not a doormat, so I am a Diva?

All of this posturing & posing, faking etc. would only serve to attract a man or men who were not a match. No thanks!

In the last year, I had a few men from in real life express interest in me, based on me being me. They know what the score was. That I am not a hike/bike person, that I do not bake brownies, that I like being wined & dined, that I may be a touch high maintenance, that I don't pursue/court men, I allow them to pursue me. That I don't want to go hunting or hunker down on rotting animal flesh. That I am a romantic. That I care about certain things, that I have standards & would rather be alone than twist myself into a pretzel for a "bubba"...

well guess what, I don't have to...be alone or twist myself into a pretzel... and this is not gender specific, not meant to be a man bash, no man should have to be a fake to get a woman either...

If someone is confident enough to be themself, they will attract the real partner & not be afriad when that person shows up in their life.

"when the student is ready, the teacher appears"
 ladyc4
Msg: 63
Posted: 4/22/2013 2:28:58 PM
your pool that you are looking at is not on here

Huh? Tell me something I DON'T know. A couple that might have possibilities live too damn far away...( I'm sorry, but distance IS a legitimate consideration,IMO)

you may as well be single

works for me!
Seriously-if it's( a new life partner) meant to be it will happen, if not, the Universe doesn't owe me a thing.
And everyone is entitled to make their own decisions about requirements and deal-breakers.
Dating sites-regardless of what you may have heard- are NOT vending machines for dates/relationships/sex. People are not required,by reason of having a profile on the site, to date anyone who approaches them. That goes for both genders.
Cindy O
 DragonBits
Msg: 64
Posted: 4/22/2013 3:29:13 PM

I keep getting the feeling if a person said that to me, I am going to get flashed.
 Deadliest_Snatch
Msg: 65
Posted: 4/23/2013 9:56:29 AM

your pool that you are looking at is not on here

Huh? Tell me something I DON'T know.

Hee Hee Hee

I keep getting the feeling if a person said that to me, I am going to get flashed.

If I want to flash my (o)(o), I just lift the hem of my skirt.
 Halcyon_Skies
Msg: 66
Posted: 4/23/2013 12:53:49 PM

If I want to flash my (o)(o), I just lift the hem of my skirt.

That would be UU rather than (o)(o).
 DragonBits
Msg: 67
Posted: 4/23/2013 2:36:25 PM
Low hanging fruit?

I googled Low hanging fruit breasts, and Low hanging fruit walmart breasts.

Not a pretty picture, but it appears there is a lid for every pot.
 Deadliest_Snatch
Msg: 68
Posted: 4/23/2013 2:52:51 PM
I googled Low hanging fruit breasts, and Low hanging fruit walmart breasts.

Reeeeally? Why ... on Gawd's Green Earth?

Not a pretty picture

What were you expecting exactly?

That would be UU rather than (o)(o).

I "sag" corrected.
 Bachelorette.Number1
Msg: 69
Posted: 4/23/2013 3:29:08 PM
You just took away 275% of the guys.....
But you can add to mine-
25% from the men that don't make $75,000.
But take away 10% for making under 40K.
15% that aren't heavy drinkers
25% that have kids living at home.
25% that have an office job.
75% since my ex husband didn't pass away.
10% for acting like my ex husband. It combines with your number 2 on the list.
So my percentage is......135% don't have what I'm looking for.

Awesome mathematical deducing! Guess I won't waste my time anymore.
 ladyc4
Msg: 70
Posted: 4/24/2013 11:02:36 AM
Ya know those camisoles with "shelf" bra built in? ( I bet they sell 'em at Walmart)?
I wanna know when somebody is gonna start making those "shelves" cantilevered?

Hell, I can't even flash somebody anymore, takes too damn long to bend over and unlace my boots...
UU would be an UUnderstatement.
Now,I'm over 50-somebody remind me what it is that I'm supposed to be looking at here?
Cindy O
 MutedEnthusiasm
Msg: 71
Posted: 4/24/2013 12:53:16 PM
I wanna know when somebody is gonna start making those "shelves" cantilevered?

Now I’m no engineer, but isn’t cantilever just a fancy word for see-saw? In order to hold something up at the front, wouldn’t you need something at least as heavy bearing down at the back end?

You know, we don’t have to pursue this. I'm probably mistaken.
 charliesmom21
Msg: 72
Posted: 4/24/2013 12:57:05 PM
LOL Cindy O.. I would say the shelf is made for a 22 year old and I personally would not want to imagine it. The idea of flashing when over 50 is kind of scary more than sexy. Thanks for the laughs.
 OutMind
Msg: 73
Posted: 4/24/2013 2:34:46 PM
More than 25 percent, in some of those is more like 90 percent.
 CynthiaSM
Msg: 74
Posted: 4/24/2013 4:45:43 PM
[Quote]UU would be an UUnderstatement.
Think you meant UUdderstatement.
 GrandmaBooBoo
Msg: 75
view profile
History
Posted: 4/30/2013 11:15:49 AM
I've been happily single for 15 yrs now because I

took away 25% of men who whine when I smoke a cigar
took away 25% of men who whine because *I* make over $75K
took away 25% of men who whine because my tool box is bigger than theirs
took away 25% of men who lost their licenses for DUI's, so 5 miles is "too far away" for them to drive
took away 25% of men who want to tell me what I need for MY damn truck
took away 25% of men who think that because I'm female I should be suffering from empty nest syndrome
took away 25% of men who have office jobs and and can't relate to a female construction worker
took away 75% of men who have never had a relationship with a woman who pays bills and and doesn't need someone else to tell her what her budget should look like
took away 150% of men who expect ME to make restitution for all the horrible things their exes have done to them
took away 50% of men who won't ride rollercoasters
took away 50% of men who live for NASCAR
took away 50% of men who won't dance...even you don't expect them to be Fred Astaire
took away 50% of men who can't (won't) tell you what THEY like (only what one of their exes said they were ALLOWED to like)
took away 50% of men who "don't" read (anything except the comics and sports page)
took away 50% of men who have to vacation in hotels and eat in restaurants daily. (I"m a hot dog on a stick over a campfire kinda girl myself)
took away 150% of men who absolutely will NOT "give up the home THEY built", but expect me to give up mine.
took away the 100% of men who have insurmountable issues with MY income...and the fact that they equate income to CONTROL.

I'm sure I could add a few more, but....life is short and my boat is calling....LOL! so....add another 25% of men that I "took away" because they don't like fishing in a real lake.

I will be 60 yrs old tomorrow....and as I said, I've been single for 15 yrs...so I really don't see what YOUR problem is with that??? Single is GOOD......married is just.....a whole lot of sacrifices that NOBODY should have to make.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > over 50 then look at this