Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > this ladies, is how good guys become jerks      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 dahlingdarling
Msg: 51
view profile
History
this ladies, is how good guys become jerksPage 3 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)

IT is mutual^^^I am also sorry your mind cannot comprehend there are two sides of the coin..There are women out there that will whine there are no good guys out there,But yet refuse to date one..Not only that. They are scare to death that a guy that has his crap together,But meanwhile back at the ranch when the first drama king (drunk,drug addict,convict,bum,arrogant)comes along she worship the ground he walks on..I am sorry you do not know that there are women that are like that..IF YOUR MIND CANNOT COMPREHEND THAT..Then that is your problem..NOT MINE!!!!!

It's not mutual. You're not presenting two sides of a coin you're only showing one side- gals whining about nice guys but not dating them. He comprehended there are such gals and that there are gals that aren't like that. You don't seem to comprehend the latter so seems you're the one with the problem not him.
 last_chance_2012
Msg: 52
this ladies, is how good guys become jerks
Posted: 4/19/2013 11:22:47 PM

There are women out there that will whine there are no good guys out there,But yet refuse to date one.
 mrnova66
Msg: 53
Posted: 4/20/2013 4:46:06 AM
@Dahlingdarling..There are two sides od the coin...There are women that do not like good guys and women that like drama kings..You don'T seem to comprehend the latter so seems you're the one that cannot comprehend..Not me...So it is mutual..Or are you a troll?Meanwhile back at the ranch..OP...Do not change just because the majority of women do not want good guys. They usually end up with NOT TOO NICE GUYS.Do you really want to have a relationship with a woman that has been with every two time loser in town? You are the better person.One day a stable woman will want a stable guy..So hang in there
 dahlingdarling
Msg: 54
view profile
History
Posted: 4/20/2013 8:52:02 AM
@mrnova66
There are two sides however you are only stating and focusing on one side- gals that like the negative. Show me how I do not cannot comprehend the later when I just stated there are gals that like drama kings.

You're the one that seems incapable of comprehending since you only talk about one side of the coin going so far as to claim it applies to the majority of gals.
 dahlingdarling
Msg: 55
view profile
History
Posted: 4/20/2013 9:11:12 AM
@nice-but-dim
Egh you're probably right

@mrnova66
Don't bother responding unless you just like 'hearing yourself talk'..hmm quite possible you do.
 mrnova66
Msg: 56
Posted: 4/20/2013 9:42:59 AM
It is mutual^^^^^OH!!!Last time i check anybody can repsond to any thread on this board to a OP...Who died and left you in charge?..I stated my opinion on the subject to the OP..And you and the troll above you could not handle my post..Well tough...Meanwhile back at the ranch.Op i have stated to you to not change.There will be a good woman someday that will come in your path in life.I am sorry to hear the woman that you were dating use you.The next woman you come in contact with be careful that she has not been with every two time loser in town,But meanwhile she wants a good guy.If you come accross this. RUN !!!And very fast.That is nothing but trouble waiting to happen
 dahlingdarling
Msg: 57
view profile
History
Posted: 4/20/2013 2:48:19 PM
@mrnova66
It's not mutual as you're only showing one side- the negative. WTF are you on? I didn't say I was in charge of the board in fact show me where I stated that you can't respond to the thread? You're showing more of your irrationality.

It seems you're the one that cannot handle a post- calling a person a troll because they disagreed with you and getting emotional.
 msright78
Msg: 58
Posted: 4/20/2013 6:11:59 PM
Same goes with men.
 ManOfAdventure28
Msg: 59
view profile
History
Posted: 4/21/2013 5:29:53 AM
OP....you were only ever a "good guy" when you thought that it would get you what you wanted. Now you're showing your true colours and whining like the little man-boy that I always knew you were.

You got "used" because you allowed yourself to be "used". Hanging around her like a love sick puppy just waiting for her to give you the go ahead to hump her leg. You were happy to be photographed with her arm around you because it's the closest thing to getting laid that you've ever experienced. You know.....except when that fat guy fell into you on the train journey to work.

I have no pity for you.
 JoeBnD
Msg: 60
Posted: 4/21/2013 7:51:46 AM

She just broke up with her boyfriend who was a total jerk(sat around watching sports on valentines day) so I thought if I was around and she was ready, we'd end up together.

This makes you sound more like a sexual predator, much like the man who my ex-wife cheated with. You were taking advantage of a situation which makes you a user as well.
 ManOfAdventure28
Msg: 61
view profile
History
Posted: 4/21/2013 8:25:16 AM

This makes you sound more like a sexual predator, much like the man who my ex-wife cheated with. You were taking advantage of a situation which makes you a user as well.

How could you even think that? He said he was a good guy....so clearly that's what he was....just like Lex Luther had a secret crush on Superman and Hitler was just misunderstood.
 JoeBnD
Msg: 62
Posted: 4/21/2013 8:47:40 AM

How could you even think that? He said he was a good guy....so clearly that's what he was

You will note, however, that I never labelled him a "nice guy", but instead called him what he actually is - a user. That way actual nice guys don't get offended. It is too bad that the rest of the forums can't follow suit.
 ManOfAdventure28
Msg: 63
view profile
History
Posted: 4/21/2013 10:21:16 AM

You will note, however, that I never labelled him a "nice guy", but instead called him what he actually is - a user. That way actual nice guys don't get offended. It is too bad that the rest of the forums can't follow suit.

Too bad that you didn't read my earlier reply in this forum.

Now, would you like your sarcasm detector fitted in pink, blue or yellow?
 Madailein
Msg: 64
Posted: 4/21/2013 9:40:11 PM
OP, from what you wrote I do not see a good man.
I see a user, a vindictive petty kid; not a good man at all

So now I'm done being the nice guy. Another good man turned into a jerk. This is why you don't lead men on ladies.

Yeah, right. If you’d gotten into her panties you would now be a noble and good man.

It does not work like that.
Good man are despite misfallings.
 aremeself
Msg: 65
view profile
History
Posted: 4/22/2013 12:01:06 AM
lots of martyrs out there, reminds me of a thread on the science forum about altruism.
I think it doesn't exist, unless intrinsic rewards don't count as benefits.

anyway, hang around with more settled down people, I guess.
do some more growing up, eh?
 Sweet_Danimal
Msg: 66
Posted: 4/22/2013 7:39:14 AM
For the record - is this OP dude having a Stage 2 Hissyfit, or is it Stage 3?
 mrnova66
Msg: 67
Posted: 4/22/2013 9:27:22 AM
To answer your question^^^^^I do not know him. So i really could not answer that.Maybe you can ask somebody that know him personally.Then maybe they could tell you.If I were you i would not ask nobody that does not know him personally.The reason is because..WELL!!They do not know him!!!!I suggest that maybe ask one of his friends or ask the girl that he was refering to in this thread.Then maybe you can have more insight
 WHITEROSEFOREVER
Msg: 68
Posted: 4/22/2013 7:50:30 PM
i had to view your profile so i could see your age.. i am sorry you were hurt but this has nothing to do with you being a good guy...this is just an updated version of a crush on a girl way out of your league..you hung around, she let you..why not? you were nice to her and agreed with her about her jerk boyfriend on valentines day...boosted her ego a little. she was never going to date you, much less have sex with you..
 Confident-Realist
Msg: 69
Posted: 4/23/2013 10:27:05 AM
Yes, that is a common avenue taken from going to good guy->jerk. When a girl uses you for attention/validation while leading you on that there are potential options with you... especially when right in your face, she jumps on another guy.

Essentially, Mr Nice Guys believe that (virtually all) attractive outgoing women want a Nice Guy, men are jerks -- so it should be a piece of cake, right? The world doesn't work that way. Women will stomp all over a guy as much as guys will stomp all over girls. It's MUCH less of a Mars/Venus situation that aunt Mildred would have you believe.

This doesn't mean being an a-hole. Don't take it out on other girls. You'd just be in the same boat as that girl, who doesn't always get what she wants, and instead gets a little Sex & The City Girl Power Trip by using a guy. Not cool.

Just realize a few things:
(a) Read girls' actual interest. Set aside your emotions -- don't let hope take over. It burned you there.
(b) Don't chase to hang out with girls who aren't that interested in you
(c) Attractive, outgoing women rarely like a guy-friend who's infatuated about them, unless he's out of their league or she had a crush on him before, etc. Any "hints" that she MAY have a little interest -- is trying to see patterns in clouds, man. :)
(d) Don't get infatuated about a female friend or acquaintance. Keep that to yourself. Again, don't chase if their interest isn't there. If they're not interested and you still chase them, then it's You and Only You to blame.
 not_single_x
Msg: 70
Posted: 4/24/2013 1:03:59 PM
You had a crush on a girl who had a boyfriend.

How did you think that was going to work out for you?
 ManOfAdventure28
Msg: 71
view profile
History
Posted: 4/24/2013 3:32:24 PM
^^^^^ Duh. Clearly she would find her bf screwing her best mate and run to him for comfort. He would tell her his true feelings. She would reject him. But then she would realise that she misses him, that secretly she's always loved him and they'd get together.
 Jerilyn
Msg: 72
this ladies, is how gonod guys become jerks
Posted: 4/24/2013 9:36:08 PM
Why don't you yell at yourself for having poor judgement...

You turn into a jerk over this and you're the only one who'll have to live with him...

You're not getting back at anyone by being a jerk, you'll only end up shooting yourself in the foot... and no one else is going to care. Keep that in mind.
 that_ol_lady
Msg: 73
Posted: 4/25/2013 7:18:03 PM

dahlingdarling

Egh in my opinion good guys don't become jerks rather they become who they truly were as I find most self-proclaimed good guys turned jerks were just looking for an excuse to justify the behavior they've envied, idolized, or wanted to display.

^^^TRUTH^^^
 mrnova66
Msg: 74
Posted: 4/26/2013 10:37:47 AM
OP..My advise to you is to be careful out there. There are alot of women out there that are with loser drama kings(drunks,drug addicts,abusers,jailbirds,convicts)..These women are looking for a good guy to build her ego..Mr.Exciting is not doing it for them so these women are going to use a good guy.My advise to you to stay well clear of these types of women..REMEMBER!!!Opposites do not attract.There are reasons why these types of women have relationships with trash.What does that say about them.Bottom line these women love MR.Exciting and deserve everything they get from this winner!!!!!!!!!!!
 Debyduz_
Msg: 75
Posted: 4/26/2013 4:31:53 PM
You picked a stupid loser. She is what she is and that will never change. Try a better class.
Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > this ladies, is how good guys become jerks