Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 dishearteneddave
Msg: 65
My History on sex (getting laid)Page 4 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)

(Msg. #69. Whisky_River) The feelings he is probably referring to is "caring".....anyone can rut for the sake of need...like an animal....that's the easy part!

Perhaps it’s just me but I don’t understand not having any feelings for a person I had sex with. The person made me feel good. Why wouldn’t I have feelings for them? It doesn’t make any sense to me. I may not be madly in love with them but, yes, I do have feelings for them.

I think most people consider sex to be something really good. If that’s the case when someone does something really good for us don’t we naturally have feelings for them?

Where is sex on a scale of good deeds? Is sex better than lunch? If some random stranger offered to buy us lunch with no strings attached wouldn’t we appreciate them? If we dropped something we were carrying, say a handful of papers and a random stranger stopped to help us pick them up wouldn’t we be thankful? Wouldn’t we think nice thoughts about the person?

I’m just guessing but it sounds like one is talking about being ashamed of themselves if they don’t have good feelings about the other person. It sounds like they’re thinking, “Look what you made me do.” Or allowed me to do. Or some other guilty feeling due to their view of sex.

Two people sharing themselves is beautiful unless one is a wacko trying to hurt the other. In that case it’s not the sex that’s wrong. The wrongness is one person is disturbed, mentally ill or just wicked.
 packagedealx3
Msg: 66
view profile
History
My History on sex (getting laid)
Posted: 5/31/2013 5:43:05 AM
People have physical needs and some people conclude that satisfying their physical need with a one-night-stand is unsatisfying, nothing wrong with that and nothing wrong with them if someone is really able to have them without angst.

I wouldn't conclude that you used this woman because any woman who goes home with a guy she just met might hope that something will evolve but they can be relatively certain it won't, ergo even if they are disappointed or hurt you did not use them.

I find it far more irksome to get into a relationship with a guy who really doesn't want a long-term commitment but perhaps without even knowing it they play the boyfriend game because that's the only way they are going to get regular sex with one person.

Many people don't realize that the brain is the most important sex organ and many men don't get that if they keep their partner happy she will make them very happy.

Casual sex will satisfy the physiology but the brain part is left bereft.
 RunForRad
Msg: 67
Posted: 5/31/2013 1:44:19 PM
Yup, I am the same way. Never had a one night stand and never will. I believe sex comes with love........................old fashioned........
 TuMuchFun
Msg: 68
view profile
History
Posted: 5/31/2013 1:50:53 PM
A number of men and women who are beholden to their hands and various other external sources might believe any partner with a pulse and is squeezable is intimate and a suitable partner to make sexual history with until something really really good comes along.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >