Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Is it not cool these days to go against the Grain???      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ForRumOnly
Msg: 58
view profile
History
Is it not cool these days to go against the Grain???Page 4 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
I go against the Grain alcohol in favor of the Grape alcohol. I'm such a rebel.
 Luthion
Msg: 59
view profile
History
Is it not cool these days to go against the Grain???
Posted: 4/20/2013 5:43:49 AM
Situation: I get accused of "going against the grain""constantly, like I'm intentionally being contrary or having a different solely in order to stand out. Yet, when I say something that *isn't* controversial, or like something that's popular, I get accused of being political correct, a sheep, etc. etc.

How can I be both?

Observation: People like to negatively judge others, based on very simplistic observations. A lot. It's a easy route to personal validation. "If they're inferior, I must therefore be a better person than them".

Conclusion: Stop giving a crap what those people thing. Look for open minded people who can think for themselves, and stay away from the people with little identifiable personality of their own. Appreciate people for who they are, not what you want them to be.
 Deadliest_Snatch
Msg: 60
Is it not cool these days to go against the Grain???
Posted: 4/20/2013 6:01:19 AM

The company of a lady would be nice.
But its those other factors that put them off,and i am not accepted for it.

You poor thing!
You must be an unfortunate, misunderstood rebel who is wrongly rebuffed by those unwilling to see through your counter-culture artistic demeanor to the shining jewel inside.

Or, maybe you are just a boring, run of the mill, uninspired, dull, fearful, laggard who lacks ambition, is afraid of real life and would prefer to pay for intimate contact (sex) rather thsn risk the emotional pain of getting close to any other human beings (beside mommy & daddy, that is).
Regardless, you keep grasping at straws in an attempt to make it everyone else's fault that you are rejected.

OP - you have started about, what, 15 - 17 threads regarding your inability to "couple?"
At your age (36), it is highly unlikely that this could be a mere twist of fate.

If you have come this far without having a "relationship," perhaps you may want to consider the possibility that you are of a personality type which does not partner up very successfully. Instead of trying to pound your square self into a round hole and inflict sorrow on an unsuspecting woman, I suggest you get to the root of your issues with intimacy. Go see a professional counselor or psychologist. In the meantime, read the description at:
http://avoidantpersonality.com/
and ask yourself if you wouldn't be happier coming to terms with your limitations, rather than act out a charade for the purpose of putting your family/ friends at ease.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Is it not cool these days to go against the Grain???