Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ellymyosotis
Msg: 16
view profile
History
My first POF date - a Steep Learning CurvePage 2 of 2    (1, 2)
Though I am pretty new to this site (and not had a date here yet) I have used the internet and back in the old days teletext dating.

You cannot judge one person by anothers behaviour. You can only learn what you need for you to improve the situation.
 steve_59uk
Msg: 19
My first POF date - a Steep Learning Curve
Posted: 5/9/2013 8:46:20 AM
Haha Loved reading this but like some others say there are loads of really nice guys who cant get a date so please be grateful that guys are showing an intrest in you...Good Luck.
 daver987654
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 5/9/2013 9:46:08 AM
All the females seem to be looking for a genuine guy as we are looking for genuine females. I was going to post to say that most of the women I have met through POF have been perfectly normal but just that we didn't click.

But then I started to replay in my mind all the dates I've had, probably about 20-30 or so, and then realised that most had issues I could never overcome.

The woman who sent me a photo of herself in a size 10 wetsuit but turned up and was at least 20 stone. The woman who didn't smoke who must have been standing in a chimney breast if she didn't. The woman who rescued a dog from Cyprus and couldn't leave it for more than an hour even with dog sitters. The woman who was only interested in finding a partner to get married to before her ex married his new beau. The one who lied about her age by ten years or more. The one who never answered my calls or texts the day after we had decided where to go for our holidays. And three who had unknowingly?? married gay men (there's a few stories there).
 DAFT_DOG
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 5/9/2013 9:53:59 PM
"PS - where are all the nice ones hiding then?"

All the nice ones are sitting here watching the bad lads get picked hahahaha :O)
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  >