Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Harsh Reality of Dating these days.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 149
Harsh Reality of Dating these days. Page 8 of 8    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)

I don't have women friends who seek any type of perfection.

Other people's mileage may vary. And certainly does.

Everyone has their own requirements. A guy being perfect just isn't one of them.

I have read literally thousands of women's profiles over the years. I have yet to see any woman request, "short, dark, and handsome" or "tall, dark, and ugly" or "short, dark, and plain looking", or any combination thereof. I have, however, seen plenty of the stereotypical, "tall, dark, and handsome", along with various comments about "successful" (read-money), "fit", "athletic", "charming", etc. which, when put all together, sounds like the "perfect" human being. Of course, I live in the greater Los Angeles area, birthplace of Barbie and Ken, which may have something to do with that.
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 150
view profile
History
Harsh Reality of Dating these days.
Posted: 3/17/2014 2:39:22 AM
^ Having some discriminating preferences isn't the same as requiring perfection.
 Maleman999
Msg: 151
Posted: 3/17/2014 6:52:42 AM
I sometimes see the following statement or a variation of it: "I'm not looking for totally perfect. I'm looking for someone who is perfect for me." Is there a difference between looking for totally perfect and "perfect for me"? Does this mean the person looking for "perfect for me" would date someone they consider ugly, out of shape, very short, very fat, and/or broke?
 motown_cowgirl
Msg: 152
Posted: 3/17/2014 6:59:49 AM
Does this mean the person looking for "perfect for me" would date someone they consider ugly, out of shape, very short, very fat, and/or broke?

of course not. they want to be attracted to whoever they're banging.... JUST LIKE YOU DO.
 Coma_White
Msg: 153
view profile
History
Posted: 3/17/2014 10:28:03 PM

I sometimes see the following statement or a variation of it: "I'm not looking for totally perfect. I'm looking for someone who is perfect for me." Is there a difference between looking for totally perfect and "perfect for me"? Does this mean the person looking for "perfect for me" would date someone they consider ugly, out of shape, very short, very fat, and/or broke?

Use common sense to find the answer. They're trying to say that they're not some one of those people that has unrealistic expectations and will shun anyone that doesn't fit their laundry list of ideals. No, it doesn't mean they'll date someone ugly.
 or_current_resident
Msg: 154
Posted: 3/18/2014 4:52:07 PM

I'm a female and am not afraid to say I 'need' a man in my life to feel great. Others don't need a partner to feel great....good for them. I just fool myself if I say that. I have a great guy and prefer him to anything else that life has to offer. No feeling in the world is as 'great' as being in love...for me.

Amen & good for you. As there are those..... and there are those........and there are those........

imo, like water, to each their own...in seeking its level happiness & contentment......whether be it alone or together with another or not.

Some might prefer chocolate or a hot bath or new shoes or coffee with the gals better, but not for me.

Bravo.... as in my world too... as wants, does help, but will never equal being in love.....
 WNYmanToo
Msg: 155
Posted: 3/19/2014 12:33:41 PM

Well he said, you are single because of you, not anyone else. I didn’t get it at first, but I had known all along he was right.

In reality, you are (insert ANYTHING here) because of you, not anyone else. I don't need a shrink to tell me that.
(Noting, that as a young child, your parent(s) are (somewhat) in control of your life.)

You're wrong if you say you can't change who you are.....it's not that you CAN'T, it's if you are willing to, and want to change.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Harsh Reality of Dating these days.