Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > The Attraction Attraction      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 motown_cowgirl
Msg: 20
The Attraction AttractionPage 2 of 2    (1, 2)
Are we sometimes attracted to someone merely because they are attracted to us?
But having someone you have interest in that thinks you are the poo of all poo is VERY attractive.

^^^^^ i cracked up

i agree that "merely" doesn't do a thing for me. i'd be like, oh you like me?? so what. go away now.

chances, i'd agree with the underlying gist of your post that people are attracted to each other based on subconscious forces. but how that happens is as variable as the human mind itself.

The first time I ever noticed my ex-wife was when she said out loud "There's my future husband".

oh you're EASY. obviously, she should have said "There's my future ex-husband."
 Fleuron
Msg: 21
The Attraction Attraction
Posted: 5/1/2013 1:34:36 PM
Um…….you told a woman you’ve only known professionally that you had a dream about her? If a man said that to me I would assume he was hitting on me. Men don’t casually say that to women, at least not to me. Why would you do that in the first place? What did you think would happen?

Personally I’ve never suddenly been attracted to a man simply because he expressed an attraction to me.

Since it’s happened to you repeatedly maybe you’re just more open to it, or have difficulty making a real first move and go along with whoever starts it? You sound a bit placid and sort of easily influenced by others, to be honest. Also….a bit naïve. You keep going around telling women you’re dreaming about them, you just might get slapped.
 DoubleParked
Msg: 22
Posted: 5/1/2013 2:24:32 PM

: Here's what I've learned for real.

When you find someone who makes you feel thrilled just to be yourself, don't over think it.

The right person will eliminate all the angsty BS and just make you feel like you are exactly where you're supposed to be.

If you don't feel thrilled to be you, in this place, right now, then keep looking.

Iconoclast< That is profound. Thank you.
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 23
Posted: 5/1/2013 2:37:08 PM
Long ago, far away (and no links) saw a passel of studies claiming that if peeps were lead to think strangers somehow liked them, they rated those pictures higher (more attractive) than those with no "claimed" background. Stands to reason: we certainly like babies of all species because(?) we know they're going to like us. We also think they're alpha cute.
 sigungq
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 5/1/2013 3:50:08 PM
How much a woman is attracted me, is the number 1 turn on and attraction factor for me personally.
 monocryl
Msg: 25
Posted: 5/1/2013 7:34:19 PM

Human emotion doesn't spread like a flu bug.

Yes and no. Indifference is contagious. It's not true at all that someone's cold shoulder makes them more attractive or desirable - well, maybe true of 16 year-olds or people who watch too many chick flicks.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > The Attraction Attraction