Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > How do you view relationships and intamcey?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 annywn
Msg: 22
How do you view relationships and intamcey?Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
OP, If they didn't like your profile when they red it the first time, posting it here veilingly disguised as a question. You sound like you lay the gooey goo on very quick, and MOST will bawk at that as it sounds disengenuine. Because.........................it is.
 nubeginnings64
Msg: 23
How do you view relationships and intamcey?
Posted: 4/18/2013 6:13:13 AM
2 kinds of men that write such emotional dribble. Dudes still reeling from being dumped & dudes advertising to women what he thinks they want to hear.
 LaughingHeart12
Msg: 24
Posted: 4/18/2013 8:36:09 AM
You don't want to date outside of your religion? That's fine; we all have our preferences. But considering what you're looking for, this one is pretty confining, and PoF is probably not your best avenue. Perhaps something church-related?
 annywn
Msg: 25
Posted: 4/18/2013 10:17:15 AM
@nice but dim. That is a valid point you make. I guess you have to give them the chance at least . Its always worth the risk to find someone amazing.
 dpwesu
Msg: 26
Posted: 4/18/2013 10:28:25 AM
my view of relationships and intimacy is a pretty dim one these days.......

People will tell you all day long how they want a good, solid, meaningful, committed relationship.....and sure.....they will "commit" to you over a relatively short period of time......until they find something they perceive as better.

Society is so fickle these days - here today and gone to tomorrow and on to the next best thing.

Because I have been treated the way I have out here....nevermind th fact I have soooo much to offer and would like to think I am a quality person......I am done with relationships.
 Anonymous.one
Msg: 27
Posted: 4/18/2013 4:20:18 PM
I don't see you are wrong, but in all relationships no one is perfect, you might have to make a trade off. When you find someone you just can't stop thinking about, that you miss, that they seem to bring happiness and there for you in all times, we often overlook some of the things we seek which might not be there. It is often a trade off. The good should out weigh the bad times by huge amounts. Also you have to want to find someone instead of putting up too many roadblocks. If you want something to last you have to put as much into the person every day. Often we just get involved in jobs and ourselves and don't nurture the one we are with. If you don't put in love every day, your love will go bankrupt.
Our families love us unconditionally, it is a special bond, we can not do that with others. It takes a daily appreciation, of attention, caring, recognition of each other and a constant attention to it each day with thoughts of them
 cajuncooker
Msg: 28
Posted: 4/18/2013 6:09:24 PM
Terramay I understand what you are saying but also there is this:
- A house devided cannot stand- Jesus when dealing with the pharasees when they accused of him of working in conjunction with satan.
- Come out and be ye seperate touch not the unclean thing and I will recieve you-1 cor
- know ye not that your body is the temple of the holy spirit what concourse hath a believer with an infidel and what part hath Christ with Baal 1 cor
-be ye not unevenly yolked with unbelievers-1 cor
- mark them which cause divisions and offenses contray to the doctrines you have learned and avoid them- romans
- Can two walk together lest they be agreed- amos
My decison to not date someone who is not a christian is not out of want but out of command.
 cajuncooker
Msg: 29
Posted: 4/18/2013 6:13:59 PM
see though I want a quality relationship. and I may be looking for something that is not out there but I would rather stand my ground and hold to my standards then comprimise and settle. I know there is not a perfect relationship and I am far from being perfect ,but I am a lot different. I dont let my heart rule my emotions I rule my emotions with my mind and yes I may be saying something a little deep but is it not better to be honest with people? I believe it sets the expectations and the bar
 Madailein
Msg: 30
Posted: 4/18/2013 6:44:51 PM

I am not dating partly because …Also because I have high standards and I havent really met anyone that I can be both physically and mentally and emotionally attracted to.

Translation: Persons that have the qualities I seek are not attracted to me.

I have no expectations and I am not going to settle.

You are not settling because you have expectations.
You need a huge dose of reality.
How many kids do you have?
You have children but the beagle is “The love of my life”. How sad.
 cajuncooker
Msg: 31
Posted: 4/18/2013 7:05:05 PM
Actually your asumption that women that have the qualities i am looking for are not attracted to me are actually wrong. I find the flaws they dont. Most of it is the religious issue or 420 freindly or the political differences so you made an assumption based on idea not fact.
I have no expectations of anyone because I want people to be themeselfs. I dont expect them to be someone they are not and dont want to be, which I have to ask do you expect someone to be something they are not for show? if so you need the dose of reality. I like people for their mind and heart.
And no I am not going to settle. I know about 30 women that are friends that have expressed an interest in me but not one of them has the total standards I am looking for. and the women I know are looking for a man with standards and morals
 Madailein
Msg: 32
Posted: 4/18/2013 7:29:59 PM

Actually your asumption that women that have the qualities i am looking for are not attracted to me are actually wrong. I find the flaws they dont. Most of it is the religious issue or 420 freindly or the political differences so you made an assumption based on idea not fact….

and the women I know are looking for a man with standards and morals

Then why are you not with the women that have the qualities you seek? You do not make sense.
I based my opinion on what you wrote. Given that most religious persons have the qualities you seek but are not responsive to you I believe my statement is factual. Introspection could do you a world of good.

You find the flaws? They don’t? What does that mean?

So, how many kids? What about them?
 OutMind
Msg: 33
Posted: 4/18/2013 7:34:36 PM

I dont let my heart rule my emotions I rule my emotions with my mind and yes I may be saying something a little deep but is it not better to be honest with people? I believe it sets the expectations and the bar

Damn. I am so happy that you are Christian and I am Buddhist. Let your mind and ego and pride define you. If it makes you happy, good for you.
 cajuncooker
Msg: 34
Posted: 4/18/2013 7:54:11 PM
what i mean is they are 420 freindly or they are not christian or they are materialistic or into the show off thing or there is somethnig that dosent set well with me with them. It is nothing physical usually its the kind of music they listen too or the tatoos and piecrings or again the 420 or being I am a conservitive politically they are liberal or they are out of my age range or whatever there is just something.
and dont get me wrong they are all very sweet and they are all very good people and as friends I love them to death but its just a relationship would not work.
Someone said they are buddist and I am glad. I am not saying I am better then anyone else or prideful. I am just looking for what I think my standards should be.
 cajuncooker
Msg: 35
Posted: 4/18/2013 8:01:59 PM
@ anonymous one: I dont ever find that in a person though, someone I cannot stop thinking about because for pragmatism and compartamentalization comes in and yes there is this woman that I am interested in but ok its time for work and I focus on work and that is all I think about. or it is errand time to pay the bills and that is all i think about.
And I dont derive happiness from another person. I know people are going to let you down and they are going to hurt you and that they have their own life too so I have learned my happiness cannot be derived from another person. I mean I can date someone and actually go for a day or two of even three and not call and text and I dont expect them too either. (it actually gets bothersome and annoying if they do).
But again I dont let my heart rule I let my mind. I guess I am too emotionally detached and to logical for a relationship but i still wont lower my standards because maybe it is a road block but the ones who are willing to go through the hurtles and road blocks are the ones worth pursuing
 jlynn1955
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Posted: 4/18/2013 9:09:28 PM
Um, not sure if this is a violation of forum rules-but gonna give it a shot just in case it is not.

What OP is saying reminds me a gret deal of things that were said by a couple of others: I think newwavewoman and virginat40. I'm not sure. Does anyone remember?

Op-I do understand what you are saying and I believe you have a right to your own beliefs, but I don't understand why you are here on this site and continuing with this thread. It seems to me you would be better off looking for her in churches or if you do want to go online, one of the sites that is for people with your religious beliefs. Just a thought.
 cajuncooker
Msg: 37
Posted: 4/19/2013 6:41:43 AM
You asked about my mini me's I have two a very precousicous speak your mind I see things my way and nothing changes that blunt 11 year old son, and a very wide eyed the world is to be explored with wonder and amazement and be nice to everyone no matter how bad they treat you daughter.
They are the lights of my world. and I would not trade being a dad for anything in the world. I dont even joke about that one.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > How do you view relationships and intamcey?