Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > I screwed up royally need advice...........      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Spifflog
Msg: 41
view profile
History
I screwed up royally need advice...........Page 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
Seriously between your profile and your post here, you seem like one slimy dude. I don't know any other way to put it. I'll tell you one more thing. You aren't nearly as smooth and debonair as you think you are. These lies you are telling? They are so obvious it's amazing, and yet you think you are getting away with them.

Would really tolerate a woman leaving a wedding to go help a friend with a car? Really? If it were me, I'd calmly let her go and never talk to her again. Actually, I think virtually everyone would do the same.

I know guys your age have some growing up to do, but you are still way behind the power curve. This woman is very lucky to be rid of you.
 wolftxusa66
Msg: 42
I screwed up royally need advice...........
Posted: 4/17/2013 7:14:25 AM
I find it strangely odd that OP's girlfriend enters the scene, and despite OP coming here only for the forums, he hasn't replied since. It's been over 12h, wouldn't a forumite check his own, recent thread? Especially if it was somewhat important to him?

Of course, an alter ego would explain that... It would also explain why she waits and sees when there's not much left to wait for and look at. Oh well, I'll grab the popcorn and watch the show. This now feels like the blooper reel after the trailer.
 LoneScottishBoy
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 4/17/2013 7:25:12 AM
I think the OP's GF dodged a pretty big bullet there....maybe even a missle...

Good luck Ihauntyourdreams
 charliesmom21
Msg: 44
Posted: 4/17/2013 7:52:13 AM
The fact you updated you photos and are still on at least one or more dating sites says a lot. The fact you wont take her to a family event because that would mean its serious? Your "girlfriend" has every right to doubt your sincerity.. actions speak louder than words and your actions scream you are still looking, your do not consider her your "girlfriend" and you place more value on your ow needs than hers. If I would her I would block your profile and go find someone who respects her and treats her like she is important.. you sir, have not. JMHO
 ihaunturdreams
Msg: 45
Posted: 4/17/2013 7:54:00 AM
Wow so much support I have never known a thread to be so incredibly one sided.
Since a lot of you are commenting on my wait and see comment that is being used as a place holder in this case. I believe that everyone deserves to know the end to their own story before the public at large so I am reserving my actually actions and words for him personally until it is resolved. However since he has dropped off the face of the planet for everyone including me I think the out come is obvious. I will however update you guys with the inevitable ending. I might need a dating red flag cheat sheet though before I get back out there lol.
 ManOfAdventure28
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Posted: 4/17/2013 7:54:06 AM
I think his gf has found this thread and has now buried him under the garden patio.....
 pretty_green_thumbs
Msg: 47
view profile
History
Posted: 4/17/2013 3:44:44 PM
So then fella if U R really sorry you will find 10,000 ways to prove and make it a fact.
U go now the Italian Gypsy , the one with the really great thumbs has spoken . . .off or do tenthousand good things.
Immediately !
 TuMuchFun
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Posted: 4/17/2013 4:58:01 PM
Man if he really thought he screwed up he would be in here eating a plate of crow the size of his car so his XGF would see it. Instead he slithered away...
 NOCLOWNING
Msg: 49
Posted: 4/17/2013 5:50:53 PM
ihaunturdreams. He is hiding something, After 6 months and you have not met any of his friends- family- co-workers.
Something just isnt right.
Move on, Wish you the best of luck. Leaving the wedding was wrong.
 ihaunturdreams
Msg: 50
Posted: 4/18/2013 11:40:46 AM
Ok all well he dropped off the face of the planet and changed his number so I sent him a very vicious break up text and will be mailing him the same text in letter form when I do a thing I do a thing right he will know what I think of him and what he is truly worth. I really am the last person he should have done this to because I have a huge family and a lot of very protective friends so I know without my helping he will get what is coming to him. regardless it is now over at least on my part so bring on the advice and whatnot lol I have moved on and am moving forward. If you all would like to know exact wording and what not let me know.
 cajuncooker
Msg: 51
Posted: 4/18/2013 6:19:17 PM
i told him how to apologize candlelight dinner, a letter ect I take it he has not even tried that yet?
 cajuncooker
Msg: 52
Posted: 4/18/2013 6:20:22 PM
I am not into drama but yes I would like to see the scathing text
 jlynn1955
Msg: 53
view profile
History
Posted: 4/18/2013 9:28:13 PM
Haunt your dreams: I dont know about you, but when a guy starts telling me after such a short period of time he loves me/wants to marry me etc., It's a red flag..A huge red flag. all the stories about not meeting his family? Red flag. Do you have your radar set too low? Cause I see many questionable things about him.
 marilynh77
Msg: 54
Posted: 4/18/2013 10:30:41 PM
lol You admitted you screwed up so there must be a reason, guilt?
5 months, almost 6 and you won't even bring her along to a family gathering for your birthday? Your birthday? Forget the other excuses you are making up, it's your birthday and you have a family celebration without her? Hello? If I was her, you've been gone!
A woman just don't make crazy accusation, she has gut feeling and 99% said the truth!
Go find someone else and just grow up! You must have already lost her for if you haven't, she's not that smart.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > I screwed up royally need advice...........