Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Carmen-Sandiego
Msg: 771
view profile
History
Message RestrictionsPage 33 of 33    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33)
This rule is complete and utter bullshit. An age restriction already exists in the Mail Settings if women don't want to be contacted by men beyond a certain age. Treating your members like children is beyond absurd. If current paying members knew the true reason they are unable to connect with certain members I have no doubt they would never pay for your services again.
 bobsacamano1982
Msg: 772
Message Restrictions
Posted: 3/5/2018 5:49:59 PM
I agree. An 18 year old can purchase cigarettes, fight in the military, but Markus the puritan doesn't believe they should be able to make their own decisions regarding dating. His policy doesn't even work. Easily exploitable loopholes exist. People can lie about their age when creating a profile and then disclose their real age in the bio section. I've seen 18 year old women do this before.

Markus commented specifically about older men messaging younger women. Does this policy apply to "creepy" older women as well? I should try creating a fake female profile (age 40) to see if they can message younger men.

Society needs to make up their damn mind about 18 year olds. They are either children or adults. If they are children then we should treat them as such. No voting, no draft registration, etc. If they are no we should get out of their way and let them make decisions without moral crusaders legislating their lives.
Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  >