Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > Soo I feel like I want to cry but somehow I cant even get my eyes to      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 classy_shirt
Msg: 19
Soo I feel like I want to cry but somehow I cant even get my eyes to respondPage 2 of 2    (1, 2)
I think it is fair to say that the only reason why you're mad is because your thread was deleted over self petty and mine wasn't. u mad?
 Walts
Msg: 20
Soo I feel like I want to cry but somehow I cant even get my eyes to respond
Posted: 4/12/2013 5:30:39 PM

the opposite sex doesn't find my qualities popular. Anyone feel the same way?

I honestly would start worrying if the majority of people agreed and liked the way I do things, say things,etc. I mean seriously. I would freak right out. In fact, if I had too many people giving me the thumbs up,I'm pretty sure I would have to quit drinking. That, or wake up outta my sleep.
 City_girl1969
Msg: 21
Posted: 4/12/2013 5:34:08 PM
Can I make a suggestion? You have e-mail set for between 22 & 25 . Expand your age range. I don't know many people your age who like Iron Maiden so that may be a bit of a turn off. I am looking for a nice guy but can't seem to find any where I live.
 classy_shirt
Msg: 22
Posted: 4/12/2013 7:33:57 PM

I don't know many people your age who like Iron Maiden so that may be a bit of a turn off

That is probably true, but I don't feel comfortable hiding such an integral part of my life.
 The_Whole_of_the_Moon
Msg: 23
Posted: 4/14/2013 8:40:49 AM

but I was trying to date again after 4 + years

What were you doing in these 4+ years? I'd guess it would have something with your Master's Degree. I'm thinking your whole life so far has to do with your Master's Degree. No doubt you're a whiz kid at what you do but

what do you know about women ?

It strikes me from your profile that since puberty kick started you've spent most of your time pursuing knowledge and women have been asteroids in your life.

Could your ability to meet women be affected by the fact you have little experience at it and no knowledge of how to do it ? Horny is instinctive to all males, talking too women isn't. Talking too women is something that has to be learned, some learn it very quickly.

You can read up on how to talk with women but don't consider it to be completely helpful. Anything written in the forums is just as helpful or unhelpful as anything written by some dumb ass dating guru.

Now I would change the nickname. I find it to be very plain, uninspiring and easily forgetful. It doesn't have to be awe inspiring, just a little more meaningful
 sexandthepof
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 4/14/2013 11:29:50 AM
I felt the same way when I was in early 20s. I used to look around and thought to myself: "I'm not bad looking, I'm smart and nice, why don't have a bf like many other girls?" Later I learned that it was probably because I was shy and too innocent, lol... I wanted and tried to change, but it was not easy. However, things changed when I was in mid 20. Sometimes, I think it is just fate, and you need to learn to be bold a bit and be confident.
 LoneScottishBoy
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 4/15/2013 11:00:01 AM
Dude!

1. Change up your PICS.
2. Lose the gun
3. Change your intro. It sounds like you are trying to be TOO smart or you are trying to look "Accidentally smart".
If I was a lady and saw this I would be thinking that I was just another experiement or project to you. When they say this isnt rocket science...this is one place where that REALLY is true.

From your profile I get that you are a souless mechanical dork that has no feelings except for his work. Combine that with the gun and I get the impression you will wipe out a bank one day.

Sure you mat be a nice guy, but this profile is actually designed to keep women from getting to know the real you.

Change it up!
 Szaszaspasz
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Posted: 4/18/2013 8:57:06 AM
The age limit (22-25) does really limit who can message you.

Your profile seems OK to me.

As for that gun (R.E.P.R) in your profile ...where do you get one of those? I would like to mount one on the hood of my 1998 Toyota Corolla with the Dollar Store bullet hole stickers. This would ensure I am surrounded by courteous drivers at all times. If I can operate it from inside my car; I can rid the world (or my immediate vicinity) of gutless vehicles with fake wood panelling.

What does R.E.P.R stand for? It sounds like it should be pronounced "Reaper."

NOTE: I truly drive such a car.

OutMind
Msg: 27
Posted: 4/18/2013 12:13:56 PM

This is one of the things that I don't understand: people getting angry because someone else is hurt and needs help.. again please refrain from calling someone you don't know names. It is disrespectful. although it gets you a momentary high, it does not help the other party.

You don't get it don't you. What you see as guys getting angry is what real men, men that have balls, men that get women and women want to fvck them, say when they are giving advice.

Nobody is angry.

But again, you play the scared puppy with the tail between your legs, and all that negativity that you are stuck in your niceness.

My advice is to do some competitive sport where you learn to release your testosterone. Then apply that to the rest of your life. And remember that when men talk to men, we banter, we call each other d i ck wad, and a plethora of derogatory names not able to pass the sensors of these pages.

To become better with women, learn to be better with guys.
 Happy_gal2013
Msg: 28
Posted: 4/20/2013 11:14:34 AM
Op,
Many people on here has different definitions of what a nice guy is. We all have assumptions based on our own beliefs. Be the person you want to be. Stand as one with confidence of who you are as a person. I'm a strong believer that others do not define you as a person, only you define yourself. Have confidence and stick to your perception of one self. Confidence is very attractive to many.

There is no set mold in dating. If there were we would not be here. Stand on your own and set your own standards and be true to yourself. Ladies with except you or not. It's part of the dating world.
Good luck and best wishes.
 xxxDINOxxx
Msg: 29
Posted: 5/6/2013 12:48:22 PM
To the OP, while I enjoy witty quasi-aggressive male banter as much as the next guy, I won't "berate" you,
playfully or otherwise. Just a couple quick guy-to-guy suggestions, w/out referring you to the actual "profile review" threads and all that; as some others have said here before I believe, just another .02 cents: I personally would not have the pic with that rifle or whatever that is. Just doesn't belong on a dating site, IMO; facebook maybe, not here. And while it's cool or fine that you like Iron Maiden (me 2 frankly; some of the old stuff ;)), I'd not quote any in the profile. Otherwise you shouldn't have many problems, really. My own profile is pretty lame, lol, but I never really had any complaints, so, it gets the point across and that's enough. I figure we'll talk about music and all that if / when we ever really talk.

Other male friends of mine have reported similar scenarios to your own; ie, sending out a lot of msgs and receiving few if any replies and so on. There's a lot of men on this site, it's public and it's free, and the ratio therefore has to be skewed in favor of the girls. And furthermore, the way things usually go , many of the ladies don't even have to respond to anyone, really; they just get responses almost every day, and some get way too many. So, it's a matter of casting a wide net, being fully expectant of non-response and such, patience, and hopefully having a little fun in the meantime. Laugh about it if nothing else. There's always the "real world" after all, and this is just one creative potential outlet for meeting people.

But remember, if you can't take a hit (& in this context that would be I suppose not getting your msg responded to) then you can't even play the game, really. I don't think you'll ever find any man with a 100% success rate for every email, etc, he's sent on any of these sites. Beyond saying all that, I for one am not really into PUA (pick-up artistry) and those sorts of things, extensive "attitude adjustment" and so forth; just be who you are, shoot straight (though don't take a pic doing it and post it here) , and something positive will come along.
 cutiepatudee
Msg: 30
Posted: 5/6/2013 2:35:01 PM
check your profile
get someone to read
it must be exciting and shock people and do so fun events such as
bowling?
dancing?
surfing
biking
take care and good luck
 cutiepatudee
Msg: 31
Posted: 5/6/2013 2:35:51 PM
dear where are the pictures?
people are interested in you
and make yourslef look good
 monocryl
Msg: 32
Posted: 5/6/2013 3:37:04 PM
A rocket scientist. Hmmm. Not exactly brain surgery! That's why nobody's interested :-)

I feel like whatever improvement I make in my life the final result is still the same: the opposite sex doesn't find my qualities popular.

You sound like you try too hard to be popular and take lack of interest too personally. Chicks don't dig desperation. With your nerdy background and interests (tarantulas alone will filter out a good 75% of women) you will never be "popular" with the masses. Carve out your own niche and stop worrying. Are there women of your own education and work background you can meet at conferences/universities?
 GreenThumbz18
Msg: 33
Posted: 5/6/2013 4:36:30 PM
Classy - people are giving you some good advice here.
WHY AREN'T YOU DOING IT?
I think you would rather sulk than get busy and be responsible for your own success. I could turn you around in about 30 minutes, but then women would message you, and you would be completely terrified. Better to stay where you are.
 Green_Jello44
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 5/6/2013 4:48:02 PM
1. Get an orange jumpsuit
2. Wait for the spaceship
 Walts
Msg: 35
Posted: 5/6/2013 4:48:18 PM
The boy doesn't listen very well, cause that silly gun shiat is still up. Maybe we should have him read a newspaper or two from the last couple of months. Holy phuck. Sometimes I do wonder but, not for long.
 LoneScottishBoy
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Posted: 5/7/2013 5:13:53 AM

The boy doesn't listen very well, cause that silly gun shiat is still up.

Seriously OP, there have been enough shootings and violence in the past few months to warrant caution to even card carrying NRA people...and you have it displayed on your profile. Mind you, this is not a hunting or sport rifle. This is a weapon designed to kill human beings...and you have the audacity to say that nobody wants to contact you.

Get one of your friends and get a few more varied and less scary pictures and repost.
Seriously, you have no idea what a red flag that gun is.
 BronxTale
Msg: 37
Posted: 5/7/2013 5:52:04 PM
I think he's trying to go for: "oh look at me I'm a bad ass with a gun" look. Thinking that ladies like all the "bad boys" Lmao! Trying to be cool. When it is far from.
 hotmerlot
Msg: 38
Posted: 5/7/2013 8:14:15 PM
You are cultured, intellectual and sweet. I know that you keep hearing that the right girl will come around and I know that you are tired of hearing that. But she will.

You will have to wait to find the kind of woman that matches you. This weeds out the princesses, welfare mom's and tarts. You have a smaller pool of matches out there but it is a higher quality of matches.

Right now it seems like all the other guys have girlfriends. But in ten years these folks will be envying your life.

But yeah, lose the gun.
 Bearfish13
Msg: 39
Posted: 5/8/2013 9:36:08 AM
I would agree with one of the posts that said get a profile review

and your giving up too quickly, you gottta keep going..
 mrsforums
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Posted: 5/9/2013 12:01:58 PM
I had a peek at your profile, and the "following of the principles of Zarathushtra" struck a chord.

I recently watched a very interesting documentary about Zoroastrianism and came to understand that there are very tight communities around the world with this belief system.

Is it possible that you would have greater success in meeting someone within the community that shares and understands your beliefs?

MrsF
Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > Soo I feel like I want to cry but somehow I cant even get my eyes to respond