Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Atom_82
Msg: 26
view profile
History
How do you start again? Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
Carry a flask in your pocket:) Take a shot every hour.
 sigungq
Msg: 27
view profile
History
How do you start again?
Posted: 4/17/2013 4:49:47 PM
Walts wrote:

Very simple really. Drink.

Whiskey.

Good shiat too.

Not that JD crap.

And lots of it.

Works wonders.

I've heard that works quite well, because the drunker you get, the better every ugly desperate woman looks. I suppose with enough whiskey, you'll be taking one home eventually.
 jlynn1955
Msg: 28
view profile
History
How do you start again?
Posted: 4/18/2013 9:39:54 PM
OP-I share with you what my therapist told me. When a long term relationship ends, it is like a death. You are dealing with grief. Probably depression and anxiety. It takes a good while to completely get over the end of a long term relationship. And there are no cut and dried rules for how to get over it or how long is ok to grieve. Your family and friends will get tired of listening to it, long before you can completely let go.

All I can tell you to do is put one foot in front of the other and repeat. Go on auto-pilot. Maybe set yourself some goals to get you back out and about. Small goals. And if you fail at one-no biggie-just try again. Get out of your comfort zone a little. It's easy to hide from the world, but the longer you do that, the harder it will be to break that habit. Baby steps!
 Luthion
Msg: 29
view profile
History
How do you start again?
Posted: 4/18/2013 11:57:42 PM
Drinking is not the answer, because once the alcohol wears off, the problem will just keep coming back. If someone ends up getting close to you, that's a major recipe for a disaster.

Here's a question for you. WHY do you feel so nervous and unconfident?
 cajuncooker
Msg: 30
How do you start again?
Posted: 4/19/2013 4:03:21 AM
Wow that is hard because I kind of do the same thing only i avoid the are you single questions and can I have your numeber questions. I am not really a good conversation starter let alone bright enough to know when or if someone is even slightly interested. and I have been single for seven years now.
All I can say is it takes time and you will loosen up and you may think you are ready but your heart and mind are not yet. I have heard it said that it takes half the time to get over someone as you were in a relationship so 3 years devided by 2 is 1.5 so give it another 6 months
 S58
Msg: 31
How do you start again?
Posted: 4/20/2013 3:07:12 AM
mr471989,
Don’t push this shyness envelope... Just continue seeing friends and don’t (I repeat, don’t) isolate yourself. Over time you will at YOUR SPEED, overcome the shyness that keeps you boxed-in. While this seems like mountain to you right now, overtime it will become nothing more than a speed bump in life…
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >