Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Cuddle vs. Snuggle      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Secondhand_Lion
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Cuddle vs. SnugglePage 3 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
If I can live with the term "blow job" instead of the more accurate and desirable "suck job"....then you shouldn't have any problems with the word "cuddle"....at least it doesn't give you the visual of your scrotum being inflated like a party balloon.
 wolftxusa66
Msg: 41
Cuddle vs. Snuggle
Posted: 4/20/2013 7:16:47 AM
I don't mind the party balloon scrotum - it's the part when she makes the finishing knot that hurts.
 Secondhand_Lion
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Cuddle vs. Snuggle
Posted: 4/20/2013 10:59:26 AM
^^^^^LMAO....I missed out on that thank God, I usually get released so they can watch me flubber around the room.
 mrsforums
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Cuddle vs. Snuggle
Posted: 4/20/2013 1:17:25 PM
Interchangeable words in my view.

How would you feel if your S/O asked if you wanted a snog? Would THAT put you off?

Noun 1. snogging - (British informal) cuddle and kiss
caressing, cuddling, fondling, hugging, kissing, petting, smooching, snuggling, necking - affectionate play (or foreplay without contact with the genital organs)

MrsF
 Secondhand_Lion
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Cuddle vs. Snuggle
Posted: 4/20/2013 7:07:47 PM
^^^^Snog??...are you kidding me? Who makes up this terminology, and why do Bits allow them to go unpunished? So I guess the past tense of the word is "snogged"...as in I've been snogged. That sounds nasty. Actually it sounds like something that could only happen between a woman with a huge nose or nostrils and a guy with a tiny penis.LOL
 DragonBits
Msg: 45
Cuddle vs. Snuggle
Posted: 4/21/2013 7:03:14 AM
I like snuggling most after sex, laying about together in bed.

But watching a movie together in the house, or sharing a gooey dessert in a restaurant with sofa like recliners are good places to snuggle. Having a fireplace makes it a natural place to snuggle up in front of.

No one has actually had to ask me to cuddle, snuggle, etc. It's something that just comes naturally, I put my arm around her, she moves closer, we share some popcorn or a dessert.
 LoneScottishBoy
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Cuddle vs. Snuggle
Posted: 4/21/2013 7:07:48 AM

How would you feel if your S/O asked if you wanted a snog?

VERY appreciated? :)
 Casper66
Msg: 47
view profile
History
Cuddle vs. Snuggle
Posted: 4/21/2013 10:18:05 AM
Well there are a few words and phrases that make me cringe at times, I have no preference between cuddle and snuggle, thou snuggle makes me think of the bear from the fabric softener commercial, I don't think it really matters once you get next to your partner what word you choose to use.
 c_deacon
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Cuddle vs. Snuggle
Posted: 4/21/2013 2:46:26 PM
These are interchangeable in my mind, with a preference depending on your upbringing, background and history as it pertains to the action(s) of snuggling and cuddling......:)

It is much the same as hearing the terms......."blow job"........"sucking"........"giving head"........."going down"........."oral sex", etc. All have some connection with each other, and even thought the same way by many, but when used by some, and heard by others, it can be received, and accepted in totally different ways......go figure!!

cd
 LunaBella9
Msg: 49
Cuddle vs. Snuggle
Posted: 4/21/2013 7:03:32 PM
I have an aversion to beets.... That may be a totally different thread.

However, cuddle versus snuggle -makes no difference to me. I respond to both :)
 motown_cowgirl
Msg: 50
Cuddle vs. Snuggle
Posted: 4/22/2013 8:16:53 AM
you have an aversion to the word "cuddle" and you noticed that a lot of women use that word. i'm sorry i guess we missed the memo. it's bloody annoying, isn't it?!? just look at all of us dropping the "c-bomb" and totally ruining your post-coitus visions with kittens and bunnies & potty talk. how dare us i mean really. women, stop doing that immediately!

snuggling up together and watching a movie on a rainy day or when the kids are in bed is a great joy in life. I just don't like the word 'cuddle'.

what other words are we supposed to not say to avoid a complete buzz-kill??? oh that's the only one?? phew what a relief.
 Single_Dad_Dave
Msg: 51
Cuddle vs. Snuggle
Posted: 4/22/2013 7:06:50 PM

There was a serial rapist in my locality who traumatized women in their home after meeting them on an Internet dating site. This man repeatedly and brutally raped numerous women, some while their minor children cowered in closets, after he met them on free Internet dating websites. Please, for the love of your children, remove the pics.

So, you're telling me there is a world full of female, lesbian pedophile predators out there? That's interesting, I've never heard of a single incident of that in my entire life. Even after googling it, I couldn't find *any* incidents of it *ever* happening with grade school kids. Ever.

But I appreciate you warning me of this imminent danger.

You do understand that I'm dating women and not men, correct?

I agree with your dating philosophy. In 2 1/2 years, only 2 women have even met my children. I disagree with your profile review. But different opinions is what makes the world go round.
 Belluvthebawl
Msg: 52
Cuddle vs. Snuggle
Posted: 4/22/2013 7:39:04 PM
Ok so I want to snuggle.....then cuddle.....then go nite nite.

Anyone care to join me?? :)
 charliesmom21
Msg: 53
Cuddle vs. Snuggle
Posted: 4/22/2013 7:44:20 PM
^^^+1 Bell.. I agree.. who cares how its said.. I love it. Now I need my blankie and my puppy whuppy so i can so sweepy nit nites too.
 Belluvthebawl
Msg: 54
Cuddle vs. Snuggle
Posted: 4/23/2013 6:30:40 AM
^^^^^ :) ^^^^^^
 OzzGirl22
Msg: 55
Cuddle vs. Snuggle
Posted: 4/23/2013 11:43:05 AM
and "Poof!" the OP is gone....................
Poor SOB did not stand a chance on here.
:-)
 Secondhand_Lion
Msg: 56
view profile
History
Cuddle vs. Snuggle
Posted: 4/26/2013 5:54:01 PM
I wonder how many times he shit himself out of a good breast feeding?
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 57
view profile
History
Cuddle vs. Snuggle
Posted: 4/27/2013 9:35:22 AM
It occurred to me since this thread started, that I actually do distinguish myself between snuggle and cuddle. Not to the point the op did, where he would actually get upset about someone else's use of the words, but nevertheless, I can see a difference. It's interesting to me as a "words guy", though I imagine it wouldn't be to everyone.

Anyway, what I realized, is that I think of "cuddle" as something at least two people do together, while "snuggle" doesn't require a second being. I think that's party because of old, and alternate usages of "snug." In the old Santa Claus poem, the children are nestled all snug in their beds. Absolutely implies no sexuality, and no company of any kind.

And also, in my work as a technician, we are often told to tighten things until they are "snug." No sexuality involved in that either, and certainly no sense that it could lead to anything "more serious."

but if a woman ever again proposes that we either cuddle OR snuggle together, I am reasonably confident I wont confuse her suggestion with proper maintenance procedures. Reasonably.
 Misguided_Old_Mule
Msg: 58
Cuddle vs. Snuggle
Posted: 4/27/2013 3:20:33 PM

but if a woman ever again proposes that we either cuddle OR snuggle together, I am reasonably confident I wont confuse her suggestion with proper maintenance procedures
That is because you are a REAL MAN.

For me, either snuggle or cuddle would sound OK, but the word "nestle" would bring on deep disgust.
 Blue-Eyes-Shine
Msg: 59
view profile
History
Cuddle vs. Snuggle
Posted: 4/27/2013 3:27:57 PM
Cuddle, Snuggle, doesn't matter to me. Let's just do it. :-)
Nestle, hmmm, reminds me of Nestlies, which makes me think of chocolate, yummmy, yes I would nestle also.
 theanswerguy2
Msg: 60
Cuddle vs. Snuggle
Posted: 5/12/2013 3:04:41 PM

being bothered about it is just a form of gramer/spelling/typing nazi

Achtung!
It's "grammar"
 Secondhand_Lion
Msg: 61
view profile
History
Cuddle vs. Snuggle
Posted: 5/12/2013 7:26:48 PM
Damit, are we still stuck at cuddle and snuggle on the ladder of foreplay?...if we don't soon move up to the next step and all it's synonyms....I'm going to loose my erection. LOL
 NtvNtv
Msg: 62
Cuddle vs. Snuggle
Posted: 5/18/2013 5:00:05 PM
( ^ ^)

Doesn't matter what you call it : )

Cuddling...snuggling. Luv it : )

I miss it tho cuz now I am single (LOL!!).
 dmzvisitor
Msg: 63
Cuddle vs. Snuggle
Posted: 5/19/2013 6:56:34 AM
I just can't get past the idea that one of these words is somehow more "childish" than another. So I just read the thread for the laughs. Thanks, folks!
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 64
view profile
History
Cuddle vs. Snuggle
Posted: 6/4/2013 5:24:13 PM
???? ^^^????

Are you suggesting that all women are immature, and that they want to have body closeness without it being sexual because of this? I can't tell what you are trying to say.

I can tell you, in case it applies, that lots of women (and men, for that matter) do want to be able to have physical closeness and comfort with a mate, without it indicating a desire for coitus every time. The variety makes a person feel much more valued as a human being, across the entire spectrum of their existence, rather than just being a sex-toy.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Cuddle vs. Snuggle