Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Relocating For The Over 45 Crowd.....      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 mrsforums
Msg: 65
view profile
History
Relocating For The Over 45 Crowd.....Page 4 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
I love where I live, and those that I love, live within an hour's drive. I'm not seeing relocation as part of my future plans.

MrsF
 curviest
Msg: 66
view profile
History
Relocating For The Over 45 Crowd.....
Posted: 6/19/2013 3:48:18 AM
Yes, I would. Have done so before and would do so again.
 beach2live
Msg: 67
Posted: 6/22/2013 5:54:16 PM
Yes! Absolutely! :)
 Magic_Fish
Msg: 68
Posted: 7/11/2013 4:51:43 AM
I relocated once for love and it’s true what they say – you don’t really know someone until you live with them. Turns out, he, in my opinion, had lots of weird personality traits.

Would I do it again? In a heartbeat, for the real deal. But there would need be lots of interaction beforehand. And then of course, he would need to be willing to relocate as well – as in every month. This month in Mexico, next one Belize, then Honduras, and so on, and so on, in our floating home, until we’ve seen the world.

I’m a few years shy of retirement and my son’s career has relocated him 1000s of miles from Ottawa, and chances are he will only return here for 3-4 year posting, sometime in the next 25 years. I have plenty of siblings to care for mom and I know that she would welcome the opportunity of visit me in whatever port we happen to be in. So yeah, for the right skipper, I would relocate.

MF
 zippytwo
Msg: 69
Posted: 7/16/2013 4:01:01 PM
Been there, did that...never again. I gave up too much for unfulfilled promises. Now, if I fell in love with someone who lived a distance away, he'd have to move to me. Everything that matters in my life is HERE where I live and I won't give it up...
 ~Arianna~
Msg: 70
Posted: 7/21/2013 1:49:15 PM
I plan on selling my house and living on the road in NA in a couple more years. If I happen to meet someone at a distance and we both feel a relationship could be feasible, then I would be able to settle for awhile in his area to see how things progress. If it works out .. great! We could still utilize my home on wheels for getaways together if it comes to making a permanent home together .. or we could both travel the continent together. If it doesn't work out .. I would continue on down the road knowing it was worth having made the attempt and move on. No risk = no rewards!
 diamondintheruff55
Msg: 71
view profile
History
Posted: 8/16/2013 11:57:24 PM
I might just relocate for the right man.
 WeeDeeter
Msg: 72
Posted: 8/17/2013 10:07:45 PM
Not a chance. I was born and raised in this area. I LOVE IT here...the scenery...the lifestyle...
My loved ones are here. I travel, visit and have worked all over the province but this is home sweet home.
I won't even entertain the idea of a long distance relationship. I'd be suspicious of anyone who could easily leave his life (for me) to relocate here. It would translate as a lack of devotion to his family and friends, a potential character flaw. Why doesn't he have stronger connections? Deeper roots?
 JerseyTea
Msg: 73
Posted: 8/18/2013 12:30:46 AM
It would take a very special guy, and a lot of consideration but....it could be possible to relocate.
 Sapphireeyes100
Msg: 74
Posted: 8/18/2013 11:53:59 AM
I keep reading that it would take someone special, do you realize that implies you would get in a relationship with someone who isnt special?
 hounddoug
Msg: 75
Posted: 8/18/2013 12:58:48 PM

I keep reading that it would take someone special, do you realize that implies you would get in a relationship with someone who isnt special?

I never thought it being someone special, but someone who you make feel special; more by your actions than your words.
 Peppermint_Petunias
Msg: 76
view profile
History
Posted: 8/18/2013 1:20:19 PM
I think many of us would for the RIGHT person, but leaving the coast would be very hard for me.
To far from the beaches and mountains.

I love the small town life also.

Leaving the warm coast would be even harder.

NOT going to Maine.Keep the Lobster.

I love 72-82 degrees
 LiliMarleen
Msg: 77
view profile
History
Posted: 8/19/2013 7:56:55 AM
I just did.

Well, kind of. I still have my house in NJ. My housemate is taking care of it now.

But I finally made it up to rural Connecticut with my sweetheart!

It was really scary, and it will be interesting how I'll figure out the job part, in the long run. But I'm so glad I did it. I feel as if I'm exactly where I'm supposed to be, and he feels the same way. We're getting along really well so far, and we're so happy to be together after 2.5 years of dating long-distance.

We're here because of his job, and I'm very happy to say that so far I love the area, I've made GREAT connections in my various 12-Step programs, and it's going extremely well.

Of course it's early days, yet, but - so far so good!

I will say that they are only certain areas in this country I would have moved to. New England is one of them. So, this really worked out very well. It's probably a much better place for us than Central Pennsylvania would have been.
 flaneur001
Msg: 78
view profile
History
Posted: 8/19/2013 10:28:30 PM
LiliMarleen,

Congratulations...how absolutely wonderful. I wish you and your amour all the best!
 ladyc4
Msg: 79
Posted: 8/21/2013 3:37:37 PM
Message#85...
Really, dude?! REALLY!!???

You wander into this thread dragging some off-topic shit from somewhere else because Sapphire won't kiss your moldy ass?
Some people might report your sorry butt , but I'llcall you out directly.

Sapphires love life IS NOT the topic here. What, did a woman who looks like her reject your lameass offer of a clandestine love affair?
So tell us, piroud, would YOU relocate for love? THAT is the topic here.
For myself, I'm much inclined to say no I wouldn't .
However, I do find the idea of getting a small RV and living on the road to be an intriguing idea. Not sure I'd ever actually DO that, but it is an interesting idea.

I suppose I might relocate for love if I was reasonably certain I could quickly develop an independent life, rather than being totally dependent on a SO.

The thought has been crossing my mind since I was sick last winter, that maybe I'd like to get out from under home ownership. If I were just renting an apartment that might facilitate having a part-time life on the road...
food for thought, I guess. But generally speaking, especially since I'm VERY dubious about living under the same roof with a man anymore( no matter how much I might love him)-I'd have to say no, I would not relocate.
Cindy O
 BornToKayak
Msg: 80
Posted: 8/21/2013 5:33:50 PM
I don't believe only one should relocate. Since you're making a new life together, you both should relocate, if only on the other side of town.
I am 62, and many of us are ready for a new life, new adventures. I don't believe as a new couple you should live in the other's home, period.
You purchase or rent a new home for the both of you.
 Peppermint_Petunias
Msg: 81
view profile
History
Posted: 8/24/2013 1:32:32 AM

And the 300% humidity levels?

Then you'd love it here - 85 summers / -40 winters. ;-) A southern flower like you would wither fairly quickly up here I'd imagine, and your humidity would destroy me.

MINUS 40??? Oh no.

I like the humidity to a point. It keeps the skin looking dewy.
Sweat is something we all do here, so it's not a big deal.

Would love to visit somewhere else a month or two in a cooler climate most summers though.
This one hasn't been bad.........YET

As for sharing a home with a man. I find women have become so OCD about how their homes are run and rituals after 45 and being single a long time that anyone can be hard to live with.

Visited a female friend I love dearly for 5 days.

One container for table scraps,One for coffee grounds and one for egg shells. one for paper ect..obsessive about this and that being done this and that way..Holy crap!!!
The male dog can tinkle in the back but the female has to go in the frt yard.

It seems their P is different..seriously.

Have to use a cover to get on her scale/whatever or she may get cooties.

If you sit on the yard furniture she insists you have a cushion even if she has to drag it out and you are only sitting 5 minutes and then it has to be put back so it wont mold.

The 2 dogs each have to have 2 separate type meals taking time to prepare longer than I take to prepare my lunch.

With men you need 2 bathrooms and with women it seems 2 kitchens so whats the difference?

Everyone has things they like done their way.

Women can be worse than a man to live with.

Then you have the cat people with 3 liter boxes in the house. SHOOT ME.

Untrained cats walking all over the counters, then jump on the bed?. No thank you.

Men that want you around are more accommodating in MY experience.
 anita_lay
Msg: 82
view profile
History
Posted: 8/24/2013 2:08:21 AM
I've just relocated so no, I'm not in a big rush to do it again. Love my new job, love my life here...however, if the guy was offering six months of the year on a tropical island...hmmmm.....
 rearguard*2
Msg: 83
view profile
History
Posted: 8/24/2013 6:14:22 AM

if the guy was offering six months of the year on a tropical island...hmmmm.....

For us Canucks, Australia is a tropical island......:)

16-18C in the dead of Winter........rough......
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 84
Posted: 8/24/2013 8:50:45 AM
however, if the guy was offering six months of the year on a tropical island...hmmmm.....

That's what I said...Under certain conditions (weather) I might be persuaded to relocate as well. I can see it now, white sand, blue water holding a tall cool drink with a little umbrella...*sigh*
Now we know that's not going to happen but if I'm going to fantasize, might as well make it a good one *grin*

...mae

For us Canucks, Australia is a tropical island......:)

Ain't that the truth :)
 anita_lay
Msg: 85
view profile
History
Posted: 8/24/2013 2:10:18 PM
^^You too are both welcome to visit tropical Melbourne and stay in my humble abode (surrounded by the BEST restaurants, live music, coffee shops, etc etc) whenever you want xx
 Tsar850
Msg: 86
Posted: 8/25/2013 10:53:55 AM
I live in paradise 8 miles from the gulf of Mexico. So no I would never relocate. I am 10 minutes from world class shopping and restaurants. The night life is as good as it gets as we have top entertainers for at least 9 months out of the year.

During the off season it is quite and during the tourist season you get to meet some really cool people.

No reason to even consider moving.
 elmuchoburrito
Msg: 87
Posted: 8/31/2013 6:52:00 PM
Relocate for work ... .just did
Retire over seas ?.... already on the docket
Move across the country for 'love'..... I have more chance of winning the lottery.... and I haven't bought a ticket in years.
 Like2dance
Msg: 88
view profile
History
Posted: 9/6/2013 4:54:52 PM
Living in Newport Beach is hard to beat. It would have to be some honey to convince me to relocate for her!
 completelyhappy
Msg: 89
view profile
History
Posted: 12/11/2013 1:07:14 PM
sounds like projections to me- fear holds people back.

blessings
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Relocating For The Over 45 Crowd.....