Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > P2P.. Really?!!? Not that desperate      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Hearton64
Msg: 26
P2P.. Really?!!? Not that desperatePage 2 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)

I wish I had known upfront. She didn't hold up her end of the bargain, and the divorce made the price tag even higher... Other than that, no.

I should have added that Marriage is the epitomy of this issue and both parties share the onus.
 SimpleCltMan
Msg: 27
P2P.. Really?!!? Not that desperate
Posted: 4/16/2013 6:33:32 AM

So you take issue with her honesty? She has placed a dollar value on her p*ssy/time and she's not anything but upfront about that.You do realize that most women expect something in return for having sex with them be it
a commitment,marriage,money etc! Not sure why you find this so shocking.She just turned the tables on you.

I find this shocking because that is not want I wanted. I was looking for a relationship. If I had wanted an "intimate encounter", I would have put it in the header of my profile. I REALLY do want a real relationship that leads to marriage. Not just a hookup. I am not a 20 year old hornball like some guys here. So just as some women get offended when a guy offers sex as quick hook up, I was kind of offended to think I need to PAY for it.

I find if odd that when a woman is upfront about what she expects,it's unacceptable
but when a man dates a woman and spends money in the hopes of getting laid,
it's all good.

She wasn't interested in me, she was interested in money. At least on a date, you have to get to know someone go out to dinner a few times and maybe you get some one day. This was just "hey you can get it for a price." I don't want to know you or even be around you just hook up. NOPE! I would rather be alone.

Dating is a form of prostitution and we ALL pay to play in one way or another,most just aren't able to face the truth.
And don't tell me that if you take a woman out multiple times,and pay for it,you aren't going to expect sex at some point.Or if you supported a woman financially,you would be fine not getting any sex from her.

If I take a woman out multiple times, I am interested in HER! All of her. I don't expect her to just have sex with cause I have paid the amount needed for her to "give it up". So YES, I am telling you that. I would hope that she would want to be with me because of me, not money. Maybe that is the old romantic in me, but I can dream of a true woman that wanted to be with me for me. Also, if I was supporting a woman financially, I would be married to her and there would be more than just sex. There would be a family unit where we would have money, love, friendship, and of course sex. Not just a hookup.
Posted: 4/16/2013 6:44:25 AM
^ I like this guy. +1 dude.
 Hearton64
Msg: 29
Posted: 4/16/2013 6:49:48 AM

There would be a family unit where we would have money, love, friendship, and of course sex. Not just a hookup.

Wow! You guys actually exist out there?

The fact is,there are ALOT of men on dating sites that are only looking for hook-up's so the fact that her mentality
offended your sensibilities is as shocking as her P2P mentality.

Hang in there,there are ALOT of women looking for men like you out there.
 SimpleCltMan
Msg: 30
Posted: 4/16/2013 9:31:49 AM

Wow! You guys actually exist out there?

The fact is,there are ALOT of men on dating sites that are only looking for hook-up's so the fact that her mentality
offended your sensibilities is as shocking as her P2P mentality.

Hang in there,there are ALOT of women looking for men like you out there.

There are guys out here that want more than just sex. I am not special in that aspect. I just realize that having someone there with you in life is more important than sex. I could have paid to have sex with that woman, but it would have been empty, alone, and against my moral code. Just thinking about it is just sad. I would rather wait for someone I CARE about because it just means so much more to be with them.
 Confident-Realist
Msg: 31
Posted: 4/16/2013 11:24:01 AM
At least on a date, you have to get to know someone go out to dinner a few times and maybe you get some one day.

Well, think about a 'john' taking up a P2P gal's offer.... how much different is it than a guy wanting/willing to take a gal out who just wants attention, buy her an expensive dinner and drinks, to get laid?

I would ask the P2P gal how much (out of curiosity). Say she says $40. Is it really that different than a guy chasing a gal who he likes only because she's real cute, both don't want commitment, he spends $40 on her for the date, then sleeping with and bolting? After all, in the mindset of such a (bad) guy, with the P2P gal, you wouldn't be paying to have sex, you'd be paying her to cut to the chase, and to just leave afterward. ;)

For such a guy, and others not as bad as that, more double that amount may be worth it comparatively -- but I think the "thrill of the hunt" is why an outright P2P or hooker isn't a desired option.
 LoneScottishBoy
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 4/16/2013 11:27:51 AM
I had this happen a while ago...
When she asked about P2P, I thought she had mispelled PSP or some playstaion thing.
I messaged her back and told her I had an XBox 360.

She didnt message me back.

True Story
Posted: 4/16/2013 11:30:17 AM
^ haha! twas funny.
 Hearton64
Msg: 34
Posted: 4/16/2013 11:40:36 AM

There are guys out here that want more than just sex. I am not special in that aspect. I just realize that having someone there with you in life is more important than sex. I could have paid to have sex with that woman, but it would have been empty, alone, and against my moral code. Just thinking about it is just sad. I would rather wait for someone I CARE about because it just means so much more to be with them.

I do believe my original point was that you 'pay cash' to be with someone,for whatever reason it is,one way or another.Dating someone (with or without sex as a goal)isn't free either and paying to at least get to know someone doesn't make a man desperate at all.It makes him part of the "game" to finding love and why some men feel entitled to sex by the third date or they are movin' on and women at times feel obligated to have sex sooner than they might otherwise.

Money and sex have always gone hand in hand in one way or another.
Houses,cars,kids,etc....aren't free!
And if a man is paying for all of that for a woman,he sure as hell should be entitled to sex without hassle or headtrip!

And believe it or not,wanting sex alone is not seen as lacking a 'moral code' to alot of men AND women.
Some people can easily choose to separate love and sex without qualms.

There are guys out here that want more than just sex. I am not special in that aspect.

If you say so.
 Whisky_River
Msg: 35
Posted: 4/16/2013 11:53:37 AM

SHIELD MAIDEN WANTED
"Women that use their vaginas as weapons to get what they want would no longer be able to use a man's penis to hold him hostage by denying him sex. Instead of dealing with all the headgames, drama, and other bullshit the man would just play to pay and walk away."

BitterBro#48...they just keep coming!

You are SUCH a charming man I cannot imagine why you haven't been snapped up

+2..
OP...

I find this shocking because that is not want I wanted. I was looking for a relationship.

Lol...she obviously..didn't read your profile and thinks...No man ever passes it up!
By reading these forums...You are a rarity!

Well....guys, just finding out that there are also men(on here) offering us ladies the same thing...may just open your eyes some... it did mine.
So before you all women bashers line up to... admonish "us" that we as a whole had better put up or shut up...(coming from another charming fellow)....hahaha!
But alas....I feel like the OP...
 BabblingBrookes
Msg: 36
Posted: 4/16/2013 12:13:43 PM
I get why it happens. I mean, if you assume there are guys that want sex...and girls that want money...then a business transaction makes sense. I doubt you seem like a guy that's desperate or anything. She likely thought your being male would be enough for you to be interested. She chatted with you to sweeten the deal and increase her chances for success. At least she told you before you met her. That would have been an awkward coffee date. :(

I've thankfully never encountered "P2P" on POF. I did have a guy "friend" offer me $3K for a blowjob before. We'd been friends for years, and I found out in a very cruel fashion that he'd never been my friend to begin with. I imagined kneeing him in the groin, grabbing his hair and smashing his head into the ground repeatedly. In reality, I gasped in shock then slunk away to cry. I'm always a badass in my fantasies. *lol*
 Vesta_ceres
Msg: 37
Posted: 4/16/2013 12:18:43 PM

At least on a date, you have to get to know someone go out to dinner a few times and maybe you get some one day.

And even then, you're still not entitled to a piece of ass lest you have her ongoing consent. The price of dinner is the price of dinner - that's it.
 wolftxusa66
Msg: 38
Posted: 4/16/2013 12:41:11 PM

I did have a guy "friend" offer me $3K for a blowjob before.

Say it ain't so. A male friend who wants to have sex? I thought that was impossible. lol
 kj521
Msg: 39
Posted: 4/16/2013 12:58:13 PM
Lonescottishboy:

I am dying laughing! The same thing happened to me.....I replied that I wasn't into video games!

But now it is driving me crazy trying to remember the exact mess. because now I am not sure if he wanted to pay me or me pay him? o.O
 BabblingBrookes
Msg: 40
Posted: 4/16/2013 12:59:17 PM
I think he figured everyone has a price and he threw out a price he thought I wouldn't say no to. $3K for my dignity wasn't a big deal for him. There are plenty of guys with money in San Jose. ****wad. Not you, him. Total****wad. I never gave him the perception I was for sale. I paid my way for everything when we hung out. Never asked him for a dime to "help" me out. He got drunk while we were hanging out and promptly revealed what he thought of me. I was 22 while he was 35 or so. I didn't realize at that time that many guys don't WANT to JUST be friends. Talk about a hard lesson. :\
 sigungq
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Posted: 4/16/2013 5:09:20 PM
^^^^^You just needed a lesson in the rules. Here's a quick review: ^^^^^

Rule number 1: No such thing as "just friends" between a man and a woman where at least one is sexually attracted to the other.

Rule number 2: First learn rule number 1.
 Paddy_o_Lantern
Msg: 42
Posted: 4/16/2013 5:19:49 PM

No such thing as "just friends" between a man and a woman where at least one is sexually attracted to the other

Over the years I have know a few women who are physically active and have a variety of male friends they do activities with who convieniently ignore this with the idea that they can manage the situation - The movie when Harry Met Sally had an interesting take on whether or not men and women can be just friends.
 ouija2013
Msg: 43
Posted: 4/16/2013 5:37:23 PM
I'm stuck on the 3K. And calling it. Please . Jenna doesn't get 3k
 BabblingBrookes
Msg: 44
Posted: 4/16/2013 6:13:19 PM
Well, for one he was drunk and I said no, so there's no telling if that amount would have held. And secondly, I doubt the amount had anything to do with me as a person, so much as what his disposable income was and what he felt would get the job done. I didn't stick around to figure out the machinations of why he was doing what he was doing.
 Terramay
Msg: 45
Posted: 4/16/2013 6:14:33 PM
I once met an amazing man, great fun job world traveler.

One day out of curiosity I asked all the men in my phone book if they'd ever sought out a prostitute.

He was the only one who replied. In some countries its the norm, not as taboo as it is here. I dunno, I appreciated his response and maybe if anyone else had told me the same I would've been skeeved out.

But this guy was gorgeous, fantastic job, good person all around guy.

So really, its not so much as a "Desperate" thing like you're thinking.

If you believe it or if you don't, its still the truth.

Men still pay for "it", regardless.
 TuMuchFun
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Posted: 4/16/2013 8:00:44 PM
^^^
Not desperate for sure, Just ask
Huge Grant
Charlie Scheen
James Worthy
 ouija2013
Msg: 47
Posted: 4/16/2013 8:13:07 PM
I had to google James. Well not all men can afford a maid ala Arnie. :)
I'm waiting for P3P
 forums1
Msg: 48
Posted: 4/17/2013 5:12:49 AM
And here being a IT/computer geek, I thought "P2P" meant "peer-to-peer", like eDonkey or Torrent filesharing.

Or maybe "person-to-person", like a phone call.
Sigh, this younger generation, I dunno what to think anymore...
 TuMuchFun
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Posted: 4/17/2013 7:49:01 AM
Well there are 2 body parts (one is actually slang) that start with "P" that could fit in the acronym.
 SimpleCltMan
Msg: 50
Posted: 4/17/2013 8:10:07 AM

Well there are 2 body parts (one is actually slang) that start with "P" that could fit in the acronym.

Don't post that stuff while I am drinking... I now have coffee on my keyboard. Ha. Good one.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > P2P.. Really?!!? Not that desperate