Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Why do smokers feel they can just throw their cigarette butts anywher      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 hounddoug
Msg: 101
Why do smokers feel they can just throw their cigarette butts anywhere they want to? Page 5 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)

You are seriously NO FUN.

Sure I am, I'm a regular mushroom, I'm a fungi.

I don't believe that the smokers are all staying home and ordering pizza.

That was back when the by-law went into effect. The smokers accepted the law and returned to dining out.
 Hozo
Msg: 102
view profile
History
Why do smokers feel they can just throw their cigarette butts anywhere they want to?
Posted: 6/23/2013 9:51:06 PM

I never alluded to any study. Reread my comment, "I've heard" which would mean I've heard and nothing more from people who worked in the service industry and the time and this is what they said. Many of those establishments had regulars who probably smoked and they stopped coming to those restaurants once the by-law went in effect; and those customers tipped much better.

No studies, but some surveys. Here are a couple of links.

A recent survey of North American service workers rated the best tippers in this order:
(1) Other restaurant workers
(2) Regular customers, especially cigarette smokers
(3) Young male “wannabes”
(4) Small business owners
(5) Tavern owners
(6) Hairdressers
(7) Liquor salesmen
(8) Taxi drivers
(9) Salesmen
(10) Musicians.

http://www.bigsiteofamazingfacts.com/who-are-the-best-tippers-in-north-america-and-what-are-their-professions

...and this excerpt from an informal survey taken from the WaiterRant site:

-Non-smokers-

This is very old as I’ve been working in places other than restaurants since early 1992, but when I was there, the ardent non-smokers – those who complained if they could so much as see the smoking section – were the worst. In the normal sections, it was easy to average over 15% after tipouts to bar, busser, etc.; but in non-smoking maybe 12% at the most.

economybeat.org/consumers/who-are-the-worst-tippers/index.html

drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 103
view profile
History
Why do smokers feel they can just throw their cigarette butts anywhere they want to?
Posted: 6/24/2013 2:18:41 AM
Somebody know the truth of this? - I thought that smoking wasn't banned in restaurants etc (particular law depends on area?) but it was just deemed that restaurants have to have a seperate smoking section designed according to certain new criteria, the standards for the nature of the separation...so I always thought that no one should be blamed for "the new law" except the restaurant themselves, thinking that smoking isn't banned, but a restaurant has to structure the separation a certain way in order to allow smoking - which I happened to agree with my whole life, always thinking that it's so easy to have true separation and even clear air for both, but they just never do it.
 hounddoug
Msg: 104
Posted: 6/24/2013 4:28:50 AM

Somebody know the truth of this?

The truth is no smoking indoors. Period. A funny story I heard was when the by-law went into effect a by-law officer was preparing a ticket for woman smoking in a pub. A joint fell out of her purse while she was looking for her ID. The police officer who was there looked at the joint and then said to her, "The worst part is the fine for smoking is more than for possession of the joint."
 trinity818
Msg: 105
Posted: 6/24/2013 5:55:01 AM

One thing I've heard about non-smokers is they are cheap, lousy tippers. For the longest time, the only patrons in the restaurants were non-smokers when the no smoking by-laws went into effect here years ago, and serving staff in restaurants noticed a sharp decline in the tips.

lol.

That's the funniest thing I've read so far today. I can honestly state that my excessive tipping habits have not changed since I quit smoking 7 years ago.

I was never someone who would throw a butt on the ground. In times of severe drought, that is the most common cause of fires along the interstate highway. Idiots throwing their butts out of the car windows. And idiots is appropriate, when the fire warnings are very well publicized.
 L_LuuLuu
Msg: 106
view profile
History
Posted: 6/25/2013 3:58:28 PM

NO, the air belongs to EVERYONE. Please share it with consideration for others by not polluting it Thanks

Better tell that to all the people driving their vehicles and the corporation factories polluting the air daily. Fair is fair.

Which includes public transit and the "fumes" from buses.

Very good points made here.

Most of us gotta have cars and public transit to get to jobs -- earn $$$, build the economy, pay taxes, etc. Visit others, go to voting polls, transport merchandise, etc.

Gotta have factories to manufacture products (even cigarettes), give people jobs, etc.

Please tell me what useful purpose puffing a cigarette in someone else's face (and possibly making them sick) serves?

Please tell me what useful purpose giving yourself serious smoking-related illnesses serves?

Please tell me what useful purpose creating a huge drain on our already overloaded health care system serves?

Can't?

Didn't think so.
 hounddoug
Msg: 107
Posted: 6/25/2013 5:05:13 PM

Most of us gotta have cars and public transit to get to jobs -- earn $$$, build the economy, pay taxes, etc. Visit others, go to voting polls, transport merchandise, etc.

Gotta have factories to manufacture products (even cigarettes), give people jobs, etc.

Those are lame excuses so you and your life, and the desire to spend money on things you really don't need, are NOT inconvenienced. I suppose you also wouldn't like to see the end of those thing you mention, especially cars and factories, even though they are, according to experts, the MAJOR contributors of global warming.

Please tell me what useful purpose creating a huge drain on our already overloaded health care system serves?

It is important to point out that due to the massive tax on cigarettes

Taxes on cigarettes is something like 110% so smokers pay more than their share for health care.
 L_LuuLuu
Msg: 108
view profile
History
Posted: 6/25/2013 11:01:30 PM

is important to point out that due to the massive tax on cigarettes they give 8 times as much money to the NHS as the treatment of smoking related illnesses takes, so they are more than paying for the health care.

Oh, really? Then why is our health care system in such a financial crisis? Where did the tax money go? Oh I get it -- up in smoke!

Those are lame excuses so you and your life, and the desire to spend money on things you really don't need, are NOT inconvenienced. I suppose you also wouldn't like to see the end of those thing you mention, especially cars and factories, even though they are, according to experts, the MAJOR contributors of global warming.

Agreed! Food, clothing, shelter, medical necessities are indeed lame! Who needs a job? Who needs food? And BTW: who needs STUPID cigarette factories or stores that sell cigarettes? Or trash trucks to pick the cigarette butts up.

And who needs dumb old ambulances and hospitals to care for the smokers, anyway? Lame! Lame! Lame, I tells, ya!

We should all give up every fruit of our phylogenic repertoire and return to the existence of the humble caveman!
Can you imagine a world with no plumbing -- or birth control? Why not? They do it in parts of the 3rd world -- why not the whole world? (but of course, so many 3rd worlders are chopping down the rain forests to survive)

We should ALL go occupy wall street -- minus, of course, the tents, ipads and cell phones.

If modern conveniences are so unnecessary, let's all get off the internet. How would you like that?

---------

But, as of yet no one has come up with a useful purpose for contacting and spreading disease via cigarette smoke. OR clogging up the health care system with preventable illnesses caused by selfishness and addiction. No answers yet -- just red herrings.

But you can keep showing us your butts , all you like! (By that I mean CIGARETTE butts, of course.)
 hounddoug
Msg: 109
Posted: 6/26/2013 6:15:19 AM

Oh, really? Then why is our health care system in such a financial crisis? Where did the tax money go? Oh I get it -- up in smoke!

That's right. how'd you know? It's called miss-management by the governmental agencies that oversee the health care systems. And doctors have a lot of political clout and when they want more, they get it.

Agreed! Food, clothing, shelter, medical necessities are indeed lame! Who needs a job? Who needs food? And BTW: who needs STUPID cigarette factories or stores that sell cigarettes? Or trash trucks to pick the cigarette butts up.

No one would have to give up food, clothing, medical necessities, or even their jobs. What did you think people did before the automobile? And they did just fine. My mother grew up before the advent of indoor plumbing, and she and her siblings survived just fine.

You mention "selfishness and addiction" and that's what vehicles are because people are not willing to give up their precious cars or trucks or SUV's even if it means irreversable damage to the environment.

We now return you to the thread and its subject ...

But, are they being accused of littering? That seems to be the big question...

Great response and on topic.
 L_LuuLuu
Msg: 110
view profile
History
Posted: 6/26/2013 7:34:04 AM

You mention "selfishness and addiction" and that's what vehicles are because people are not willing to give up their precious cars or trucks or SUV's even if it means irreversable damage to the environment.

Well, you just can't argue with logic like that.....

We now return you to the thread and its subject ...

Lets do! Because you just can't argue with a Substance Abuser about his/her addictions.
 Hozo
Msg: 111
view profile
History
Posted: 6/26/2013 8:08:16 AM

“smoking is the largest single cause of preventable illness and premature death in the UK. It kills 106,000 people every year and costs the British taxpayer more than £1.7billion a year in treatment bills alone. It causes 84 per cent of deaths from lung cancer and 83 per cent of deaths from chronic obstructive lung disease, including
bronchitis”

C'mon Baby!!! Let's do the Statistics Twist!!

Hmm....smoking kills OVER 100,000 people per year in the UK! What a scourge! This is obscene!

Wait...only about 20% of the population smokes. How does this 106,000 number correlate with other death rate data? I am curious. Why is there not any other comparable data in this statement? It seems that 106,000 number is cherry-picked and trumpeted in order to further an agenda.

Let us see.......

Yes. This is another smoke-and-mirrors scare statistic that sound frightening when twisted to fit an agenda. I am astonished at the deceit shown by those who skew numbers, and the gullibility and stupidity of those who are duped by them.

OK, DO THE MATH:

*Total population in UK: about 62 million.

*20% of the population smoke = about 11-12 million smokers

*Total yearly deaths in UK: about 500,000

*Statistical smoking-related deaths per year: about 106,000

*106,000 smoking-related deaths = about 20% of all deaths....DUH..

20% of the population smoke, and they account for 20% of the deaths.
If that is the case, then...

NEWS FLASH:
20% OF DEATHS ARE THE 20% WHO SMOKE
80% OF DEATHS ARE THE 80% WHO DONT SMOKE

DUH. Using this logic, more people die from NOT smoking. LOL
If nobody smoked, then 0% of deaths would be caused by smoking,
and 100% of deaths would be caused by.....DEATH perhaps??
 hoopsnhikes
Msg: 112
Posted: 6/26/2013 3:23:04 PM

NEWS FLASH:
20% OF DEATHS ARE THE 20% WHO SMOKE
80% OF DEATHS ARE THE 80% WHO DONT SMOKE

DUH. Using this logic, more people die from NOT smoking.

Is there any data on the average age of death of the 20% vs the 80%?
 Hozo
Msg: 113
view profile
History
Posted: 6/26/2013 4:28:28 PM
Age does not seem to matter in this grouping of stats. All this shows is that, no matter what, if you ever touched a cigarette to your lips, you are deemed a smoking statistic whenever you die. Since you are a smoker, whatever you died from seems to be co-related or linked to smoking.
 Hozo
Msg: 114
view profile
History
Posted: 6/26/2013 4:44:10 PM

And besides, if these kids were to be fed, like, cereal and milk and fruit for breakfast instead of Arsenic and Benzene and Beryllium (a toxic metal) and 1,3–Butadiene (a hazardous gas) and Cadmium (a toxic metal) and Chromium (a metallic element) and Ethylene oxide and Nickel (a metallic element) Polonium-210 (a radioactive chemical element) and Vinyl chloride and Formaldehyde and Benzopyrene and Toluene, they would become obese. And THAT would hurt Britain.

Most of these "poisons" are in your everyday drinking water, along with a slew of others. They are also present in your child's cereal, the milk you pour atop it, and even the fruit you eat. They are present in the soil and groundwater and are absorbed from the ground by the plant. This is why tobacco leaves contain many of them, much like any other vegetation. Any vegetation that cattle eat or water they drink contains these compounds, which is also present in their meat and milk.

I live in a rural area with a groundwater well. My water is tested every 5 years. Here is a short list of major compounds present in my drinking water from a test done in 2011:

diclorothane
dibromoflouromethane
toluene
bromoflourobenzene
acetylene
strontium
barium
arsenic
manganese
ethylbenzene
ethane
bromide
sulfur
lead
magnesium
cadmium
mercury
radon

Glycol compounds are also in my water.....even traces of oil. This is typical Appalachian ground water that humans & animals have been drinking and fish have been swimming in for hundreds of thousands of years. If you live anywhere in North America, this is pretty much the composition of YOUR water, also.

Many of these are naturally occuring elements/compounds that are present in ground water, as they naturally occur. Even treated city tap water contains all these elements, plus the extra added benefits of a host of cancer-causing chlorine compounds, and other such municipal additives.

Here is a list of ALLOWABLE EPA carcinogens/contaminants that are present in your drinking water. You are unwittingly ingesting many of your listed of cigarette smoke 'poisons" multiple times per day with drinking water alone. You or your children will have less exposure to many of them by being outside in the open air surrounded by 10 smokers versus drinking your own tap water.

Disinfection Byproducts Contaminants in Drinking Water

Bromate- Increased risk of cancer
Byproduct of drinking water disinfection

Chlorite - Anemia; infants and young children: nervous system effects

Haloacetic acids - Increased risk of cancer

Total Trihalomethanes (TTHMs) - Liver, kidney or central nervous system problems; increased risk of cancer

Chlorine - Eye/nose irritation; stomach discomfort
Water additive used to control microbes

Chlorine dioxide (as ClO2) - Anemia; infants and young children: nervous system effects
Water additive used to control microbes

Inorganic Chemicals Contaminants in Drinking Water

Antimony - Increase in blood cholesterol; decrease in blood sugar
Discharge from petroleum refineries; fire retardants; ceramics; electronics; solder

Arsenic - Skin damage or problems with circulatory systems, and may have increased risk of getting cancer
Erosion of natural deposits; runoff from orchards, runoff from glass and electronicsproduction wastes

Asbestos (fiber > 10 micrometers) 7 million fibers per liter (MFL) - Increased risk of developing benign intestinal polyps
Decay of asbestos cement in water mains; erosion of natural deposits

Barium - Increase in blood pressure
Discharge of drilling wastes; discharge from metal refineries; erosion of natural deposits

Beryllium - Intestinal lesions
Discharge from metal refineries and coal-burning factories; discharge from electrical, aerospace, and defense industries

Cadmium - Kidney damage
Corrosion of galvanized pipes; erosion of natural deposits; discharge from metal refineries; runoff from waste batteries and paints

Chromium - Allergic dermatitis
Discharge from steel and pulp mills; erosion of natural deposits

Copper - Short term exposure: Gastrointestinal distress
Long term exposure: Liver or kidney damage
Corrosion of household plumbing systems; erosion of natural deposits

Cyanide (as free cyanide) - Nerve damage or thyroid problems
Discharge from steel/metal factories; discharge from plastic and fertilizer factories

Fluoride - Bone disease (pain and tenderness of the bones); Children may get mottled teeth
Water additive which promotes strong teeth; erosion of natural deposits; discharge from fertilizer and aluminum factories

Lead - Infants and children: Delays in physical or mental development; children could show slight deficits in attention span and learning abilities
Adults: Kidney problems; high blood pressure
Corrosion of household plumbing systems; erosion of natural deposits

Mercury (inorganic) - Kidney damage
Erosion of natural deposits; discharge from refineries and factories; runoff from landfills and croplands

Nitrate (measured as Nitrogen) - Infants below the age of six months who drink water containing nitrate in excess of the MCL could become seriously ill and, if untreated, may die. Symptoms include shortness of breath and blue-baby syndrome.
Runoff from fertilizer use; leaking from septic tanks, sewage; erosion of natural deposits

Selenium - Hair or fingernail loss; numbness in fingers or toes; circulatory problems
Discharge from petroleum refineries; erosion of natural deposits; discharge from mines

Thallium - Hair loss; changes in blood; kidney, intestine, or liver problems
Leaching from ore-processing sites; discharge from electronics, glass, and drug factories

Organic Chemicals Contaminants in Drinking Water

Acrylamide - Nervous system or blood problems; increased risk of cancer
Added to water during sewage/wastewater treatment

Alachlor- Eye, liver, kidney or spleen problems; anemia; increased risk of cancer
Runoff from herbicide used on row crops

Atrazine - Cardiovascular system or reproductive problems

Benzene - Anemia; decrease in blood platelets; increased risk of cancer
Discharge from factories; leaching from gas storage tanks and landfills

Benzo(a)pyrene (PAHs) - Reproductive difficulties; increased risk of cancer
Leaching from linings of water storage tanks and distribution lines

Carbofuran - Problems with blood, nervous system, or reproductive system
Leaching of soil fumigant used on rice and alfalfa

Carbon tetrachloride - Liver problems; increased risk of cancer
Discharge from chemical plants and other industrial activities

Chlordane - Liver or nervous system problems; increased risk of cancer
Residue of banned termiticide

Chlorobenzene - Liver or kidney problems
Discharge from chemical and agricultural chemical factories

2,4-D - Kidney, liver, or adrenal gland problems

Dalapon- Minor kidney changes
Runoff from herbicide used on rights of way

1,2-Dibromo-3-chloropropane (DBCP) - Reproductive difficulties; increased risk of cancer
Runoff/leaching from soil fumigant used on soybeans, cotton, pineapples, and orchards

o-Dichlorobenzene - Liver, kidney, or circulatory system problems
Discharge from industrial chemical factories

p-Dichlorobenzene - Anemia; liver, kidney or spleen damage; changes in blood

1,2-Dichloroethane zero - Increased risk of cancer

1,1-Dichloroethylene - Liver problems

cis-1,2-Dichloroethylene - Liver problems

trans-1,2-Dichloroethylene - Liver problems

Dichloromethane - Liver problems; increased risk of cancer
Discharge from drug and chemical factories

1,2-Dichloropropane - Increased risk of cancer

Di(2-ethylhexyl) adipate - Weight loss, liver problems, or possible reproductive difficulties.
Discharge from chemical factories

Di(2-ethylhexyl) phthalate - Reproductive difficulties; liver problems; increased risk of cancer
Discharge from rubber and chemical factories

Dinoseb - Reproductive difficulties
Runoff from herbicide used on soybeans and vegetables

Dioxin (2,3,7,8-TCDD) - Reproductive difficulties; increased risk of cancer
Emissions from waste incineration and other combustion; discharge from chemical factories

Diquat - Cataracts
Runoff from herbicide use

Endothall - Stomach and intestinal problems

Endrin - Liver problems
Residue of banned insecticide

Epichlorohydrin - TT8 Increased cancer risk, and over a long period of time, stomach problems
Discharge from industrial chemical factories; an impurity of some water treatment chemicals

Ethylbenzene - Liver or kidneys problems
Discharge from petroleum refineries

Ethylene dibromide - Problems with liver, stomach, reproductive system, or kidneys; increased risk of cancer
Discharge from petroleum refineries

Glyphosate - Kidney problems; reproductive difficulties

Heptachlor zero 0.0004 Liver damage; increased risk of cancer
Residue of banned termiticide

Heptachlor epoxide - Liver damage; increased risk of cancer
Breakdown of heptachlor

Hexachlorobenzene - Liver or kidney problems; reproductive difficulties; increased risk of cancer
Discharge from metal refineries and agricultural chemical factories

Hexachlorocyclopentadiene - Kidney or stomach problems
Discharge from chemical factories

Lindane - Liver or kidney problems
Runoff/leaching from insecticide used on cattle, lumber, gardens

Methoxychlor - Reproductive difficulties
Runoff/leaching from insecticide used on fruits, vegetables, alfalfa, livestock

Oxamyl (Vydate) - Slight nervous system effects
Runoff/leaching from insecticide used on apples, potatoes, and tomatoes

Polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs) - Skin changes; thymus gland problems; immune deficiencies; reproductive or nervous system difficulties; increased risk of cancer
Runoff from landfills; discharge of waste chemicals

Pentachlorophenol - Liver or kidney problems; increased cancer risk
Discharge from wood preserving factories

Picloram - Liver problems
Herbicide runoff

Simazine - Problems with blood
Herbicide runoff

Styrene - Liver, kidney, or circulatory system problems
Discharge from rubber and plastic factories; leaching from landfills

Tetrachloroethylene - Liver problems; increased risk of cancer
Discharge from factories and dry cleaners

Toluene 1 1 - Nervous system, kidney, or liver problems
Discharge from petroleum factories

Toxaphene - Kidney, liver, or thyroid problems; increased risk of cancer
Runoff/leaching from insecticide used on cotton and cattle

2,4,5-TP (Silvex) - Liver problems
Residue of banned herbicide

1,2,4-Trichlorobenzene - Changes in adrenal glands
Discharge from textile finishing factories

1,1,1-Trichloroethane - Liver, nervous system, or circulatory problems
Discharge from metal degreasing sites and other factories

1,1,2-Trichloroethane - Liver, kidney, or immune system problems

Trichloroethylene - Liver problems; increased risk of cancer
Discharge from metal degreasing sites and other factories

Vinyl chloride - Increased risk of cancer
Leaching from PVC pipes; discharge from plastic factories

Xylenes (total) - Nervous system damage
Discharge from petroleum factories; discharge from chemical factories

Radionuclides Contaminants in Drinking Water

Alpha particles - Increased risk of cancer
Erosion of natural deposits of certain minerals that are radioactive and may emit a form of radiation known as alpha radiation

Beta particles and photon emitters - Increased risk of cancer
Decay of natural and man-made deposits of certain minerals that are radioactive and may emit forms of radiation known as photons and beta radiation

Radium 226 and Radium 228 (combined) - Increased risk of cancer
Erosion of natural deposits

Uranium - Increased risk of cancer, kidney toxicity
Erosion of natural deposits

http://water.epa.gov/drink/contaminants/index.cfm#List
 hoopsnhikes
Msg: 115
Posted: 6/27/2013 7:09:40 PM

Age does not seem to matter in this grouping of stats.

I don't get what you mean by "age does not seem to matter in the grouping of stats." Do you mean that the average age of the 20% was the same as the 80%?

The quote you referenced mentioned smoking as a cause of "premature death", which would seem to indicate that age is an important part of what they're talking about.
 wolvesatthedoor
Msg: 116
Posted: 6/30/2013 12:07:05 PM
^^^^Great example and I agree!
 ForumsCreeper
Msg: 117
view profile
History
Posted: 9/6/2013 10:40:25 AM
As a smoker- Yes the butts shouldn't be tossed. When I do this, its because nowhere to put them. Its the DUH! factor of action/reaction. Take away ashtrays, then they have to be tossed. I have walked a fair distance to put out and throw a butt so it didn't go on the ground.

Here is my question, Why do I hear non smokers tell smokers "they stink" Eww you smell. How is that acceptable when I cant tell someone they smell of perfume or what ever? Think about that. Is it different because they are evil smokers? So the next time you walk by me and you smell, it might be me that tells you that you smell.
Then you will be offended. :)
 wolvesatthedoor
Msg: 118
Posted: 9/6/2013 12:48:36 PM
Does anyone know what was the last year a car was built with an ashtray? I remember that in some cases it and a lighter were an expensive option.
 Behind-Blue-Eyes_53
Msg: 119
Posted: 9/6/2013 1:36:12 PM
My 2005 Dodge Ram 2500 came with an ashtray and lighter.....For those that don't come stock, you can get a snuffer ashtray and lighter cheaper from the aftermarket, than paying for an optional one......

Doesn't matter to me, I haven't smoke in any of my cars/trucks since the '80s....
 Apostrophe7
Msg: 120
Posted: 9/6/2013 7:49:47 PM
I don't see what the big deal is. The sign said Fine for littering.
 CoolBreezez
Msg: 121
view profile
History
Posted: 9/7/2013 7:52:11 PM
^^^^^^
NO! Smokings entirely different.

Its like worse than plutonium. One molecule hits an unsuspecting nonsmokers eye and poof they're a goner.

It cause global warming or possibly cooling- think of the polar bears!

The cigarette butts have a half life of 1-10000 years and birds could swallow them and become addicted zombies!

Smoking leads to lewd and lascivious behavior, promiscuity beastiality and rock music
Darn evil smokers
(Sarcasm off)

Everyone should take heart- its been shown that smokers actual save society money
See

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/health/2009-04-08-fda-tobacco-costs_N.htm

Hurray!
 hounddoug
Msg: 122
Posted: 9/8/2013 2:52:10 PM

Are you serious?? You're conflating smoke carcinogens with perfume?

Actually, many many people suffer from severe migraine headaches from the perfume worn by others. Are they to be discounted because you as an individual like the scent of perfume on a woman?
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 123
view profile
History
Posted: 9/8/2013 4:52:55 PM
Hey! I like perfume on a woman. It might give me a headache, but not the kind that ya'll are talking about.
 hounddoug
Msg: 124
Posted: 9/8/2013 9:35:31 PM

So your point..... isn't one.

Actually I did make a point which had nothing to do with cigarettes and whether they can kill you, it was about severe migraines caused by perfumes. But like all the other non-smokers in this thread you discount anything that is not in line with your thinking.
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 125
view profile
History
Posted: 9/9/2013 3:30:31 AM
Hey, myself, for this thread I'd say forget about arguing about the goods and bads of smoking, and the hostilities between smokers and nonsmokers, and whether or not butts are harmful being here or there, etc...but just don't throw the damned butts anywhere you feel like. It's not that hard to not do so. It's littering, and lazy, period. Don't throw the butts on the ground. Don't throw the taco bell wrapper on the ground. Put your shopping cart up already instead of leaving it beside someone else's car or up on the curb already. Don't toss your trash into the bed of someone's truck. It's not that damned hard. Places should provide ashtrays/cans, but you don't need one. Putting a few drops of liquid on a butt and putting it into some waste disposal, or making sure it's completely out some other way and doing something else with it is easy. So cut that crap out.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Why do smokers feel they can just throw their cigarette butts anywhere they want to?