Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Things men and women don’t know about each other?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
Things men and women don’t know about each other?Page 3 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
Cocoa_Channelle:

No, I'm not saying that the women with nothing to read in their profiles are necessarily the same as those who complain about men who don't read their profiles.

Yes, men can, and should, read profile selection boxes, text, and photo captions.
 artist10
Msg: 50
Things men and women don’t know about each other?
Posted: 5/22/2013 4:46:55 PM
My first reaction to the OP was, "What bozo presumes to characterize ME with these generalizations?" But then I realized I was allowing my own insecurities to override the humor of it. Still, on the serious side of the OP after 21 years of marriage then dating off and on, I've come to realize that many relationships are based on tolerance. What can you tolerate? What can you not tolerate? But... that's just my opinion, and what works (or doesn't) for me.
 GJBrown
Msg: 51
Posted: 6/2/2013 5:33:45 PM
Men won't know why an young very attractive woman would be on a dating site
That women won't know which 1 out of a billion messages to reply to
 platypus_man
Msg: 52
view profile
History
Posted: 6/3/2013 1:20:59 PM
Mens' list number 5. Doesn't speak for all men. Some of us DO like rail thin women. There really is someone for every body type, but as you get to the extremes, there are fewer of us, and as obesity has almost become the norm, there simply aren't enough guys who are turned on by really fat women so that every fat woman can have one, just as there aren't enough women who like unemployed men so that all unemployed men can have one. Try to fit into the middle somewhere.
 scottey63
Msg: 53
view profile
History
Posted: 6/4/2013 10:34:03 AM
Here's one more thing women don't know about men: No, we do not want to go shopping with you. Do that with your women friends.
 Hands of gold
Msg: 54
view profile
History
Posted: 6/23/2013 7:39:27 AM

1 - We don't necessarily need a man cave, we just want to be consulted before you decorate our shared space.

6 - When our favorite team loses, we just need some space and a little time to grieve.

These two are related. To expand on this it also means give us time to watch our favourite team, even if it isn't in my man cave or our living room. And I may come home smelling like beer. Or there may be men shouting and going outside to smoke cigars and the kids may learn a new word if the team is losing. But this event makes us happy and satisfies our needs for freedom and belonging.

11 - We appreciate it when you give us fashion advice. Tell us what to wear, shop for us—we won't complain.

You can never go wrong when you make clothing every gift you give to me. I know some guys are fine doing their own shopping, but not most. Learn our size or do the leg work to find good pieces, then call and we will try it on.

10 - Sometimes we're in a bad mood just because: It's not "that time of the month," so don't ask. Our feelings are complicated and not completely subject to our hormones.

I am well aware of the don't ask part, because often they don't know why. They just know they are in a bad mood. But this doesn't give women carte blanche to act out in raging, unacceptable ways, only to apologize later and blame their mood or hormones. I know I am being a bit harsh, but have enough anecdotal evidence to know it is real.
 the_biggavell
Msg: 55
Posted: 6/23/2013 3:05:15 PM
Women need to know that men are gatekeepers for relationships-- you gotta be loveable, and not leaveable at the same time!
Women are the gatekeepers to sex..
But you dont get love and relationships, before a man gets sex, which is why its vital you learn to be loveable.. because initially, you are
NOT, you are leaveable.

Your **** drives your whole existance when it comes to relationships, because your so used to guys hitting on you just to get it, you become arrogant, and foolish.---before you learn to be loveable.
 Maleman999
Msg: 56
Posted: 6/23/2013 3:25:22 PM
Something that can apply to either sex is: If a couple is engaged and one of the partners asks for a pre-nup, that does not mean that the person is planning to divorce you later. This would mostly apply to middle age people and older who have built up a nest egg and have assets over their lifetime, or someone who is a lot wealthier than the other person. A lot of people would say no to a pre-nup, because they assume the other person is planning a divorce before it happens. It's like getting car insurance. You don't plan on getting in a car accident, but it's there in case you do.
 Luthion
Msg: 57
view profile
History
Posted: 6/24/2013 5:12:44 AM
1 - No two of us are the same.

This is the only sentence in that whole document that matters.

Everyone is an individual, and nobody is defined by their gender.

I laugh every time I see a post about how "all men are like that" or "all women are like that". It seems depressingly naive to me.

I'm honest. I'm stable. I'm faithful. I'm reliable and romantic. I'm smart and observant and empathetic. I'm flawed but genuine. I don't sleep around, I don't cheat on people. I don't make excuses when I do things wrong. Reading these forums, you'd think women believe that men like don't exist anymore, that we're all users and ***hole. But it would also be naive of me to assume that just because these women are bitter, all women think that way.

Treat everyone you meet as a new person. Learn who they are, and don't judge.
 Theme_Pack
Msg: 58
Posted: 6/24/2013 5:20:42 AM
I hate it when I hop in the shower...only to discover every bar of soap is made for defoliating!!!!
 forums1
Msg: 59
Posted: 6/24/2013 5:37:59 AM
I hate it when I hop in the shower...only to discover every bar of soap is made for defoliating!!!!

I've never actually seen a bar of soap made to take the leaves off trees. What brand is that?

de·fo·li·ate
v. de·fo·li·at·ed, de·fo·li·at·ing, de·fo·li·ates
v.tr.
1. To deprive (a plant, tree, or forest) of leaves.
2. To cause the leaves of (a plant, tree, or forest) to fall off, especially by the use of chemicals.
v.intr.
To lose foliage.

... Unless of course you meant soap to exfoliate, which is entirely different, and quite common?

ex·fo·li·ate
v. ex·fo·li·at·ed, ex·fo·li·at·ing, ex·fo·li·ates
v.tr.
1. To remove (a layer of bark or skin, for example) in flakes or scales; peel.
2. To cast off in scales, flakes, or splinters.
v.intr.
To come off or separate into flakes, scales, or layers.

... women frequently use the latter, I don't think I've ever heard of them using the former (if it even exists) in the shower.
 Theme_Pack
Msg: 60
Posted: 6/24/2013 5:40:14 AM
^^^^^Its a joke wise guy I'm sure most people can figure out what I'm saying.........
 WittyMinute
Msg: 61
Posted: 7/14/2013 10:54:22 AM
I think it was meant to be tongue in cheek, pithy, sardonic and silly -- and perhaps one or two applied to you either literally or figuratively.

The only one that I find absolutely true is the one about the Jeans. It's true for me. I judge by shoes too. That's just me.

It's funny that it is being taken so seriously. A humorous writer, that through humor draws you to consider their ideas is quite a catch to me overall. Oh, the biggest one for me? "A shared sense of humor"...
 NtvNtv
Msg: 62
Posted: 7/15/2013 5:17:19 PM
Message 23 and 59 ....that's funny...LOL.

Why is it that men don't like shopping?

PS.

Addition to women's list.....In the shower, I like using HIS razor to shave my legs...cuz his razor's are much better : ) then I put it back.

Great thread : )
 couldbeunme
Msg: 63
Posted: 8/10/2013 9:49:32 PM
#12) It's true...works well both ways.. ;)
 newoldgirl2
Msg: 64
Posted: 8/11/2013 10:25:06 PM
The jeans matter.

A couple of pairs in the more recent cut and wash go a long way to showing that a guy still cares how he looks. Nothing makes a dude look old like "dad jeans".

White runners with jeans? No. Just no.
 AnEvilGenius1
Msg: 65
Posted: 8/11/2013 11:28:22 PM

Oh my God...I found that list repellent.
The only thing on it to which I can relate is "we want you to make the first move."
As to the rest, it is why I have problems when males first try to get involved with me; they have obviously only known females to whom that awful list is applicable, and they invariably treat me as those females trained them to act, in order to get to the golden p**sy.

NO not all of us are such silly, unsexy (not wear sexy bras most of the time? WteffingF?) creatures as this list would suggest.

Ahem:

1. No two of us are the same: We don't all love to shop, drink cosmos and watch romantic comedies. While some men think that "you know one woman, you know them all," each woman has her own unique history and habits, her own endearing quirks and idiosyncrasies. Embrace them!

8 - We're not your mother: This should be pretty self-evident and yet men seem to frequently conflate their significant others with the women who raised them. We are not here to pick up after you, and we don't want to nag you about it—but we will if we have to. So don't make us.(this is a guess but very positive guess, You do not take me as the man child type)

10 - Sometimes we're in a bad mood just because: It's not "that time of the month," so don't ask. Our feelings are complicated and not completely subject to our hormones. (oh come on)
Posted: 8/12/2013 4:04:02 PM
Kincsnincs...hey...haha...now play nice. Just breathe. Go to your safe place. A meadow full of butterflies, and gentle breezes. Say it with me now - "Oohhmmmmm......."
 Cheating_at_solitaire
Msg: 67
Posted: 8/12/2013 11:35:41 PM
Women probably won't understand 'The Nothing Box'.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiVCD9QMAMI

Watch and learn.
 JerseyGirl2008
Msg: 68
Posted: 8/13/2013 5:10:20 AM
I find it pretty amusing that the first point is that NO two women are alike - they're all unique, you can't say "you know one woman, you know them all," etc. etc.

Then the lame fluff piece immediately starts claiming that women "all" want this, and women "all" do that, and we "all" want half your dessert, which is the most ludicrous thing I've ever heard.

This lame 'article' sounds like something right out of Cosmo.
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 69
Posted: 8/13/2013 6:57:35 AM

Oh my God...I found that list repellent.
The only thing on it to which I can relate is "we want you to make the first move."
As to the rest, it is why I have problems when males first try to get involved with me; they have obviously only known females to whom that awful list is applicable, and they invariably treat me as those females trained them to act, in order to get to the golden p**sy.

NO not all of us uosuch silly, unsexy (not wear sexy bras most of the time? WteffingF?) creatures as this list would suggest.

+1 (except for agreeing with #2, because I don't).
 DudleyDuRite
Msg: 70
Posted: 8/13/2013 11:27:58 AM
What I know about women = They are amazing.

What I don't know about women = pretty much everything else.
 AnEvilGenius1
Msg: 71
Posted: 8/13/2013 3:37:21 PM
I think the lists are humorous and cover both sex's like any "POLL" would "generally.

Ladies, #1 pretty much covers anything you could possibly disagree with on the list,(we're not all the same) and I seriously doubt there are any women on here willing to say they are looking for a man child to care for and pick up after, and lets just say you've proven the whole "bad mood" things pretty good in your replies already so no sense in arguing that one either.

Now I'm not sure how many you would expect to be a perfect match for the list to be valid and acceptable but if even 1 fits to some degree much less 2,3,4, or 5 things it's not nearly as bad as some of you are making it out to be.
 forums1
Msg: 72
Posted: 8/13/2013 4:13:14 PM
Can I say I find it *hilarious* that anyone could start their post with:

(kincsnincs) Cheatingatsolitaire, women actually do understand the "nothing box".

And yet ends his post with:

(kincsnincs) Incidentally, what's a "nothing box"? I am NOT going to watch a stupid show just to find out. Please tell us.

As if one could possibly claim (in the first line) that "women actually do understand" the exact thing that they then claim to not know what it even is in the last line.

You might as well be saying "I know all about money/currency and how finance works" and then say right after that "what are those little colored pieces of paper you gave that guy for?" As if you don't have time in your "busy life" to watch a short video that would explain (and yet somehow *do* have time in that same "busy life" to waste time on an internet forum spouting "truths" of your own... and then making it obvious you don't even understand it yourself).
 Luthion
Msg: 73
view profile
History
Posted: 8/16/2013 11:57:08 AM
That men and women really aren't all that different from each other, and we'd get a lot further with each other if we stopped obsessing over such an oudated belief that there is.

Yes, there are some differences relating to how we deal with our bodies and hormones, but most of it just facile stereotypes and preconceptions that rarely apply when you actually get to know somebody. There will always be exceptions to the rules.

Everyone is an individual. Treat them as such.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Things men and women don’t know about each other?