Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Religion  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 RDtoo
Msg: 148
view profile
History
Jesus Lost Years.Page 7 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
J-roc, no I am not putting hidden meanings into the word Truth. You speak of truth from Muslims and Pagans, yet you are not here promoting books that allegedly disprove those beliefs. You come here to promote a book that allegedly disproves the Bible. You have decided that is what truth is. You say you believed like I do at one time. Were you as consumed with proving the Bible to be true then as you now are consumed with disproving it?
 Dei Gratia
Msg: 149
Jesus Lost Years.
Posted: 9/11/2005 9:32:23 PM
j-roc

I believe your not seeking as hard as one could, and I have done this also, for time to place other things first was my will also sometime ago. And granted if this is what you will then so be it. But allow me to place you at a site that can give you some more facts and unevical evidence.
http://makeashorterlink.com/?L1B8557CB

:
Msg: 156
view profile
History
Jesus Lost Years.
Posted: 9/11/2005 11:18:25 PM
Okay I have to step in here. Obviously there is some cuty and pastey that has gone on with the bible. Just take for example the fact that some christians belive very strongly in books that others consider apocrypha. Revelations is the most evident example, Catholics acknoledge it but it is not allowed to be read at Mass. The Gnostic point brought up is a good point, what about the Gospil of thomas? Several versions exist but most are loath to include it, due to its blending of christianity with mythraic pagan sun worship. The GOT also some obvious edditing at the end of some versions. Shall we get into the dead sea scrolls now?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apocrypha
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gospel_of_thomas

And how does anyone know which book enlightens the most?

One day Chuang Tzu and a friend were walking by a river.
"Look at the fish swimming about," said Chuang Tzu, "They are really enjoying themselves."
"You are not a fish," replied the friend, "So you can't truly know that they are enjoying themselves."
"You are not me," said Chuang Tzu. "So how do you know that I do not know that the fish are enjoying themselves?"
 RDtoo
Msg: 157
view profile
History
Jesus Lost Years.
Posted: 9/11/2005 11:50:07 PM
J-roc, if you want sites that answer supposed errors in the Bible or sites that examine archaeological evidence for the Bible, all you have to do is google them if you were really interested.

One site that may be helpful is http://www.bibleandscience.com/

The big topic over there right now is that King David's palace has possibly been found.

I'll look for some more sites for you.
 :
Msg: 159
view profile
History
Jesus Lost Years.
Posted: 9/12/2005 5:34:14 AM
I think all religions are truthful, the only untruth in religion is killing and sinning in the name of God and in the pretense of love. The lesson of all religion again and again is love.
 CountIbli
Msg: 161
Jesus Lost Years.
Posted: 9/12/2005 7:58:01 AM
Where in the Bible does it say Mary Magdalene was a prostitute?
 CountIbli
Msg: 163
Synchronisity
Posted: 9/12/2005 11:22:54 AM
Earlier Friv mentioned that Eve was taken from Adam's side, not his rib. That got me thinking about Jesus and Adam. Jesus was in many respects a second Adam (and some believed him to be the reincarnation of Adam). It seems that both had a "side" thing going on. In Adam's case his wife came from his side. I was trying to figure out how that related to Jesus' side wound. Then SFL gave the link about Mary Magdalene which answered the question for me. When Jesus was stabbed water and blood issued forth from the wound. Water symbolizes the baptism. Blood, we know from the Last Supper, is represented by wine. The wine at the Last Supper was a symbol of a new covenant between man and God, according to Christianity. The water and wine thus represent the Church. In the Catholic mass water and wine are mixed together. The NT often describes the Church as Jesus's bride. Therefore like Eve coming from the side of Adam the Church comes from the side of Jesus. Interesting, no?
 RDtoo
Msg: 165
view profile
History
Synchronisity
Posted: 9/12/2005 9:38:42 PM
Count, Jesus indeed has been referred to as the second Adam. Since the first Adam corrupted himself through disobedience, God sent Jesus.

J-roc and SFL, I would be the first to say there is not alot of evidence for events in the Bible, but this makes sense as we are asked to go by Faith.

J-roc, if you want to see something I can highly recommend that would probably change your worldview, it would not be a website but a book. It is called "The God who is there" by Dr. Francis Schaeffer. It is not easy reading and I would not recommend it to everyone. It is probably the best argument out there for believing that the Bible is true.
 RDtoo
Msg: 167
view profile
History
Synchronisity
Posted: 9/12/2005 10:12:20 PM
I understand how you feel. I really do. The thing is we cannot prove Christianity is true by answered prayers, Divine intervention or even prophecy as other religions claim this as well. I can say that I have had hands layed on me by Pentecostals and felt a calming sensation. I got a similar calming from a follower of zen. To this I concluded that the calming probably had nothing to do with our beliefs and something to do with us as humans.
 :
Msg: 169
view profile
History
Jesus Lost Years.
Posted: 9/13/2005 2:08:03 AM
God is perfect, man is flawed, God is truth, and men and women lie. I trust in God not in men. And as for priests... They are somewhere in between lawyers and politicians for trustworthiness if you ask me... Everyone has an agenda right...
 RDtoo
Msg: 172
view profile
History
Jesus Lost Years.
Posted: 9/13/2005 9:37:01 PM
What questions are you talking about?
 RDtoo
Msg: 174
view profile
History
Jesus Lost Years.
Posted: 9/13/2005 9:44:42 PM
Alright give us one that we haven't answered.....
 RDtoo
Msg: 178
view profile
History
Jesus Lost Years.
Posted: 9/13/2005 10:07:30 PM
J-roc, that really isn't an answerable question. That is like asking why do some people vote Democrat and some people vote Republican. There have been people so convinced of it's truthfulness that they have been martyered over it. If it were completely proveable then we would not be required to walk in Faith. Faith is an essential component of Christianity.

Does the Bible being true make all other faiths false? Not necessarily. I am sure there is alot of truth and wisdom in other religions or they would not have followers. Judism, Islam and Christianity all sprang from the same source. The thing is the other religions do not have the total truth. Think about this, if it were possible to get to heaven by following any religion then Jesus died in vain.
 RDtoo
Msg: 180
view profile
History
Jesus Lost Years.
Posted: 9/13/2005 10:15:19 PM
J-roc, I don't claim to have every answer. I am not a theologian, I am an ordinary person who comes here. I think we addressed the so-called "missing years" of Jesus pretty well on the first couple of pages of this thread. It is beating a dead horse at this point. You either accept that Jesus spent His teen years as an ordinary Jewish boy and an apprentice carpenter or you don't.
 RDtoo
Msg: 183
view profile
History
Jesus Lost Years.
Posted: 9/13/2005 10:18:38 PM
Well, I was referring to the ones dealing with this thread.
 RDtoo
Msg: 187
view profile
History
Jesus Lost Years.
Posted: 9/14/2005 8:41:18 PM
They let anyone join here, don't they?
 CountIbli
Msg: 188
Jesus Lost Years.
Posted: 9/14/2005 10:51:53 PM
Is that how you got on?
 carribeanking7
Msg: 189
Jesus Lost Years.
Posted: 9/14/2005 11:03:04 PM
They actually begged me to join...
but Im still waiting for my free t-shirt
 samyred
Msg: 190
Jesus Lost Years.
Posted: 9/15/2005 2:53:12 PM
Good one...
 RDtoo
Msg: 194
view profile
History
Jesus Lost Years.
Posted: 9/17/2005 10:53:30 PM
Mr. Luckybudda, where did you come up with such an idea that the Vatican or whoever, is secretly hiding first hand accounts of the Life of Jesus Christ? Seriously, why would you think this?
 RDtoo
Msg: 202
view profile
History
Jesus Lost Years.
Posted: 7/2/2006 11:45:26 PM
Sure there has been alot of talk about Him going to India, China, etc. It is usually being talked about by someone who is completely clueless of Jewish culture in ancient times and how absurd the notion of Him going to India and/or China really is. The fabled "Silk Road" did not extend anywhere near the Middle East at the time, and for a Jew to set out for the Far East, the journey would have been assuredly cut short by bandits and impossible traveling conditions. You do notice that we have zero travel narratives from the time of Europeans and Middle Easterners making such a journey. They did not even travel there by ship at the time, let alone on foot.
 Chipits
Msg: 204
Jesus Lost Years.
Posted: 7/3/2006 4:00:48 PM
It is true that the Bible says little about the years of Jesus' life between the ages of 12 and 30. It is also true that eastern philosophies have mingled the so-called ministry and presence of Jesus with their teachings as well, such teachings denying him as Divinity/
THE son of God, making him a mere good man /prophet. Jesus says "I am the way , the truth and the life" no man cometh unto the Father, but by me" (John 14:6) So where do we go for some answers? The Bible does speak of Jesus being the son of a carpenter,(Joseph)(Mark 6:3) and also a carpenter Himself. (Matthew 13:55). When the time was ready, (He being 30- Luke 3:23), Jesus left Nazareth (Galilee) for Jordan where He was baptized by John the Baptist, received the Holy Spirit and blessing of His Father God and he susbsequently proclaimed the beginning of His ministry
at the synogogue in Nazareth. (Luke 4 16-21) When he was 12, Luke 3:51, 52 tell us that he went down with them [his parents] to Nazareth, and was subject to them and He increased in wisdom and stature and in favour with God and man. Stature is by definition, "the natural height of a human or animal when in an upright position", and it also can mean "a level of superiority that is usually high". So without adding words to scripture, can I safely say that he simply "grew up"? His public ministry did not begin until the fulness of time had come for Him to receive the Spirit. Had He gone to the east as many put forth, then His teachings in scripture would support what He learned there. It is errant to guess or state that He went anywhere, for if it were true,important,doctrinal or relevant,then we would read about it. The day He proclaimed His ministry in the synagogue was following His baptism and temptation in the wilderness (Luke 4:16) states, "And He came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up: and AS HIS CUSTOM WAS , He went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and stood up for to read." His custom was Jewish, not eastern mysticism....Jesus was a Jew and raised such. The so-called lost years aren't really lost at all. Jesus plied his trade as a carpenter and there is no Biblical record of him having gone anywhere nor marrying anyone. If it were important or relevant, then the Bible would speak of it and had Jesus gone to the east and learned a new philospohy then Jesus and his disciples would have preached an entirely different message than what is in the Bible.

So many people are willing to say that Jesus did this or that during the years as he grew up and believe that stuff, yet don't search for themselves for the answers in the Bible which would be the logical place to look, seeing as Jesus Christ, the living God is the cornerstone of Christianity. Why look any where else if Jesus is the subject of your searching the details of his life. I see nothing in the Bible of other gods we are to worship, nor idols we are to bow down to, nor beliefs in reincarnation, or praying to dead people, or karma,or putting our faith in anything else on this earth, be it animals, mystics, temples or even ourselves. The lost years of Jesus don't exist and are only "lost" to those who are indeed lost and needing salvation. :"For the time will come when they
will not endure sound doctine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears and they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables" (2Timothy 4:3,4) Look the definition of fable up and you determine whether you want to believe a fable or be a believer in the the true message of Jesus. He wan't killed as you put it, but willingly as our creator and saviour, came to earth, paid the price for our sins, rose from the dead having reconciled (look that up too) us to God and to the promise of eternal life. Every other dead prophet is yet in the tomb......Jesus' tomb is empty, He is alive. "For the son of Man is come to seek and to save that which is lost." Lost years of Jesus? It is OUR lost years that HE is concerned with.
Hope this is helpful........Chipits
Show ALL Forums  > Religion  >