Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > do you sometimes get all confused and end up doing silly things?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 DAFT_DOG
Msg: 4
view profile
History
do you sometimes get all confused and end up doing silly things?Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
back last year, got ready for work as usual, about 6pm ish, drove to work arriving about 6.30, thought to myself, bit quiet ??

anyway, grabbed a coffee from the machine and sat in the car having a smoke, about 10 to 7, i thought, the lads are cutting it fine ( 7pm start time on sundays )......and even when dave the security guard came out and said , hi tony, no one told me there was a shift in tonight !..it didnt dawn on me !...

i saw dave again about 20 minutes later, and asked him, dave, it IS sunday today is`nt it ??...no tone !, its saturday mate !

what a prize dildo i felt ! :O)
 fleursky
Msg: 5
view profile
History
do you sometimes get all confused and end up doing silly things?
Posted: 4/27/2013 4:34:54 AM
I have to think what day it is when I wake up as have often got that wrong & either laid in thinking I've got no work only to get a phonecall asking where I am or same as others and have rushed into work on the wrong day & wasn't supposed to be there.

I've got a terrible habit of putting things away 'hiding for later' & then can never remember where I've hidden things.
 TheRe-SownRose
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 4/27/2013 5:07:16 AM

I've got a terrible habit of putting things away 'hiding for later' & then can never remember where I've hidden things.

I do this, every year I buy wrapping paper and cards in the christmas sales. Found a massive stash of them I'd forgotten about during a clear out recently!
 daver987654
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 4/27/2013 8:29:19 AM
I have never done any of those things, nor got drunk.

I have never done anything to embarrass my friends nor family.

I don't eat beans or cabbage so don't suffer unexpected wind shifts.

I was cute baby, a model boy scout and I help old ladies across the road.
 GeordieColin
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 4/28/2013 3:27:19 AM
I believe that walking into a room and forgetting what you went in for etc are considered as minor epileptic fits by shrinks.
 try1more
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 4/28/2013 12:21:55 PM
"Er - why would you hide your passport in your washing machine?"

dishwasher was full ? :-)
 fleursky
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 5/5/2013 1:17:06 AM
Found the milk in the cupboard with the teabags this morning when I went to make a cuppa :S
 daver987654
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 5/5/2013 8:26:33 AM

yet you can get in the car with a migraine.

Luckily I don't get them anymore, not for 20 or more years. When I did, I couldn't walk never mind drive. A very dark and very quiet room usually for about 24 hours.
 try1more
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 5/5/2013 8:59:17 AM
my mother many years ago when they came to replace the carpet in my bedroom, much to her surprise discovered money under the old carpet.
confused as to how it got there,after all it was them that laid the carpet.
she had a long think about it and finally remembered, it was cash she had hidden when they were due to go away on holiday, that she didn't want to take with her.
must have been a good holiday :-)
it had been there so long the money was no longer in circulation, but the bank exchanged it, they usually will unless it's for a business.

edit:
as for migraine the effects are many and varied.
i suffered badly when younger i dont get them very often now.
i was not affected by light unlike my mother, and i had a degree of control over them (most of the time) mine were caused by blocked sinus so a change in ambient pressure could cause one, i could be driving (or riding a motorcycle) and simply going up a steep hill and or down one could trigger one.
i knew a guy that had them but never had a headache, he lost all ability to balance and as far as i recall he would throw up.
you could have been convinced he was drunk.
 daver987654
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 5/8/2013 6:45:33 AM
Just ten minutes ago, preparing my lunch, opened a tin of sweet corn, chucked the corn in the bin and put the tin on my plate. Doh!
 daver987654
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 5/9/2013 2:36:39 AM

Ive missed a flight because it was leaving at 8am not 8pm Doh!

I'd forgotten that one! Used to live in Norway and really looked forward to our holidays at home in Spain. Turned up to a very empty airport, no flights on the board.

We'd missed it by a week.

Was painful at the time but can laugh now. Instead of our budget break, we had to fly to Heathrow, stay with friends then a flight next day to Spain. Luckily the return was still valid.
 eve1962
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 5/9/2013 6:04:19 PM
I do the usual go upstairs, then think why did I come upstairs?

My Mum always took her dog to the shop with her and tied him up outside. One day she got back from the shop and we are like "Mum, where's Morgan". Mum - OMG - running back to the shop to see a poor bewildered black lab - with why did you leave me eyes.
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > do you sometimes get all confused and end up doing silly things?