Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Eternityboreme
Msg: 748
Message RestrictionsPage 30 of 33    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33)
You're 39. Why the **** do you want to destroy an adolescent's life? Yuck.

BTW, do you think your penis will magically and fundamentally transform her into a woman of your making? No -- eventually, she'll tire of you and find somebody better. I wouldn't blame her, either.
 Eternityboreme
Msg: 749
Message Restrictions
Posted: 4/3/2015 4:27:41 AM

If you are in your 40's, especially if you are wealthy, attractive, and well-established, it is disgustingly easy to pick up a naive 18 year old girl simply by flashing the wad of cash in your wallet or by blowing her mind with some deep words and wisdom that you learned 15 years ago

She'll get tired of his aged frame and limp penis as he quickly ages to 50 -- and trade HIM in for a later model.
 Peppermint_Petunias
Msg: 750
view profile
History
Message Restrictions
Posted: 4/4/2015 4:17:53 AM

If you are in your 40's, especially if you are wealthy, attractive, and well-established, it is disgustingly easy to pick up a naive 18 year old girl simply by flashing the wad of cash in your wallet or by blowing her mind with some deep words and wisdom that you learned 15 years ago

YOU think? Ha!

No..Unless she is desperate, starving and from Deliverance.

We used to laugh at men over 30 trying to hit on us at 18.40 would have had us to ill to eat.
Its disgusting and pathetic.A big ewwwwww factor.
Who at 18 doesnt want a young, hot, fun guy around their own age over some delusional 30-40 year old?

I remember the Shriners at M Beach in the spring/summer..What fools they made of them selves.
How we laughed at the lame pick up lines in their Vettes..
 SmartPassion
Msg: 751
Message Restrictions
Posted: 6/13/2015 11:54:08 AM
I am 28 and can not message anyone younger than 22 and older than 42. I know 42 is 28+14 but 22 is 28-6. What can I do? How to contact their customer service?
 Eternitygracesme
Msg: 752
Message Restrictions
Posted: 6/14/2015 4:28:36 AM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/elizabeth-denham/plenty-of-fish-age-difference_b_3381808.html
 UpNorthCowboy53
Msg: 753
Message Restrictions
Posted: 7/1/2015 6:50:45 AM
Plenty of Fish will NOT let me search for or correspond with anyone who is 10+ years younger than me. Whenever I try to correspond, this error is returned:
"xxxxxxxxxx (username) accepts messages only from certain users. Why not message one of your Matches instead? Return to your inbox" As soon as I try with someone within 9 years or less of my age it works. I created a profile as a female and was able to message ANY male, regardless of the age range.
With my normal profile, I set my parameters for searching for matches and POF would never return searches with those parameters but instead change the age range to my age or older. Plenty of Fish blatantly is practicing age discrimination against men. I have filed a complain with the BBB and the FCC and am gathering screen-shots, and statements to open a class-action lawsuit against POF.
 CrookCatcher
Msg: 754
Message Restrictions
Posted: 7/1/2015 6:58:55 AM
Good luck with that.

Filing a class action lawsuit on a free dating site based in another country because you can't message young girls, has to be one of the biggest pursuit's of absolutely nothing I've ever seen.

I'd demand my money back....what I'd do.
 lv2play434
Msg: 755
Message Restrictions
Posted: 7/7/2015 6:58:46 PM
Pls explain why I am falsely addressed about pic's that are full face and emailed that my account will be deleted if I don't shape up? When my file is in no violation at all??
 Eternitygracesme
Msg: 756
Message Restrictions
Posted: 7/8/2015 3:26:23 AM
^^

You have several photos which violate POF images policy. Your face has to be discernible in ALL of your photos -- not just some of them.

Regarding age policy:

Filing a class action lawsuit on a free dating site based in another country because you can't message young girls, has to be one of the biggest pursuit's of absolutely nothing I've ever seen.

Indeed.
 comutacar
Msg: 757
view profile
History
Message Restrictions
Posted: 7/21/2015 5:09:10 PM
Hmm, I have never experienced the age restriction problem before and didn't join that long ago,
I wonder why I could contact 21 year olds 4 months ago?

Its seems like this is a problem looking for a solution, there is an age range setting for a reason, mine is set because when I didn't have it set I only got contacted by women 20+ years older than me (on other sites). Oldest was 86.

A minor thing that was easily remedied, at the time found it somewhat amusing;
don't want to see it, set an age range.

Ah well, too bad so sad.
 johnlvs2run
Msg: 758
view profile
History
Message Restrictions
Posted: 6/27/2016 11:19:58 AM
From msg#7

[A better option than putting these restrictions into place would be to require all users to select a preferred age range, with those outside the age range unable to write to a person or see their ad when logged in (in other words, the same process which is in place for those who opt-in to setting an age range). That way, anyone who doesn't want to hear from someone above or below a particular age, won't hear from them, without restricting people who don't mind or prefer a significant age difference from reaching out to one another.

I agree with this, and especially don't put a 14 year limitation for 70 year olds.

I prefer around the same age as me, and am capable of making my own decisions.
 l_demon
Msg: 759
Message Restrictions
Posted: 6/28/2016 4:06:52 PM
@Illtenorre

What in the actual fk are you talking about?

Do you think every woman will just drop her panties at the sight of a 20$ bill? And because a girl is 18, she's automatically naive?

You know jackshit about women and it seems you respect them even less.
 retexan599
Msg: 764
Message Restrictions
Posted: 9/1/2016 12:37:18 PM
OK, the 14 year rule exists. I am age 79, so that restricts me to 65+. OK. However, this week I was messaged by a woman whose age shows as 54. I am flattered, but confused. Perhaps the age range is different for women contacting men?
(I have not read every post on this subject, so this may have been answered elsewhere).
 Loving_You_2017
Msg: 765
view profile
History
Message Restrictions
Posted: 9/14/2016 3:06:23 PM
Can anyone explain why this policy is in place?

Surely it should be up to the individual if they want to put age restrictions in not have it forced upon us.

For example, just supposing I were a 21yo & didn't want anyone 32 or over to contact me I could set a "bar" on my profile stopping mail from 32yo & over.

Am I right on this people?
 Mz_Dressup
Msg: 766
Message Restrictions
Posted: 9/15/2016 3:31:41 AM
See message 16 on the first page to get an answer from BigFish (the owner of PoF at the time of implementation) as to why this "policy" was put in place.

Now that Match owns the show, who knows what they'll do about the +/- 14 rule.

But I wouldn't hold your breath.
 duracell_bunny_one
Msg: 767
Message Restrictions
Posted: 9/16/2016 12:48:17 PM
On OKC (also owned by Match) - you can message someone waaaay younger
if you pay for the somewhat doubtful privilege -
...........?........?.........?

Coldfishbaby
Msg: 768
view profile
History
Message Restrictions
Posted: 12/22/2016 9:19:44 AM
So I understand I cannot message an 18 year old because of the age rule, but why can they message me? It seems silly to block older people from messaging younger people, for the purpose its "icky to date someone younger" but younger can message older with no blocks in place?
 Coldfishbaby
Msg: 769
view profile
History
Message Restrictions
Posted: 3/21/2017 2:22:45 AM
Would like to have my question answered. I do find it interesting how this thread has gone totally radio silent since I posted my question, but any question involving "why cant i message younger" gets torn to shreds.
 Carmen-Sandiego
Msg: 771
view profile
History
Message Restrictions
Posted: 12/16/2017 2:40:54 AM
This rule is complete and utter bullshit. An age restriction already exists in the Mail Settings if women don't want to be contacted by men beyond a certain age. Treating your members like children is beyond absurd. If current paying members knew the true reason they are unable to connect with certain members I have no doubt they would never pay for your services again.
 bobsacamano1982
Msg: 772
view profile
History
Message Restrictions
Posted: 3/5/2018 5:49:59 PM
I agree. An 18 year old can purchase cigarettes, fight in the military, but Markus the puritan doesn't believe they should be able to make their own decisions regarding dating. His policy doesn't even work. Easily exploitable loopholes exist. People can lie about their age when creating a profile and then disclose their real age in the bio section. I've seen 18 year old women do this before.

Markus commented specifically about older men messaging younger women. Does this policy apply to "creepy" older women as well? I should try creating a fake female profile (age 40) to see if they can message younger men.

Society needs to make up their damn mind about 18 year olds. They are either children or adults. If they are children then we should treat them as such. No voting, no draft registration, etc. If they are no we should get out of their way and let them make decisions without moral crusaders legislating their lives.
Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  >