Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Cuddle vs. Snuggle      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ouija2013
Msg: 26
Cuddle vs. SnugglePage 2 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
^^^ pretty sweet.
Off topic but why only happy hour Dave? Spring for the full price drinks and I won't say cuddle or snuggle. I cut my finger and have an owie :)
 LoneScottishBoy
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Cuddle vs. Snuggle
Posted: 4/17/2013 6:20:47 PM

"Is it just me, or...."

'Yes, it's just you.'

I guess that answers that question.

No, it's not something I obsess or freak out about. I was just curious.

Sure...but some might argue that a pet peeve is a pervasive, and therfore obsessive, attribute...
Anything else the audience of POF can help you with? :)
 JKURB
Msg: 28
Cuddle vs. Snuggle
Posted: 4/17/2013 6:27:35 PM

It's just semantics & very petty at that. Your post is a red flag IMO of a CONTROL FREAK!

Wow, instant internet psychoanalysis.

Let me try... OP, what number are you thinking? Was it 3.7? No? Well, you must have been thinking the wrong number, so obviously you're a BAD person. How dare you think like that!?! Wear this red flag in shame, buddy.
 jlynn1955
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Cuddle vs. Snuggle
Posted: 4/17/2013 6:34:10 PM
I don't think I care which word is used. Of course you could object to snuggle cause isn't that a fabric softener thing you put in the dryer/
Wolf-your "chicks" comment took me a littlw while to understand. I kept looking for the puppies...( I adore puppies).
Scottish boy-lolol funny and yet so right on the mark as usual..
Very interesting thread, but I just read the rules for this forum and don't understand what cuddles has to do with being over 45....Of course, I'm also still looking for the puppies, so what do I know.
 PittsburghVixen
Msg: 30
Cuddle vs. Snuggle
Posted: 4/17/2013 7:44:12 PM
OP, I don't like the word "cuddle" either! I prefer "snuggle".

I also HATE that stupid expression "sleep with". What a lame, idiotic euphemism.

/rant
 BLONDE_ANGEL845
Msg: 31
Cuddle vs. Snuggle
Posted: 4/17/2013 7:55:04 PM

And yes, we've had some pap topics on here; what to wear on a date, hair extensions (sorry Blonde), and other fluff topics. I call them "fluff" but to others it is not. It's a "just my opinion" thing. Nothing to get all torqued up about.
I got a chuckle out of this and it was a fun thread while it lasted. Someone did point out that the friend who said don't wear your hair that way was trying to sabotauge me & I had an aha moment1 sorry I digress...

The touch of another human being is a gift unto itself, how wonderful. I am a cuddler/snuggler/hugger, just a touchy-feely person.
YES!

yes, it seems silly to take issue with cuddle vs snuggle. There is so much more in life to pay attention to.

As a side note? I agree with Blonde in the pics of your little girls should be taken down from your profile. There are so very many not nice folks out there and we need to do all we can to protect our babies. jmho

its sounds a little like controlling behavior but it could be that you are just highly sensitive because someone you one dated or divorced did these thing? I dont know.. but on forums be prepared to get slammed, misinterpreted and verbally abused if you say something that strikes a nerve in another.

He objects to the word "cuddle" as it pertains to close human contact.
He needs to stipulate that in his profile so he can weed out the cuddlers.

I'd write more but my tummy hurts, gotta go to the potty.
LOVE YOU!
 wolftxusa66
Msg: 32
Cuddle vs. Snuggle
Posted: 4/17/2013 8:52:48 PM

Wolf-your "chicks" comment took me a littlw while to understand. I kept looking for the puppies...

OK, I realize that it was a bit unclear for those who don't know me (pretty much everybody), so let me clarify for those who are still puzzled. Msg 9 went with msg 2's PS. I said out loud what a pedophile may think after OP dismissed the exposure risk. Seeing kids and putting puppies in the van as a lure. I strongly advise against showing minors in pics, given that even adults run into creepy guys (see plenty of other threads).

I will refrain from explaining how salt, money shot and pink eye go together. lol

Ok, who wants to cuddle? I'll get the Vaseline...
(The only puppy here is this sick puppy (points at himself).)
 Freudian
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Cuddle vs. Snuggle
Posted: 4/17/2013 8:59:55 PM
Getting back to cuddle vs. snuggle and a personal dislike for certain terms:

I've always preferred certain terms for the female anatomy over others, things like ***** instead of *****, and ***** instead of *****, but I'm especially fond of ***** instead of butt burp.

You keep that vaseline on the OTHER SIDE OF THE ***** ROOM *****.

(kiss this thread goodbye)
 QT3.18
Msg: 34
Cuddle vs. Snuggle
Posted: 4/17/2013 9:42:12 PM
Either or, I never really noted a difference in those two words - until now.

My pet peeve is using the word "journey" for anything other than an 80s rock band, or anything that does not involve an extended and actual physical transport from point A to point B.

Like nails on a chalkboard for me.
 justlookingvt
Msg: 35
Cuddle vs. Snuggle
Posted: 4/18/2013 2:23:56 AM

Hmm. I use 'cuddle', 'snuggle' and 'have anal sex' interchangeably...

And “spooning” means you’ll include lube in the deal ? or is it just a "cuddle" in the kitchen ?

OT:

I don't know why you'd care much about the "cuddle"/"snuggle" "conundrum", generally it happens naturally without either word being used. On the other hand, if you share the term interchangeability as the poster referred to above, a woman would probably appreciate knowing the "ingredients" included in your definitions of the words.

IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Cuddle vs. Snuggle
Posted: 4/18/2013 3:46:42 AM
Well, OP, I can't sympathize with your particular sore point words, but I have my own experiences with inadvertent "trigger words" or phrases, so I can understand the frustration.

I would recommend that you do as I do when I run into such things, which is to realize first and foremost that it is ENTIRELY in your own head. You have a long-developed idea that one of those words is a good thing for humans to do, and the other is not, and only you can figure out how you came to have that association so strongly established. Once you do manage to recall why exactly it bugs you so much, you will very likely begin to be able to tolerate things better, and have a little more fun dealing with it.

The final straw for me in dealing with this sort of thing, came when I read a book called "The Professor and the Madman," which is a true telling of a significant element of the writing of the Oxford English Dictionary. Aside from the fascinating and bizarre tale at the heart of the book, more than anything else, I learned that the meaning of words is not determined by dictionaries or by English professors, or even by those who originally make them up. The meaning of a word is determined by what the majority of the people using it, think it means.

That means that we are all bound to run into word usages in our lives, which confuse us, or anger us, or cause us to "stutter step" every time we run across them in conversation. As I said, the best response in light of this, is for each of us to figure out why we think something of one word while others think another, and then work on ourselves to tolerate that a difference exists, in order to gain benefit FOR ourselves, by enabling us to enjoy the other persons in spite of this difference.

I can't think of any words such as you wrote this thread about, which bother me right now, but I can point to a speaking habit that bugs me. My ex does it all the time. She starts almost every conversation or explanation of something with the word "so." It causes me to "stutter step" mentally every time, because I am trained to think that "so" is a joining word, and that I therefore must have missed something she must have said just before that. This in turn is likely to make me miss the NEXT thing she says, as I back up mentally to look for the non-existent "missing" participle. Then I have to mentally run to catch up with her again.

It was mildly irritating to me throughout the marriage (though it had nothing to do with our dissolution). I have since run across several more "so-sayers." It's not a Red Flag to me by any means, but I do have to consciously decide with each one that I am going to switch on my "tolerate so" mechanism.
 DoubleParked
Msg: 37
Cuddle vs. Snuggle
Posted: 4/18/2013 6:31:00 AM

starts almost every conversation or explanation of something with the word "so

A fellow I was dating for awhile did this same thing. I could almost here the ...(dot, dot, dot) of his brain before he said the word So...(more dots). That ,combined with the slow way he talked, drove my quick mind batty!

Another fellow had the verbal tick of adding 'Right, (insert my name)? after almost everything he said. Maybe he felt the need to get my attention, or something. IDK. That drove me batty, too!

Guess I'm just an old bat<
 charliesmom21
Msg: 38
Cuddle vs. Snuggle
Posted: 4/18/2013 6:48:32 AM
I think we are back to the "Ick' topic.. snuggle cuddle, baby talk, whining.. oh the humanity!! I want to see the puppies too..
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 39
Cuddle vs. Snuggle
Posted: 4/18/2013 7:50:08 AM
Cuddle/snuggle...The next Big Question...it's all so confusing. I've been in a quandary ever since someone started a thread a while back on "boyfriend/girlfriend' and which term to use when introducing. Still trying to figure out how to introduce the "new guy" in my life..............should that ever happen.

But for me, if the guy in my life says, "come cuddle with me"....I'm going to say, " I get to be in the front"
If he says, "come snuggle with me".....I'm bringing my special "Princess Leia Snuggie" with me. *grins*

Igor.... "So".... tell me, what other words or phrases seem to trouble you?"
Thank you for the early morning chuckle. Love your posts.

...mae
 Secondhand_Lion
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Cuddle vs. Snuggle
Posted: 4/19/2013 11:06:06 PM
If I can live with the term "blow job" instead of the more accurate and desirable "suck job"....then you shouldn't have any problems with the word "cuddle"....at least it doesn't give you the visual of your scrotum being inflated like a party balloon.
 wolftxusa66
Msg: 41
Cuddle vs. Snuggle
Posted: 4/20/2013 7:16:47 AM
I don't mind the party balloon scrotum - it's the part when she makes the finishing knot that hurts.
 Secondhand_Lion
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Cuddle vs. Snuggle
Posted: 4/20/2013 10:59:26 AM
^^^^^LMAO....I missed out on that thank God, I usually get released so they can watch me flubber around the room.
 mrsforums
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Cuddle vs. Snuggle
Posted: 4/20/2013 1:17:25 PM
Interchangeable words in my view.

How would you feel if your S/O asked if you wanted a snog? Would THAT put you off?

Noun 1. snogging - (British informal) cuddle and kiss
caressing, cuddling, fondling, hugging, kissing, petting, smooching, snuggling, necking - affectionate play (or foreplay without contact with the genital organs)

MrsF
 Secondhand_Lion
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Cuddle vs. Snuggle
Posted: 4/20/2013 7:07:47 PM
^^^^Snog??...are you kidding me? Who makes up this terminology, and why do Bits allow them to go unpunished? So I guess the past tense of the word is "snogged"...as in I've been snogged. That sounds nasty. Actually it sounds like something that could only happen between a woman with a huge nose or nostrils and a guy with a tiny penis.LOL
 DragonBits
Msg: 45
Cuddle vs. Snuggle
Posted: 4/21/2013 7:03:14 AM
I like snuggling most after sex, laying about together in bed.

But watching a movie together in the house, or sharing a gooey dessert in a restaurant with sofa like recliners are good places to snuggle. Having a fireplace makes it a natural place to snuggle up in front of.

No one has actually had to ask me to cuddle, snuggle, etc. It's something that just comes naturally, I put my arm around her, she moves closer, we share some popcorn or a dessert.
 LoneScottishBoy
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Cuddle vs. Snuggle
Posted: 4/21/2013 7:07:48 AM

How would you feel if your S/O asked if you wanted a snog?

VERY appreciated? :)
 Casper66
Msg: 47
view profile
History
Cuddle vs. Snuggle
Posted: 4/21/2013 10:18:05 AM
Well there are a few words and phrases that make me cringe at times, I have no preference between cuddle and snuggle, thou snuggle makes me think of the bear from the fabric softener commercial, I don't think it really matters once you get next to your partner what word you choose to use.
 c_deacon
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Cuddle vs. Snuggle
Posted: 4/21/2013 2:46:26 PM
These are interchangeable in my mind, with a preference depending on your upbringing, background and history as it pertains to the action(s) of snuggling and cuddling......:)

It is much the same as hearing the terms......."blow job"........"sucking"........"giving head"........."going down"........."oral sex", etc. All have some connection with each other, and even thought the same way by many, but when used by some, and heard by others, it can be received, and accepted in totally different ways......go figure!!

cd
 LunaBella9
Msg: 49
Cuddle vs. Snuggle
Posted: 4/21/2013 7:03:32 PM
I have an aversion to beets.... That may be a totally different thread.

However, cuddle versus snuggle -makes no difference to me. I respond to both :)
 motown_cowgirl
Msg: 50
Cuddle vs. Snuggle
Posted: 4/22/2013 8:16:53 AM
you have an aversion to the word "cuddle" and you noticed that a lot of women use that word. i'm sorry i guess we missed the memo. it's bloody annoying, isn't it?!? just look at all of us dropping the "c-bomb" and totally ruining your post-coitus visions with kittens and bunnies & potty talk. how dare us i mean really. women, stop doing that immediately!

snuggling up together and watching a movie on a rainy day or when the kids are in bed is a great joy in life. I just don't like the word 'cuddle'.

what other words are we supposed to not say to avoid a complete buzz-kill??? oh that's the only one?? phew what a relief.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Cuddle vs. Snuggle