Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Women can fix this!      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 OutMind
Msg: 90
Women can fix this!Page 5 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)

But in most advertising the prospective customer is inundated with images of a false reality, you see what they want you to think about, which is everything except the product or service.

Yes and no, depending on the advertising. Also, if your make believe is above the real value or benefit of the product, the product self destructs. But take for instance the commercial "the farmer" which used a sermon by Paul Harvey. It differentiated, yet totally connected with a particular audience. The product, a Chrysler pickup truck, has to compete against die hard Ford people, Chevy people or even Toyota people.

Same thing applies here. If all you do is "Me too." You're nothing but me too. Boring. Next.

So okay, shots for everyone. Pull out that Patron bottle.
 GrandmaBooBoo
Msg: 91
view profile
History
Women can fix this!
Posted: 5/15/2013 10:03:00 AM

Women you can fix this! Just like CraigsList has a "flag" option POF has an option to report a profile. If a man asks for or offers sex in the original email and, their profile does not say "intimate encounter" please report their profile. That way hopefully they'll get deleted and that will leave room for the true men on here.

I think you're taking this far too serious. First of all, it wasn't long after turning 30 (30 years ago) that I decided it was much more fun to GRADE sexual harassment that it is to report it...and also a lot more effective. But...that was in my own particular realm...the world of construction workers, who may not have a lot of polish...but you can be certain that when one offers a compliment (whistle) it's sincere.

Right around that same time, I also learned what 90% of women learn after the age of 30-40.... that the men who constantly TALK about sex....are the ones getting the LEAST of it....and that there's usually a reason why. (they're lousy at it)

Women are not quite so naive as you might think. Take a survey of women.... and ask them the first thing that pops into their heads when a guy they barely know starts talking about oral.....LOL! Be honest women.....you think ED....right?

So, to expect women to fix it.....make room for true men....they already do.

One of the worst things that men (and probably women do it also) is to ignore a persons profile, or think that they are going to change the other person's views. Example: My profile has clearly stated for quite some number of years that I am NOT looking for dates, relationships or anything else...that I'm here because I have friends here....and I keep track of the POF real time events which I go to occassionally. Every once in a while, I get (other from my friends) a sincere...."just wanna be friends" email, but by far....most still want to "hook up", or think that I didn't know what I was saying. IF I were to even respond to those....it's like "encouragement". (A LIE) NO INTEREST means NO INTEREST. So if a woman (or man) doesn't respond to someone.....don't take it as a personal insult or a reflection on YOU or your character....but as her/his personal preference.

Men or women who become so "frustrated" over someone elses lack of response that they alter their normal personality are NOT good relationship material in the first place....so defending them is pointless. When someone looks at your profile and doesn't like your looks....or something you've said, your grammar, your interests.....it's PREFERENCE, and it's perfectly fine to have those.
 theforumfiend
Msg: 92
Women can fix this!
Posted: 5/15/2013 5:26:46 PM
To the so-called nice guys that seem to think women can't/don't think for themselves to discourage the pervs - it's easy. Block all people looking for IE or have contacts others for IE. Of course then we forumites will have to deal with more forums complaining that women are too judgmental and/or the forums complaining that this is a horrible option because "I've never contacted anyone for IE and should not be blocked".

Sheesh.
 senseandspirit
Msg: 93
view profile
History
Women can fix this!
Posted: 6/4/2013 6:55:38 AM

Women only want friendly chat when they want friendly chat, and men are supposed to know that. When they want it, they will survey the recent ones to see which one she likes - just like she only looks at the ads in the current Cosmo. Maybe you'll get picked!

I once had a good friend who mantra is "Timing is Everything!"
 c_deacon
Msg: 94
view profile
History
Women can fix this!
Posted: 6/4/2013 8:27:16 AM
And here I thought it was...."location, location, location"....;)

OT.....There is no fixing a woman, just enjoying them until they try to fix you!!

cd
 rearguard*2
Msg: 95
view profile
History
Women can fix this!
Posted: 6/4/2013 9:42:51 AM
^^^^BINGO!

That is right on target!
 SunForSome
Msg: 96
Women can fix this!
Posted: 6/4/2013 12:29:02 PM
Women, do you think you can fix this?

Most markets tend to fix themselves based on supply and demand. I'm sure that most women understand that the blatent sex approach is only a means for these types of men to identify their sub-market. It's quicker than taking the slealth approach of long conversations about mundane issues only to switch the subject later on towards sex chatting. Women who are responsive to sex chatting will respond... women who are not responsive will block. If there were no women receptive to sex chat, there would be no men here looking for such things.

Perhaps the men that are interested in more than sex chat can find a less stealth way of identifying their sub-market perhaps by being forward and saying that they are looking for someone to go on a date with them. I do see some men as being quick to mention setting up a coffee meet... their goal of course is to sort through images to find women who are receptive to dating.

Of course, the reason why most women can't respond to everyone who emails them is because EVERY single man is playing the numbers game and they are all emailing usually the best looking women. YET... Any woman who actually responds to the man and then goes out on a date with him will be considered less worthy...somehow flawed... because ALL the other REALLY good looking women appear to be ignoring him. So, the guy goes back to look for someone who is "better" than the one he just got. Yep... the grass is greener on the other side.

That's my theory.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Women can fix this!