Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Give date feedback      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 HelenBackAgain
Msg: 26
Give date feedbackPage 2 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
It's gone, at least for now... we'll see what happens!
 phoenix_55
Msg: 27
Give date feedback
Posted: 5/17/2013 10:37:52 AM
I gave some date feedback on a guy I just met. He was boring and talked on his cell several times. I put that in my review. I personally don't care if he sees it.
 35brock
Msg: 28
Give date feedback
Posted: 5/18/2013 7:36:29 AM
It might be good for entertainment purposes. But I don't think it would be very useful. For example, person A had a date with person B. Person B wasn't interested in another date. Therefore person A gets angry and says rude things about person B because of that.
 HelenBackAgain
Msg: 29
Give date feedback
Posted: 5/18/2013 9:54:10 AM
For example, person A had a date with person B. Person B wasn't interested in another date. Therefore person A gets angry and says rude things about person B because of that.

Or Person B, after chatting on the site a few times, turns Person A down for a date. Same thing happens, though they never met. And if Person B is a non-paying member, they never even know they got a bad date review for a date that didn't happen.

I'm kinda thinking the thing to do is to use POF just for the forums and other sites for dating. Originally I'd planned on occasionally meeting people from here when I'm actively dating again, but this is just one more in an increasingly long list of reasons why not.

I think most people will be honest... but those who won't are going to muck this up something awful. They might as well start letting us name and shame in the forums, too - it's every bit as verifiable after all.
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 30
Give date feedback
Posted: 5/18/2013 12:36:51 PM
Without a question for rating spongeworthiness, I can't see how it's relevant.
 Szaszaspasz
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Give date feedback
Posted: 5/18/2013 1:20:07 PM
If was here for more than forums, I would give feedback just to whomever I dated.

I admit I with there was a way to "Like" a comment in the forums or rate them.
 HelenBackAgain
Msg: 32
Give date feedback
Posted: 5/18/2013 1:48:11 PM
Then again, I bet I'm the only one who is even remotely interested in such a verification procedure.

I don't know, you might not be, but I can tell you one person I'm thoroughly sure doesn't share your interest - Markus. And no one else counts, so...

ETA:
I wonder if it will be a feature added to the paid membership. If you have one, perhaps then you will be able to read any reviews that are about you?

Yes. Markus said it'll be a paid-only feature to read your date feedback.
 jengerflower
Msg: 33
Give date feedback
Posted: 5/18/2013 1:55:33 PM
I wonder if it will be a feature added to the paid membership. If you have one, perhaps then you will be able to read any reviews that are about you?
 activemelaney
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Give date feedback
Posted: 5/18/2013 3:18:36 PM
What's the point? If someone else could read reviews about us the it would just lead to a zillion fake profiles being opened. Have a date with yourself and then rate yourself as a great catch. Also, I don't want anyone to know if I had a date or not. This is a private and potentially safety issue. It's also a terrible idea for many of the reasons already posted.
 jengerflower
Msg: 35
Give date feedback
Posted: 5/18/2013 3:41:57 PM

Lol, Does it show my age that I totally know which show and which episode this came from?!
 fashion_tech
Msg: 36
Give date feedback
Posted: 5/21/2013 6:30:51 AM

Or Person B, after chatting on the site a few times, turns Person A down for a date. Same thing happens, though they never met. And if Person B is a non-paying member, they never even know they got a bad date review for a date that didn't happen.

Or Person A gives Person B a bad date review because Person B didn't respond to Person's A initial email. Thus they never had any type of conversation.
 HelenBackAgain
Msg: 37
Give date feedback
Posted: 5/21/2013 10:21:14 AM

Or Person A gives Person B a bad date review because Person B didn't respond to Person's A initial email. Thus they never had any type of conversation.

That one's possible, too? I don't have any sent messages with no replies at present, so I can't see for myself.

This is SO going to cause more problems than it addresses...
 WHITEROSEFOREVER
Msg: 38
Give date feedback
Posted: 5/21/2013 1:37:02 PM
it does kind of makes you wonder how many women will be called a tease or money hungry for turning a guy down for a second date..i just think this is another way for pof to make money. if you pay for the upgrade you can see what people have posted about you.
which makes little sense. if the date went great aren't you and the other person going to have another one? so why do you need to post how good the date went?
 WHITEROSEFOREVER
Msg: 39
Give date feedback
Posted: 5/21/2013 1:40:35 PM
not to mention the gender bashing that will ensue...look at the forums. i guess the difference will be that you can finally call the other person out. actually say his/her profile name and really let them have it. oh yeah, this is going to be great
 Moxie42
Msg: 40
Give date feedback
Posted: 6/2/2013 8:58:01 PM
I agree with most of what you mean, and am sorry to hear about your date with such a jerky guy. I too do not like the idea of feedback until recently.

I had the opposite problem. I went out with a guy I met on the site and it was a wonderful first date. We ended up talking for almost 4 hours! Then there was a second date that was equally great, and a third date that went even better. He even called me the following day to "just chat". And then.... nothing. He almost completely disappeared for two weeks. I sent him a few texts and he responded, but never initiated a conversation. I made the stupid choice to give him an "out" and asked if he "just wanted to be friends, that's fine." He apologized and said that he absolutely wanted to still date me. Then we went out to a restaurant where he barely spoke and made up some excuse to leave early, and then proceeded to not call or text ever again.

I would like to give a little feedback for the other women out there so that they know he has the potential to be a "tool". (then again, I guess a lot of men have that potential.)
 Deadliest_Snatch
Msg: 41
Give date feedback
Posted: 6/2/2013 9:31:42 PM
See? That's the problem ... he doesn't want to see you again, so he's a "tool."
 Walts
Msg: 42
Give date feedback
Posted: 6/3/2013 4:25:19 AM

I would like to give a little feedback for the other women out there so that they know he has the potential to be a "tool". (then again, I guess a lot of men have that potential.)

So instead of accepting the fact that he didn't act according to how you think he should act, you not only have defined him as something, you also wanna go "snitch" on him?????

My problem,,,with most stories, there is, he said,she said, and then, magically, the truth. The Big Fish is asking for one side of a three sided story. And then, more than likely, try to ask for money so that someone can read it.
 HelenBackAgain
Msg: 43
Give date feedback
Posted: 6/4/2013 12:44:22 PM

I would like to give a little feedback for the other women out there so that they know he has the potential to be a "tool".

By this account, he absolutely should have told you whatever was going on... I don't think it's in "tool" territory, my guess would be more that he was confused about what he wanted, but he wasn't reliable and he should've talked to you.

But, y'know, it goes two ways. He might trash you in feedback. And you not only can't argue it, you won't even know what the feedback was unless you pay to see it.

Not only that, people we've never even met may give date feedback.
 ladyc4
Msg: 44
Give date feedback
Posted: 6/5/2013 12:23:27 PM
Message# 48
What you describe is a fairly common pattern. Let's face it, dating someone you "met" online is just a high-tech version of the good ol', bad ol' "blind date".

Lots of people will date someone several times( and I'm speaking of BOTH genders here!) hoping to develop MUTUAL attraction/interest/chemistry...and it just doesn't happen.

See? That's the problem ... he doesn't want to see you again, so he's a "tool."

Yep-this is what many of us are afraid a "rate the date' system will become...an outlet for disappointment, frustration, maybe even a "tool" of-well-"coercion" is a bit too strong a word, shall we say it might become a "tool" of social pressure within the PoF community?

The Big Fish is asking for one side of a three sided story. And then, more than likely, try to ask for money so that someone can read it.

YUP!
Cindy O
 BACHELOR02
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Give date feedback
Posted: 6/14/2013 8:35:58 AM
I agree with Pinky127, who said: The FIRST thing i thought of was this Feature pertaining to all the gals expecting to get wined and dined on the FIRST date and it NOT happening and then all these duds get UNFAVORABLE feedbacks from all the guys they tried it with.......hmm...... :-)
 LoneScottishBoy
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Give date feedback
Posted: 6/14/2013 11:32:18 AM
This site is reminding me more and more of the "free" games on facebook...:)
 lostsoultoo
Msg: 47
Give date feedback
Posted: 6/14/2013 4:18:13 PM
Isn't there an old saying that goes something like there's a jack for every Jill. Feedback from someone I don't know about a date I didn't see isn't going to carry much weight for me. Just because he/she acts like a jerk for one person doesn't mean diddly squat! How would you know you didn't bring out the worst in him/her? And then there's the chance that the review is positive, that person may not act the same way with the next person. We all give off vibes that generate good/bad feelings for the opposite sex. Why else would we be sitting here on Friday night alone!! Jack jack , where art thou??
 MS.ICENI
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Give date feedback
Posted: 6/14/2013 4:59:43 PM
The whole idea creeps me out. Someone could say anything and how are we to believe it's true? And should we even know. I view it as none of our business.
 ouija2013
Msg: 49
Give date feedback
Posted: 6/14/2013 5:38:39 PM
I have FB. I can't read the FB. He was just someone I spoke to a few times. Hope he said I was a Goddess... have a feeling he didn't.
 keoiblue
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Give date feedback
Posted: 7/5/2013 9:27:08 PM
Um...yes they do lol.....I accidentally sent one to my last date.....
At the bottom of the first page, it says continue in the right hand corner....DO NOT CLICK IT LOL
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Give date feedback