Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Give date feedback      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 keoiblue
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Give date feedbackPage 3 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
Um...yes they do lol.....I accidentally sent one to my last date.....
At the bottom of the first page, it says continue in the right hand corner....DO NOT CLICK IT LOL
 coolerlara
Msg: 51
view profile
History
Give date feedback
Posted: 7/6/2013 4:24:35 AM
OMG that's freaky ! I'd have hated that when I was dating here. Not that I was ever a bad date, bar making an excuse after 10 minutes on one!
 KindredSpirit11
Msg: 52
view profile
History
Give date feedback
Posted: 7/29/2013 12:24:09 PM
People that I would not even go on a date with are giving date feedback. Bad people should not ruin your chances of new experiences with good people.
 flyinhigh201386
Msg: 53
Give date feedback
Posted: 8/1/2013 12:50:27 PM
The way I see it, this is a great feature, especially since there is so many game players on here, if you meet someone and they turn out to look like their pics and be the person they said they were then there shouldn't be any issues with someone leaving feedback on the date but im sure that the game players and people who use old pics or other peoples pics wont like this feature very much, I know I have no problem leaving negative feedback on dates I have been on and I have no reason to lie, if you don't want negative feedback, then act like an adult and be who you say you are, don't play the game. Hopefully someday they give us a feature to post pics of the person we met that way everyone can see the real person behind the profile cause I have met way too many who have deceived me by using old pics or other womens pics, then you have all these women who play the games of making dates they had no intentions on going on, this should all be posted on their profile review so other people don't waste their time with these losers.
 Russ195409
Msg: 54
Give date feedback
Posted: 8/20/2013 4:36:00 PM
On my "Inbox" page I have received notification that " , left feedback about your date, Review it now!".

The problem I have with this is twofold:

1) I can't read the "feedback", and

2) I have never, ever, met this user in person.

We may have corresponded a fair bit over a period of many months, but we live far apart and haven't had a "date" in any sense of the word.

This feature is obviously broken.
 Whisky_River
Msg: 55
Give date feedback
Posted: 8/20/2013 5:43:36 PM

) I can't read the "feedback", and
2) I have never, ever, met this user in person

I encountered the same thing...Just someone I talked to casually...never even met and he left feedback...
At that time it said...you had to be a "paid" member to view it.
I never bothered or much cared...it would pop up on log in to remind me and then just disappeared.
Whether it times out or he closed his account...I don't know.???
 curviest
Msg: 56
view profile
History
Give date feedback
Posted: 8/21/2013 10:12:34 AM
It's really just like leaving feedback on Ebay!
 Personal-1
Msg: 57
Give date feedback
Posted: 10/25/2013 12:33:14 AM
I refuse to play this particular game.

Every date that I have gone on from POF has turned out to be honest.
I have met a lot of very nice and attractive women here.
A few of them I really wish it would have happened with.

I have had great times, good times and some that were uncomfortable.

However, just because they are not the one for me doesn't make them bad dates.

I REFUSE to rate them.

It's EXTREMELY crass, boorish and ill-mannered.
The ONLY time I would rate is if the lady was somehow dangerous or something, to protect others.

Thumbs up to all the girls I have met here!
We may not have been soul mates but we sure had fun and I am glad I met all of them!

As far as I am concerned, they are all ten's and I love them all.
Best wishes and luck to everyone, may you find your true love!

Don't fall into this trap! People aren't UPC codes!
 drivingharmony2
Msg: 58
Give date feedback
Posted: 10/25/2013 10:20:33 PM
It does sound a lot like feedback on eBay. I have never used this feature....not sure I want to.
Hmmmm, if we knew feedback was going to be given, would it be one of those things where you say, I need positive feedback so if you are not happy, let me know first so I can make it up to you to get that positive feedback. Negative feedback would suck, but I would hope there is a rebuttal line, like the guy did not tip the waitress enough which was why there was no hug goodnight. Ahhhhh, the possibilities are endless......
 Ainen
Msg: 59
Give date feedback
Posted: 10/26/2013 6:27:47 AM
There are checkboxes for ways the other person could improve, including "other" which lets you type a line of custom text.

I've given date feedback twice:

1) Was stood up with no communication. Rated her lowest on manners, checked "better manners" and "show up on time", with "Stood up!" as the custom line.

2) Meal whore who chose the fancy (by my miserly standards) restaurant, then escaped to the restroom when the check arrived. I rated her low on manners because she used profanity and because of her meal whore behavior. Checked "better manners", "pay their way", and "offer to pick up the entire tab", with no custom text. Gave her honest, largely positive scores on the other categories (looks like her photo, showed up on time, etc). I was surprised by her behavior because she had said she turned down a free ticket to a baseball playoff game to meet me! The ticket should be more valuable than her fancy entree and fancy drink.

Men with upgraded accounts can choose to believe the feedback or not. They can formulate a "Plan B" in case they get stood up (always a good idea), and they can plan a costless first meet with the meal whore unless they're willing to pay for everything (always a good idea).

Upgraded users, have you ever seen the date feedback on profiles you viewed? Did you believe it? Any interesting custom text?
 Personal-1
Msg: 60
Give date feedback
Posted: 10/27/2013 1:08:35 AM
"2) Meal whore who chose the fancy (by my miserly standards) restaurant, then escaped to the restroom when the check arrived. I rated her low on manners because she used profanity and because of her meal whore behavior. Checked "better manners", "pay their way", and "offer to pick up the entire tab", with no custom text."

Hold on a sec. Who asked who out?
Where I am from the inviting party is the one that pays, that goes for men as well as women.

In other words if you were my buddy and I thought it would be cool to go to lunch and I invited you, I would be the one paying.

Is this just local whimsy?
What is fancy in restaurant terms?

Any reasonably decent place I go will be around $100 for dinner for two before tip.

If she really did pick the top choice, that is somewhat gold-diggerish.
However, if she is a woman of means it might just be her usual and nothing out of the ordinary.
I have on occasion had women ask me to dinner and if I am asked I ALWAYS choose middle of the road.

I'm interested in it all, as I don't think the whole Dutch deal has really caught on.

The profanity portion is understandable, although it is pretty much accepted these days.

I normally gauge the person I am meeting before using profane language, which for me is not my normal mode but used for effect when telling stories etc.

Please correct me if I am wrong and out of the loop.

Maybe I am the one that is lost.
 Ainen
Msg: 61
Give date feedback
Posted: 10/27/2013 7:38:57 AM
True, the person who asks should be prepared to pay for everything. In this case, I messaged her first (she took 18 days to respond), I was the one who brought up the idea of meeting (probably the third message). She was the one who suggested lunch, and when I gave the time and day and area (near her), she made the one suggestion of the restaurant. Online it's rated "$$". Yes, I could have made a counter suggestion of a place rated "$". The conversation was neutral with no one person taking out the other.

She dropped her first S bomb only a couple minutes after we were shown to a booth. Nearby diners might have heard the bad words. In her profile, she claims "you'll always be proud to have me with you in public" (paraphrased).

The date had a Part II lasting about two hours with no direct cost. Had it been just the second part, there would be no regrets.

Wrote the feedback about three weeks after the date.

For the one who stood me up, I waited about 72 hours to write negative feedback.
 EmLeaD
Msg: 62
view profile
History
Give date feedback
Posted: 10/6/2016 10:47:30 PM
So I looked someone up earlier and it had the feature and I thought man I've been waiting for this. Then when I went back on late it was gone and the layout was totally different. I've looked on the app and mobile and desktop and can't find it again
 imanorangetiger
Msg: 63
view profile
History
Give date feedback
Posted: 10/7/2016 5:26:38 AM

I thought man I've been waiting for this.

If it's been removed, that's probably why...
 gtomustang
Msg: 64
Give raisin feedback
Posted: 10/7/2016 8:11:28 AM
We should have forum feedback.

oh wait, that's what annoying deletion of profiles is for.
 katelmb
Msg: 65
view profile
History
Give date feedback
Posted: 11/9/2017 8:10:34 AM
I don't see a conversation page. I think date feedback is an excellent idea! I would love to hear feedback from my dates and I have helpful things to say as well. But I cannot find where this Date Feedback is....help! Where do I find this?
 Profile_Cliche_Gurl
Msg: 66
Give date feedback
Posted: 11/9/2017 9:01:47 AM
It was discontinued some time between 2013 and 2016.

Cynderella
Msg: 67
view profile
History
Give date feedback
Posted: 11/9/2017 10:57:20 AM
It was fun while it lasted...
 ohenryx
Msg: 68
view profile
History
Give date feedback
Posted: 11/9/2017 12:39:59 PM
It was one of those weird experiments that Marcus liked to run. You could give feedback to anyone from whom you had received a message. But if someone left you feedback, you could not see it UNLESS you had a paid membership.

I assume the whole thing was intended to entice more people to pay for a membership.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 69
view profile
History
Give date feedback
Posted: 11/9/2017 1:50:01 PM

It was fun while it lasted...

That's what I tell all my 1st dates as they do the walk of shame out of my place the next morning. ;)
 Cynderella
Msg: 70
view profile
History
Give date feedback
Posted: 11/9/2017 2:16:54 PM
^^^ ^^^
I like...
"Don't let the door hit you on your way out"
 gtomustang
Msg: 71
Give date feedback
Posted: 11/9/2017 4:32:58 PM
or...don't let the door hit ya, where the Good Lord split ya.

the only thing I get to yell when they leave is, "hey, give me back my wallet!"
 funhunt850
Msg: 72
view profile
History
Give date feedback
Posted: 8/5/2018 2:41:28 PM
I think it's more serious. it's better to know I could have saved a lot of wasted time on a guy if I knew about his past with women. I highly doubt i'm the first one he's done that to. or how about the kind of guys who are abusive or serial deadbeat dads? or women that steal or the gals that will trap a guy with a baby. wouldn't that be helpful info when making decisions about a future date. or how about all the guys that list wants to date or looking for a relationship only to have them say they're not looking for a relationship and just sex. would be nice to know about those liars out there. why wouldn't you want to know who the pieces of shit are? frankly i'm tired of wading through turds.
 funhunt850
Msg: 73
view profile
History
Give date feedback
Posted: 8/5/2018 2:49:38 PM
sounds like funguy_pcola made plans for a date and when I showed up he acted like I was crazy and we never had plans even after showing him a screenshot of the texts where he agreed to go out. then he worte me to tell me what I did was unacceptable and would never explain himself. I sure would love to let women know he lies a lot and plays games.
 ssm508
Msg: 74
view profile
History
Give date feedback
Posted: 8/6/2018 5:43:05 AM

It might be good for entertainment purposes. But I don't think it would be very useful. For example, person A had a date with person B. Person B wasn't interested in another date. Therefore person A gets angry and says rude things about person B because of that.

Agreed. No way to determine which reviews are real. A woman could say I was mean to her and I just wanted sex because I wasn't interested in her.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Give date feedback