Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 daver987654
Msg: 36
view profile
History
If you are really remorseful for murder, do you deserve some compassion?Page 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
Minimum 38 years for Hazell before he can apply for parole. That will take him up to 75 before he can think of getting out.

Should have been a whole life tariff to protect other potential victims in the future.
 Chuzz16
Msg: 40
view profile
History
If you are really remorseful for murder, do you deserve some compassion?
Posted: 5/14/2013 8:01:35 AM
The only good thing he has done is to finally admit it to save the family going through anymore hell,

I'm not even sure if he admitted it to save the family, or to save everyone from knowing even more of the facts of what he did to the poor little mite, and therefore saving himself. Maybe there was even more to be told and he just didn't want it all to come out.

I do wonder what goes through these twisted minds.

I'm afraid when I read the letter, my thoughts were he was only concerned with himself.

It doesn't bear thinking about does it? I can't even begin to imagine the hell that they now have to live with. I can't think of many things that could come close to that kind of pain.
vvv
 Chuzz16
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 5/14/2013 8:57:55 AM
^^^^^

I had the odd clip when I was a child. Only now and again and never in real anger.

When I had my son, the last thing I would have wanted to do was hit him, slap him, clip him (whatever you want to call it) and I never have.

My mum used to tell me I would have 'trouble' with him, cause she thought he wouldn't learn right from wrong without a little 'tap' now and again.

Over the years there have been many times in my life where I wished I had 'listened to Mother', but that wasn't one of them.

I didn't feel the need to smack, swear or shout, but to listen, talk, reason, respect and love him. I'm happy to say it has paid off.

Sorry to also stray from the op.
 GeordieColin
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 5/14/2013 4:03:20 PM
It may seem pretty callous but how many are attracted to bad boys ? Too often it is a case of like attracts like. First he was with her mum then her gran got involved with him. It seemed like he was excepted by a number of the family despite his record and reputation.
Just because a person had a raw deal from an early age it does not justify what they become as a mature adult .
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  >