Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Cuddle vs. Snuggle      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Secondhand_Lion
Msg: 56
view profile
History
Cuddle vs. SnugglePage 4 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
I wonder how many times he shit himself out of a good breast feeding?
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 57
view profile
History
Cuddle vs. Snuggle
Posted: 4/27/2013 9:35:22 AM
It occurred to me since this thread started, that I actually do distinguish myself between snuggle and cuddle. Not to the point the op did, where he would actually get upset about someone else's use of the words, but nevertheless, I can see a difference. It's interesting to me as a "words guy", though I imagine it wouldn't be to everyone.

Anyway, what I realized, is that I think of "cuddle" as something at least two people do together, while "snuggle" doesn't require a second being. I think that's party because of old, and alternate usages of "snug." In the old Santa Claus poem, the children are nestled all snug in their beds. Absolutely implies no sexuality, and no company of any kind.

And also, in my work as a technician, we are often told to tighten things until they are "snug." No sexuality involved in that either, and certainly no sense that it could lead to anything "more serious."

but if a woman ever again proposes that we either cuddle OR snuggle together, I am reasonably confident I wont confuse her suggestion with proper maintenance procedures. Reasonably.
 Misguided_Old_Mule
Msg: 58
Cuddle vs. Snuggle
Posted: 4/27/2013 3:20:33 PM

but if a woman ever again proposes that we either cuddle OR snuggle together, I am reasonably confident I wont confuse her suggestion with proper maintenance procedures
That is because you are a REAL MAN.

For me, either snuggle or cuddle would sound OK, but the word "nestle" would bring on deep disgust.
 Blue-Eyes-Shine
Msg: 59
view profile
History
Cuddle vs. Snuggle
Posted: 4/27/2013 3:27:57 PM
Cuddle, Snuggle, doesn't matter to me. Let's just do it. :-)
Nestle, hmmm, reminds me of Nestlies, which makes me think of chocolate, yummmy, yes I would nestle also.
 theanswerguy2
Msg: 60
Cuddle vs. Snuggle
Posted: 5/12/2013 3:04:41 PM

being bothered about it is just a form of gramer/spelling/typing nazi

Achtung!
It's "grammar"
 Secondhand_Lion
Msg: 61
view profile
History
Cuddle vs. Snuggle
Posted: 5/12/2013 7:26:48 PM
Damit, are we still stuck at cuddle and snuggle on the ladder of foreplay?...if we don't soon move up to the next step and all it's synonyms....I'm going to loose my erection. LOL
 NtvNtv
Msg: 62
Cuddle vs. Snuggle
Posted: 5/18/2013 5:00:05 PM
( ^ ^)

Doesn't matter what you call it : )

Cuddling...snuggling. Luv it : )

I miss it tho cuz now I am single (LOL!!).
 dmzvisitor
Msg: 63
Cuddle vs. Snuggle
Posted: 5/19/2013 6:56:34 AM
I just can't get past the idea that one of these words is somehow more "childish" than another. So I just read the thread for the laughs. Thanks, folks!
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 64
view profile
History
Cuddle vs. Snuggle
Posted: 6/4/2013 5:24:13 PM
???? ^^^????

Are you suggesting that all women are immature, and that they want to have body closeness without it being sexual because of this? I can't tell what you are trying to say.

I can tell you, in case it applies, that lots of women (and men, for that matter) do want to be able to have physical closeness and comfort with a mate, without it indicating a desire for coitus every time. The variety makes a person feel much more valued as a human being, across the entire spectrum of their existence, rather than just being a sex-toy.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Cuddle vs. Snuggle