Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > What I've noticed first coming onto this sight      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Deadliest_Snatch
Msg: 20
What I've noticed first coming onto this sightPage 2 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
Maybe you can sue the college you attended for a return of your tuition fees.
 wolftxusa66
Msg: 21
What I've noticed first coming onto this sight
Posted: 4/12/2013 6:44:10 AM
Here's a donation for your soup.
(throws tomato)
SPLAT!!!

I was anxious to do that.
 m8t
Msg: 22
Posted: 4/12/2013 6:58:12 AM
"No soup for you", lol... Im with Procol, and Wolfie on this one.
 MS.ICENI
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 4/12/2013 7:02:13 AM
Just who are you to us what's what. If I wanted your advice I would ask for it, which I won't. Your spelling is atrocious, it fact, it was the first thing I noticed. Says much about our current school systems. "the elves made me do it"...how dumb!
 Belluvthebawl
Msg: 24
Posted: 4/12/2013 7:12:49 AM
There IS spell check on POF!!! Yikes!!
 MS.ICENI
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 4/12/2013 7:14:08 AM
Where's the spell check...haven't seen it in a long time.
 ZombiezRock
Msg: 26
Posted: 4/12/2013 7:19:33 AM
Just ... hahahahahaha... hahahahahahahaha...... all I can think when I read this is.....why??????
 AquanGold
Msg: 27
Posted: 4/12/2013 7:25:26 AM

Men: the whole mocho-Hey-bady stuff isn't liked because one, it's crude.

Actually, its Macho or better yet, i think you were looking for the word machismo!
I take it you haven`t really dated much and might be covering up the truth. I believe you`re a virgin....
 dishearteneddave
Msg: 28
Posted: 4/12/2013 8:28:58 AM

(OP) EVERYBODY HEAR IS ANXOUS

Tell me about it! BTW, I had a damn good reason. I’m married and was seeking a lover.

people try to cover it up (with real or imaginary things of affirmation) with smiling pictures, confident emoticons, sarcasm, bikini shots, shirtless pics, saying self-affirmaitions of being outgoing, saying how cool there life is, what they have accomplished, and you know what?

No pictures of me. No self-affirmations. As for bikini shots that might be appropriate under the “wanted” column.

Everybody, those who are on this sight, those who aren't members, those in other countries, everybody. the problem is is that everybody is too prideful to admit this (I still have difficulties) and too afraid of having there sense of self worth come into question by risking getting to know somebody.

In my case self-preservation came into question realizing the risk someone may know/recognize me!

Men: the whole mocho-Hey-bady stuff isn't liked because one, it's crude; two, it's so scripted.

Excellent advice! The “my wife doesn’t love me anymore and I’m so lonely” approach works much better.

Women: from what I observed, women are reluctant to initiate something because then it would supposedly mean that your not pretty/sexy/beautiful enough for mean to come up and just ask you, therefore indicating that your the one who is more desperate.

Can’t agree there. I’ve had three ladies approach me here and another two from an AD I placed elsewhere. As for who was desperate I think my AD made that quite clear. :(

To both: when meeting somebody you like, making them feel comfortable around you should be the top priority.

I fully agree. Considering ones partner is vital! Nothing worse than one taking the lead and just assuming the other is fine with the decision. Driving the gal home after our first meeting she said she could tell I was a gentleman because the first thing I said to her upon entering the motel room was, “Which one do you prefer; the floor, the couch or the bed?”
 zelig77
Msg: 29
Posted: 4/12/2013 9:36:28 AM

Exactly what is mocho-Hey-bady anyway?

I think "mocho-Hey-bady" would make a good band name, eh?
 LoneScottishBoy
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 4/24/2013 6:30:49 AM
Awwwwwww...its so cute when a 24 year old who lists video games as a hobby gives me advice...just like when a kid drinks from a sippy cup for the first time.
Its a big deal to them...but its nothing we havent seen or done before.
 ImReadyForUnow
Msg: 31
Posted: 4/24/2013 7:04:18 AM
Dear OP.

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt."

— ABRAHAM LINCOLN.
 H0wAboutIt
Msg: 32
Posted: 4/24/2013 7:22:44 AM
WTF are you talking about? This makes no sense whatsoever. First messages don't need flavor. Guys who are overeager actually spend time crafting some corny @$$ messages with flattery and pitiful jokes. It's usually a turn off.

Secondly, Women are only reluctant to meet up if they have baggage or aren't interested. Usually it's the latter.

Thirdly, Do you ACTUALLY READ the posts on the forum or take a look at other folks profiles. Most guys are NOT macho. This includes online and off. That's a small segment of the male population. The biggest issue for most men is a lack of confidence. Get a clue.

It's pretty clear you don't know what you're doing. Get some experience and then try to preach
 ryuoki
Msg: 33
Posted: 4/24/2013 7:49:06 AM
Enough on his spelling. It is atrocious but it is likely English is not his first language. Now on to the audacity that he pegged most of us, well you are right, he did not. My advice is to use a browser with a built in spell checker and watch for the "indicator" of misspelled words. Open an alternate tab and google the word to find out the correct spelling. As for there, their, they're.... that comes back to paying attention to grammar. I am not an author, editor, or publicist so my grammar is probably the worst there is, but I proof read majority of the time before I post.

I can only speak for myself when I say I am confident to the point of over confidence. I am a strong guy and a great catch, but I have a problem with making words work to my advantage.

Guys who are overeager actually spend time crafting some corny @$$ messages with flattery and pitiful jokes. It's usually a turn off.

Likely my problem ^^^ . Not necessarily over eager but definitely I try some corny @$$ jokes and pitiful flattery. Ok no real flattery, but I do point out something(s) we might have in common to strike up a conversation. Otherwise anything else said is no good to the point of the Atacama desert and I still will not get a reply. So I haven't bothered at all.

Now I do chat with even those I do not find all that attractive as long as they are willing to converse. I like having friends or at least acquaintances.
 Quasimodo11543
Msg: 34
Posted: 4/24/2013 8:42:32 PM

There IS spell check on POF!!! Yikes!!

highlight text to be spell checked, right click and select spell check option.

The spelling errors were obvious auto correct errors, so much for SMART phones.
 spiffykatt
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Posted: 4/24/2013 10:39:14 PM
op-the elves made you post this thread?please tell me they were of the keebler variety..if cookies were involved in the persuasion process,i would have an easier time wrapping my head around your faux pas lol:)
 annywn
Msg: 36
Posted: 4/24/2013 11:58:45 PM
While I appreciate being schooled by the youngins, I never made the correlation that smiling indicated a fear based responce. I would have given more creedence to your position OP, however, Flashdace being your favorite movie pretty much torpedoed any credibility and brings your judgement in to question. Now I am going to have that irritating song in my head all day.."she's a maniac , Maniac, out on the floor".....I call party foul.
 Luthion
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Posted: 4/25/2013 4:00:04 AM
I've always been perfectly content to put myself out there as I am, flaws and all. It's not very common around here though.

A lot of people, here in Ireland anyway, seem to be very guarded about who they are, and the profiles of people in this country are mostly a giant minefield of generic, cutter cookie, indentikit messages and pictures. So finding someone with similar personal interests can often seem like a chore. Half the time you're lucky if they can spell...

Ell ooh ell @ everyone's defensiveness.
 auntyemm
Msg: 38
Posted: 4/25/2013 6:34:48 AM
Are they Santa,s elves or are they the kebler elves.If they are Santa,s i can understand them being on here.Or is it hear.?
 nubeginnings64
Msg: 39
Posted: 4/25/2013 7:08:19 AM
What I've noticed about this site lately are kids, barely past puberty, with so many socially dysfunctional issues it's a wonder they reached 20 without having a nervous breakdown.
 femaleconnection
Msg: 40
Posted: 4/25/2013 7:37:43 AM
OP, it is always best to just speak for your own self.

I am the least nervous or anxious person anyone can meet. I have been accused in fact of not caring enough about things because I am 'too laid back'....So...yeah, you dont speak for other members on pof. If Im smiling, it is because I feel like smiling. No underlying issues. Not everyone suffers from the same disorders yaknow.
 daynadaze
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Posted: 4/25/2013 11:32:51 AM
Could you re-post this without the grammar and spelling errors? I don't don't if I'm suppose to be anxous or anxious. I'm not sure if I'm hearing things incorrectly, or if I'm here and am I on a site or am I seeing things?

No, not everyone here is here for the same reasons as you and not everyone is feeling the same things as you while being here. Stop generalizing.
 Proteaus
Msg: 42
Posted: 4/25/2013 2:23:49 PM
Figures , all the piranha didn't leave any thing left .
 Cyclingforfun
Msg: 43
Posted: 4/25/2013 2:48:37 PM
Damm....I wanted me some of that too.
 CaptainTeebs
Msg: 44
Posted: 4/28/2013 9:47:12 PM

Exactly what is mocho-Hey-bady anyway?

I love those Starbucks drinks, but I cringe every time I order one. I ordered one with a lisp once, but nobody thought it was funny.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > What I've noticed first coming onto this sight