Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Things men and women don’t know about each other?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Fleuron
Msg: 26
Things men and women don’t know about each other?Page 2 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
Comfort bra is an oxymoron.
I don’t care who he dated before me, and I certainly wouldn’t stalk other women in order to judge myself. Psycho, in so many ways.
I don’t eat desserts and especially not half of his leftovers. Gross.
I don’t notice every stitch in a pair of men’s jeans but I notice what’s in them.
I don’t expect or require a card with a gift….? That’s just weird.
I always keep my legs smooth.
When I have a man I’m not sleeping alone.
He makes the first move.

How ironic number one is “no two of us are the same.”

This doesn’t sound like a poll to me….it sounds like an article written by one woman who’s into Facebook stalking.

11 - We appreciate it when you give us fashion advice. Tell us what to wear, shop for us—we won't complain.

Fashion advice? That’s hilarious! I don’t believe a man wrote that.
My experience has been that men “won’t complain,” because they don’t give a damn.
 WHITEROSEFOREVER
Msg: 27
Things men and women don’t know about each other?
Posted: 5/16/2013 5:17:31 PM
for every tear you see her cry times it by ten for the ones she never shows you.
oh and by the way, i always shave my legs, whether i am dating or not. there is no excuse for a healthy woman to let herself go.
 m8t
Msg: 28
Posted: 5/16/2013 5:52:48 PM
Let herself go? I rarely shave my legs (usually just for the beach), and always wear sexy under garments.
I was raised to believe that all women do this, by a European mother. So I might be a tad off of the American norm as an adult. A difference in cultures will show men over seas prefer some curves.
 Vannili
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 5/16/2013 6:54:30 PM
Msg.1:

OMG!!!! Seriously, are those quotes really came from the mind of a million wo/men ????
Well, what do I know I came from a Pacific Island, and I don't follow the mind of another wo/man
on how I deal with my S O , who cares, if the commode seat is up or down, and why would I want to have other guys to check me out?? that is sick...

A woman doesn't need to know about men, she only need to know one man and that is her man.
by keeping her mouth shut and listening to his words, body language, facial/eyes expression, she will know him like the back of her hand...
Posted: 5/16/2013 8:12:20 PM
Well, I done been to a hippie commune where clothing is completely optional, and women shaving their legs is optional too...so I think I'm ready for the full spectrum there, can't be shocked. Or maybe I'm scared and traumatized, ain't figured it out yet.
 KatarzynaLuiza
Msg: 31
Posted: 5/17/2013 4:58:37 AM
That's a good one its definitely describes me except number 13 bc I since my last LTR I don't sleep good. I hate sleeping alone. But it is right on.
 funny4uwannatry
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 5/17/2013 5:17:25 AM
There are only a couple I agree with.. I like men to make the first move and I do notice the jeans.. As for eating his dessert.. yuck.. not shaving my legs.. never happens. Expecting a card.. no, I always think its the thought that counts. If I wanted to sleep alone, I would stay single.

Every woman is unique, just as every man is. I think the best way to find out each other's likes and dislikes is to simply ask.

It was a fun read though.
 lostnfoundluv
Msg: 33
Posted: 5/17/2013 6:26:11 AM
good teaching for someone who have no clue about human behaviour . but the fun of living life is still discovering about your significant other's quirky behaviour when you thought you knew it all !
 jlynn1955
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 5/17/2013 7:31:37 AM
The comments just prove what we already knew...that none of us think exactly alike. That's what makes life frustrating and fun. Especially, when we are talking about something that has no "wrong" or "right" answer. There are people who can get their knickers in a twist over the strangest things.
 cooldog65
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Posted: 5/17/2013 8:07:51 AM
13. We're hungry and we're horny. Feed me and fu*k me!

@m8t: You're one of the pervy/kinky ones? Funny how you always end up under me.
 m8t
Msg: 36
Posted: 5/17/2013 8:10:47 AM
^ Are you sure you want to post that with all the (some pervy) women on this site reading you?
 gtomustang
Msg: 37
Posted: 5/17/2013 8:14:09 PM
since you asked, LG2727...SOME guys like the railskinnies b/c fashion chooses them. Clothing designers want "clothes hangers" to model the clothes with no distracting curves.

SOME guys see that and think, "wow, she's on a runway, that must be the type of girl I need to have on my arm!" And so, monkey see, monkey do. Some people just don't want the effort of thinking for themselves.

tho, to be fair, some skinny-minnies have more confidence as a result of the attention, and that can be attractive to either sex. I work w/ a bag of bones who has a sweet personality and brains, and that makes her attractive in a general sense...but I would rather they be located in a curvy body (hey, I'm a guy who can quote the lyrics from the Go-Go's "Throw Me A Curve.") so she won't be worrying about me dating her. my first gf was skinny, and cuddling w/ her was a literal pain. the only bone I want to feel in bed is my own :)

everyone has their own preferences, that's how natural selection works.
 barnabyjames1
Msg: 38
Posted: 5/18/2013 1:16:44 AM
What in the bloody blue hell does "truefulness" mean?
 senseandspirit
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Posted: 5/18/2013 7:49:15 AM

(msg 41) Pure confidence is an illusion. Every time we face rejection, it erodes our confidence.

When you believe such a concept, that is what you will manifest.
When you learn to not take rejection (in whatever form it occurs) personally, your confidence, by consequence of this mental action, will build up accordingly.
 Vannili
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Posted: 5/18/2013 8:34:55 AM

I kinda like those sports bras,have a couple myself. I hate how part of a conventional bra digs into my skin,
kinda hurts. And a sport bra keeps everything from moving around too much, that hurts too when that happens.

I did not know that a man wear bra, but if the do, may I suggest that they get a bra that is snug ,they have to measure their chest around so they know what is the proper size for them.

FYI> womens' breast jiggles ,beause it is fat, while men's chest is made of muscles.. Oh don't take my word maybe
I am wrong, some men their breast is like a papaya, but I have not seen one yet.... lol
 the_biggavell
Msg: 41
Posted: 5/18/2013 1:07:26 PM
-We dont like you. A horrible creature is wrapped around what we do like, ****.
-If im happy, im prone to doing things that make you happy. It trickles down.
-Off the bat, we want some ass, and we'll lie, and plan and wait to get it.
-off the bat , we want some ass, and if you are cool about it, think about relationships.
-we'll get sex before you get love
 4ms4me
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Posted: 5/18/2013 1:21:27 PM
Those lists look like something I'd find posted on my FB feed from one of my many female relatives between the ages of 13 and 16. Are you saying this was posted in a magazine or article directed toward adults?

1 - No two of us are the same:

should be the only item on both lists, IMO.
 bmore_goat
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 5/19/2013 3:17:59 PM

We don't necessarily need a man cave, we just want to be consulted before you decorate our shared space.

There is no way in hell a man wrote this.
Posted: 5/19/2013 3:45:17 PM
Hahaha! I knew it'd be fun to post that list, cause it's so wacky in some respects as a whole.
 ReadBeforeWriting
Msg: 45
Posted: 5/19/2013 11:13:48 PM
bmore goat, indeed.
Another ridiculous article from a women's magazine written by a woman who has zero knowledge nor instinctual ability to please a male. The type who give coupons for a BJ to be redeemed only on the male's birthday.
 gtomustang
Msg: 46
Posted: 5/22/2013 9:54:13 AM
and now for the one guys wish SOME women knew--and forgot to add to this list:

if you post pictures of your ass, two photos looking down your cleavage, and otherwise want to make certain a man knows exactly what your body looks like....you WILL get horny guys doing what they can to let you know how horny your photos make them.

Do you deserve it? no. Are you asking for it? yes. you want guys to know what your body looks like...why? don't you offer more than that? then show it in the photos, taken while you're doing whatever it is you offer.

if you don't want sleazy emails, don't put up sleazy photos. :)
Posted: 5/22/2013 10:38:37 AM
^ A problem here is that it's often accompanied with a lack of very much written in the profile, or nothing at all, or just generic jibber jabber. Those are the ones whose thinking is that their appearance/body defines who they are, what they're worth, or what they have to offer to a man/relationship - It's all about the pictures, but nothing else really. A very high percentage of female's profiles are like this, which doesn't match up with a woman's complaint that men don't read the profile but instead only looks at their pictures...when there's nothing to read in the first place, profile after profile, what can you do? Then there's the other extreme, where there's either no pic or pics which give you no real idea who they are, because the ones in question have the belief that a picture is only about how sexy you are but no other information, or that withholding good pics somehow lets you "get to know who they really are".
 Misguided_Old_Mule
Msg: 48
Posted: 5/22/2013 2:49:36 PM

A very high percentage of female's profiles are like this, which doesn't match up with a woman's complaint that men don't read the profile but instead only looks at their pictures...
Are you saying that the women with nothing to read are the same women complaining about non-reading of profiles? I find that a little hard to believe (but only a little).

I've mainly seen this complaint coming from women who get asked questions in the opening volley to which the answer does already appear in the profile. It's not a good way to begin.

when there's nothing to read in the first place, profile after profile, what can you do?
You can read their profile selection boxes, text, and photo captions before writing them, to make sure you don't inadvertently give the impression you didn't care what they wrote.
Posted: 5/22/2013 3:51:38 PM
Cocoa_Channelle:

No, I'm not saying that the women with nothing to read in their profiles are necessarily the same as those who complain about men who don't read their profiles.

Yes, men can, and should, read profile selection boxes, text, and photo captions.
 artist10
Msg: 50
Posted: 5/22/2013 4:46:55 PM
My first reaction to the OP was, "What bozo presumes to characterize ME with these generalizations?" But then I realized I was allowing my own insecurities to override the humor of it. Still, on the serious side of the OP after 21 years of marriage then dating off and on, I've come to realize that many relationships are based on tolerance. What can you tolerate? What can you not tolerate? But... that's just my opinion, and what works (or doesn't) for me.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Things men and women don’t know about each other?