Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > moving in after 3 days...can it really succeed?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 The_Whole_of_the_Moon
Msg: 26
moving in after 3 days...can it really succeed?Page 2 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)

I had someone move in with me after a month

Let me move in for a month and I'll become a lifelong Eskimos fan. Damned if I'll cheer for the Oilers though.
 QT3.18
Msg: 27
moving in after 3 days...can it really succeed?
Posted: 5/10/2013 10:15:08 PM

Let me move in for a month and I'll become a lifelong Eskimos fan. Damned if I'll cheer for the Oilers though.

You WILL cheer for the Oilers, and YOU WILL LIKE IT!!!! :P
 The_Whole_of_the_Moon
Msg: 28
Posted: 5/10/2013 10:20:56 PM
^^^^^^
I stand corrected.
 Drawesome32
Msg: 29
Posted: 5/10/2013 10:32:25 PM
One of the most rewarding relationships I've ever had all began with a girl who moved in with me the first day we met. Stranger things have happened.
 Pinky127
Msg: 30
Posted: 5/10/2013 10:38:16 PM
Op,presumabley she's a grown woman and can do whatever she likes.
There's less than a 1% chance it will work but she wont appreciate your interference so dont say anything more on the subject.
When it doesn't work out,you can say "Told you so!"
Well,not really ...............but you cant do anything about it.
*shrug*
 Casper66
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 5/11/2013 2:17:05 AM
You have done what you can as a friend by voicing your concerns, she is an adult and has to make her own choices and deal with the consequences of those actions, don't dwell on the issue it will just reinforce her behaviour and she will resent you over time. Anything is possible so I wouldn't rule out that it could work out, but I think you would have better odds winning the lottery.
 curlygrl
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 5/11/2013 2:30:00 AM
If It Works then Great For Them.

This Isn't Something New Or Impossible Or Even
Stupid. It Just Is.

I Know Couples After A Week Of Knowing Each
Other Marry. All Turned Out Fine.

Just Let Her Go.

Who Are You To air Her Personal Shit Here. You Are
LooKing For People Who Have The Same Doom Mindset. You Found Them.

Who Cares If It Succeeds. If She Is Happy Then Let Them Be. They Can Figure It Out.
 motown_cowgirl
Msg: 33
Posted: 5/11/2013 4:31:16 AM
IMO though there is a world of difference between having sex on the first date and moving in together after 3 days.

Just to defy your logic for a second.... I can always kick a guy out at the end of the week if I'm bored or he isn't making himself sufficiently useful. Abusive?? Pffft, that's a good way to get shot ("Stop bleeding on my carpet!!!" *kick*). But if we had sex on the 1st date and he gave me an STD, it's probably something that's gonna last (potentially a lot) longer than 3-7 days.

The possible negative effect on the person's life increases a great deal more from him living there rather than from sex on the first date.

Not if he's cutting my lawn and fixing my barn. Get to work you sonofabitch.
 dmzvisitor
Msg: 34
Posted: 5/11/2013 4:53:56 AM
It is not your job to rescue your friend.

Maybe pick smarter friends?
 jan1025
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Posted: 5/11/2013 6:43:50 AM
Moving in after 3 days...can it really succeed?

Very doubtful it would work; due to the reasons out of the NEED he is offering.

She’s got her head in the clouds and he’s the airplane flying by….

Dumb, dumb, dumb.

Sorry, that you have to sit there and watch her world go upside down…

I give 10% that it will work more than a year. It really depends on how much her heart rules her brain, and the way it looks she likes to take a chance of a leap that will offer her little opportunity to save herself from a fall based on a NEED from a complete stranger.

Tell her to read this thread, it’s the only thing you can do to help her at this point, because she isn't going to listen to anybody and walk right off the cliff!

Sigh, what we do for love....

Jan
 dobbie101
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Posted: 5/11/2013 6:45:27 AM
You go to a bar...meet a woman...or man...you kiss...you cuddle...you end up totally enjoying each others' bodies. You have shared more than just the body. You have touched spirits. Whether or not you agree with this is completely immaterial to me. The simple reality is that touching of the spirits/souls is a sacredness that cannot be undone.
OP I wonder if your friend is not acting out of a slightly different motivation. Perhaps you are misunderstanding both context and concept.
It is not so long ago that mail order brides were the status quo...well almost...for lonely men in far away places and there were no psych. profiles or photographs to base any naive perceptions on. Folks met...they learned to love one another, and yes, many fell by the wayside...but many did not.
You state that he was a troll...where did this knowledge come from? What is the truth here? Is your friend so faithful and trusting in you that she would confide all of these details with you and for you to hold that knowledge in trust? Then you broadcast your concerns to all and sundry, possibly where she can see your postings; how misplaced her trust was.Your friendship and support is far more important than your having little guilt trips and anxieties. Tell you friend about your concerns. then get out of the way.. If it falls by the wayside....be there to make the coffee and hand over the tissues.
 bmore_goat
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Posted: 5/11/2013 6:54:44 AM
Relax. It will all go pear-shape in a few months and then you can be there for her to cry on your shoulders until she meet another homeless jerk/poor with a big crank.

Or you can have your own life, maybe start dating so you wont give a dman about friends that do incredibly stupid things.
 jlynn1955
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Posted: 5/11/2013 7:25:42 AM
^^^^^what bmore said
 dpwesu
Msg: 39
Posted: 5/11/2013 7:27:14 AM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

+2
 jlynn1955
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Posted: 5/11/2013 8:44:23 AM
Motown...sure..there are exceptions to every rule.
sometimes married men do divorce their wives to marry the other woman. some times addicts can quit any time they want. sometimes the check is in the mail. sometimes they do respect you in the morning....
still doesn't make it a good idea..
hey, when he gets through with your lawn and barn send him over. I have things that need to be fixed, too!
 Stubidooo
Msg: 41
Posted: 5/11/2013 9:01:42 AM

Can it succeed? Of course not.

The vast majority of people on dating sites are SO jaded. It's truly sad.

While so many women profess the desire to have a whirlwind romance and be swept off their feet, attitudes like the above will always prevent that from happening. Can't you see that?

The couple in question has as good a shot as any other and a much better chance than folks who are alone because they won't take a chance on someone.
 Maleman999
Msg: 42
Posted: 5/11/2013 9:15:47 AM
The notion of someone moving in so quickly as a bad idea seems to blow the law of dating many women live by: the law of instant chemistry-where women see sparks and fireworks and know in a fraction of a second if the guy she just met is most likely the One. Then there's love at first sight. Maybe either one or both had something to do with it.
 jlynn1955
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 5/11/2013 9:20:36 AM
Stubidoo is right. those who take chances have better odds of getting what they won't than those who don't. It's up to your friend. If it works for her, cool. If it doesn't, then be there to help opick up the pieces-and do not say I told you so. I've said it before and I'll say it again: the worst thing in life is not death. The worst thing in life is not living.
Besides, here we are---using an online dating site to meet people who are strangers to us. People are gonna do what they are gonna do...

(for those that care---while some women do want the whirlhind swept off their feet kinda thing, I am more of a slow and steady wins the race kinda person...yeah yeah I know...dull...but that's how it goes. Have never believed in "THE ONE" or love at first sight)

Out of curiosity...what happens if you clean the toilet with bleach and ammonia at the same time?
 Midwest_Southwest
Msg: 44
Posted: 5/11/2013 9:43:56 AM
Who knows?
But you might want to suggest that she move her valuables and financial and legal docs to a friend’s or family’s home until she knows the guy. There's no reason the guy would even have to know she did.
 John255317
Msg: 45
Posted: 5/11/2013 9:44:28 AM
Sorry but this is a story that will have a bad ending. Knowing someone for 3 days and moving in? This guy had said to her that if he didn't find a place in a week he would have to move. He is immediately sending out the vibe and manipulation that is playing on her emotions that she better act quickly or he is out of there. Basically an ultimatum to her. He sees an opening and sees how she feels and plays the card he wants to play. This is a story that could actually be a really scary and terrible one.
 theanswerguy2
Msg: 46
Posted: 5/11/2013 11:22:34 AM

Out of curiosity...what happens if you clean the toilet with bleach and ammonia at the same time?

You get an extremely clean toilet and burning lungs.
 Maleman999
Msg: 47
Posted: 5/11/2013 11:34:25 AM

Basically his ex is kicking him out in a week and he needs a place to go because he's too poor to get a room locally even though he has a job.

This is the shady part of the story. Is this ex his wife or girlfriend? If he and his ex jointly own a home, how can he be kicked out with a week's notice with no place to live? Or is it a case of moving from a woman's home to another woman's home, and getting kicked out of their homes? If he's working, he could at least afford a room somewhere until he gets established. But if the girlfriend is willing to overlook all of this, there's nothing to do or say and let the chips fall where they may. There's always the chance he'll make up with the ex and move back in with her.
 _babblefish
Msg: 48
Posted: 5/11/2013 11:37:59 AM

you make a toxic gas called chloramine . . and no, it's not mustard gas, it will however make your lungs
feel like they were fisted

O_O
 Debisusanne
Msg: 49
Posted: 5/11/2013 11:43:37 AM
If she JUST met this guy.. then she IS a complete idiot. If he is a local guy she has seen around.. heard about. Know his friends.. Then.. eh.. then its 10% less stupid.

I met my ex husband when i was 21.. and moved in a week later. But i was friends with his best friend. And he had the option to throw me out at anytime. I would NEVER do this again.

IF this relationship doesnt fly, how easy will it be for her to get him evicted? She can throw all his sh!t on the lawn(there is not much).

Men who fall from relationship to relationship are not good bets. I mean.. she is sounding freakin' desperate!
 m8t
Msg: 50
Posted: 5/11/2013 11:47:45 AM
From the outside looking in, this sounds like a horror flick waiting for the ending.
However we never really do know quite how relationships will evolve for others.
Im going to be an eternal optomist when it comes to chemistry.
Who are are we, a bunch of strangers, to say it wont work?

I agree with the poster that said stranger things do happen.
At least they are willing to try, even if its against better judgement.
Some happiness to be found is better than none.
People do win the lottery sometime,
though the odds are against it.

Life is too short for some to just sit there and watch. They choose to live it.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > moving in after 3 days...can it really succeed?