Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 GhostJaguar
Msg: 63
Learned my lesson dating a single parent Page 4 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
Best advice I ever read:

"Treat single mothers like Chernobyl; deadly to enter, and radioactive for miles around."

Also saw a great T-shirt: Not my sperm, not my problem.
 FlyyinSolo87
Msg: 65
Learned my lesson dating a single parent
Posted: 5/22/2013 6:23:01 AM

Best advice I ever read:

"Treat single mothers like Chernobyl; deadly to enter, and radioactive for miles around."

Also saw a great T-shirt: Not my sperm, not my problem.

Technically, she's not a single mother. She's still married, and with as much info as the OP gave, for all we know, they could still be living together. Which again would negate her single mother status. I don't know for sure that they do, but I will bet money that they still live together considering how flighty she's portrayed to be.
 FlyyinSolo87
Msg: 66
Posted: 5/28/2013 5:48:49 AM
^^^^^^ who was this directed at? I'm just wondering.
 buterfly1978
Msg: 67
Posted: 5/28/2013 8:15:09 PM
Not all single moms are like that. You are also correct, when a person is truly interested they will find time for that someone special. Don't let a few bad apples spoil the whole bunch.
 Kigstar
Msg: 68
view profile
History
Posted: 6/5/2013 10:47:15 AM
never ever date single parents if you dont have kids of your own! The Chernobyl advice is spot on, stay away for at least 20,000 years
 spilling_fire
Msg: 69
Posted: 6/17/2013 1:53:29 PM

I don't neg on people; I correct the sloppy misusage of grammar. I feel like the solitary bastion of civil discourse, contending against the unwashed barbarian hordes who are trying to slaughter the English language... well, not on *MY* watch!

I thought I stood alone in my mission. Alas, I have a comrade!
 sparklingdiana
Msg: 70
Posted: 6/25/2013 9:24:21 AM
RUN FOREST RUN!!!
 SwtCake
Msg: 71
Posted: 6/28/2013 1:11:47 PM
Not all single parents are the same! Why I would even need to say that is like, really?!
 barnabyjames1
Msg: 72
Posted: 6/28/2013 11:12:35 PM
^^^ So its not really, its "like" really? We're confused, please explain? Is it or is it not really?
 Madailein
Msg: 73
Posted: 6/29/2013 2:15:29 PM
1960’s president Lyndon Johnson created the “Great Society”. This Federal program guaranteed that every degenerate or pregnant woman who refused to work for a living would be afforded adequate maintenance, inclusive of housing, food, medical care and expendable income by the working class.

Martin L. King advocated, at that time, that Negros have as many children as possible;
“By sheer numbers we shall overcome”, King stated. Perhaps why his records were ordered sealed for 75 years.

Most persons are not against “Unwed” parents.
Taxpayers are against unwed, or even wed, parents that demand support for themselves and the children they choose to bring into the world while totally capable of earning a living.

Since when is pregnancy a disabling disease?

Why, if you decide, to have a child did you not also plan to provide for it?

Why, if you have accepted welfare and then gone on to deem yourself as successful and not needy of welfare have you not reimbursed, every cent you were provided (including housing subsidies, food stamps, Aid to dependant children and more) to the American taxpayers who supported you on your ride to success? Had you secured a student loan you would have had to pay it back; so why not your welfare ride?

It is now a well known fact that welfare is an entitlement deemed generational by certain members of society.

President Obama has demonstrated that he is supportive of benefits to those unworthy of help while curtailing necessary benefits to those who desperately need help; i.e. wounded vets, seniors.

OP, why would you be drawn into a false situation?
Are you that desparate for attention? Walk into the party with what expectations?
 Madailein
Msg: 74
Posted: 6/29/2013 5:31:57 PM
Obviously you lack comprehension as to my assertions. Or do you?
Seems that you should know better.

You do not make sense in response to my statements.

Persons who reimburse, to quote you, “A fire truck” contributed to their debts whereas the welfare freeloaders did not.

Thank you for helping me illustrate my position.
 moonbeamlover
Msg: 75
Posted: 6/30/2013 12:12:10 PM
^^(&I'm curious who's running from what too...)

There is a huge difference between a single parent, and a single parent newly broken up and on the rebound while reeling.

The one has different components of their life that make some things a little less flexible; but they also have more understanding for other people in the same condition; and they still do make time if they find value in it.

The other oftentimes think they're ready, they think they kno what they want, but they actually don't; and while they don't "intend" to hurt anyone while they try and get a little bit of self worth back or not be alone; they are thinking about their own hurts; their own transitions, their own kids; and they frequently do end up getting in too deep and then changing their mind (this is definitely not just women; this is anyone with kids or with no kids; going through a separation or divorce. You are there to make them feel better; they don't oftentimes have much to give back to you. Especially those with vulnerable kids; the kids take their emotional energy.

So while single parents are not someone that can be lumped in one category as there are a ton of different types of parenting (shared, co, sole custody, etc.) with different styles of dating and parenting and merging; there is a lot more commonality with people who are very beginning stages of separation or divorce. It is incredibly difficult to navigate a successful relationship while emotionally reeling and transitioning into a completely different part of life; without any of the fallout from the former getting dragged into the current. There is a reason there is such a high rate of fail for the rebound relationship. Some ork; most unfortunately don't.

Glad though you're not lumping all single parents together and are learning as you go; there are some incredible people ith kids. There are some great ones without. You'll find someone who clicks.

Good luck
Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  >