Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  > What would you do, if you were a god?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 aremeself
Msg: 151
view profile
History
What would you do, if you were a god?Page 7 of 12    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12)
What would you do, if you were a god?

a god? how about the only god.

for arguments sake, the creator of the universe could 'fix' what isn't right.
your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to figure out why he isn't fixing it at your time table.
 CynthiaSM
Msg: 152
Posted: 10/31/2013 6:26:17 AM
I'd lift the veil of individuation so that all humans could see they're all a part of the whole. Then I'd sit back and watch what happens with human evolution.
 Iseedudpeople
Msg: 153
Posted: 10/31/2013 6:44:40 AM
I'd remove everyone's EGO

Hmmm....I wonder what a difference THAT would make ?
 Secondhand_Lion
Msg: 154
view profile
History
Posted: 10/31/2013 1:17:31 PM
Well, let's see....I'd get everbody all excited about green energy with hybrid and electric cars. Then I'd watch the oil companies buy up all the battery companies and invest the rest in all the new nuclear power plants required to recharge a billion vehicles every day. Then I'd grab that little blue ball and shake the livin shit out of it, and watch it glow in the dark without the suns help. After things cooled for a million or so years...I'd give it back to the lizards, at least they were smart enough to make it 60 million years against your 2 million. LOL
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 155
view profile
History
Posted: 10/31/2013 1:48:55 PM

I'd grab that little blue ball and shake the livin shit out of it

Aaaah - hahahahaha!!!!!
 RussArtLover
Msg: 156
view profile
History
Posted: 10/31/2013 9:34:54 PM
If I were a god...
Well I sure as hell wouldn't let my firstborn kid suicide to save a bunch of zombies. Or maybe I would, hellifino. More like I'd never let him get into that situation. I'd make robots to cut trees and build free housing, free food, free everything. People would trade skill or appreciation of skill for currency. If you had an idea for a new toy have a robot build it. A faster Ferrari, a more comfortable bed, better drugs, you name it. But I'm not so I carry a gun and do random acts of kindness wherever.
 xJamx
Msg: 157
Posted: 12/21/2013 7:44:29 PM
I think it depends. I'd rather be the god OF something, rather than just "a god".
I think I'd fit in nicely with the pantheon of gods in Viking lore and perhaps preside over
a group of warriors or monster slayers. This is of course just fantasy.
If I was just simply promoted to a gods status I'd freak out. The thought of living forever scares the **** out of me.
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 158
view profile
History
Posted: 12/21/2013 8:26:18 PM
I'd live forever without hesitation. Why would it be scary?
 cesska
Msg: 159
view profile
History
Posted: 12/21/2013 9:12:58 PM
I'd make the universe safe
 Reality.of.Life
Msg: 160
Obvious isn't it?
Posted: 12/29/2013 4:59:55 PM

Cease to exist.
Seeing as how none do.
 junipermoon
Msg: 161
view profile
History
Obvious isn't it?
Posted: 12/31/2013 1:41:27 PM
i would see to it that the melanin got distributed more fairly.
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 162
view profile
History
Posted: 1/5/2014 12:18:36 PM

I'd hate to be a God. Creator of everything, but then again, wouldn't this creation thing eventually get old? Being a God would seem to be a trap in eternity.

No...I always had this funny idea that the purpose of existence is to experience - not experience any particular thing, but to experience experience itself. I have a funny intuition that a creator god would "play"...periodically, or constantly, become one of his created living things and live out life as that being, always forgetting everything that he knows as a god while living that life. When he dies, he becomes god again, and says "Oh yea, I remember now. That was fun." And goes and does it again. Over and over, for eternity. So, god would never get bored, and eternity would be great.
 CynthiaSM
Msg: 163
Posted: 1/5/2014 1:52:45 PM

No...I always had this funny idea that the purpose of existence is to experience - not experience any particular thing, but to experience experience itself.

I believe the same. This caused the divide from my last SO who seems to think the purpose of existence is to find "answers." I think this confuses means with ends. The same sort of confusion that would lead someone to think being god, with eternity to play, would get boring.
 CaptainTeebs
Msg: 164
Posted: 1/5/2014 4:43:36 PM
My existence as a mere mortal has sullied any perspective of becoming or obtaining, inheriting such a power and responsibility.
Without any due consequences? I'd create more of an "instant" Karma. Is that contradictory?
 OTTO BONN
Msg: 165
Posted: 1/11/2014 2:08:39 PM
Make a pineapple that you could eat like a honeycrisp,
a whole coconut that's easy to shell and bite-size,
and dates that contained a naturally occurring rum.
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 166
view profile
History
Posted: 1/11/2014 3:45:09 PM
I was about to say "make it not so damned hard to travel long distances in outer space without the time dilation, so much time passing for a voyage, and the payload weight limits", then I remembered that maybe all that it takes to crack that technological nut is a good way to make sure that each planet's race is grown in the right ways collectively and ready before they start messing around in other places and interacting with each other. But darn it, I want to find out about all the other stuff and people out there already. It'd be so sweet, and do us so much good economically, ecologically, and culturally.
 April1963
Msg: 167
Posted: 1/11/2014 7:09:33 PM
^^^You missed.... Corporally......^^^^.....lol
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 168
view profile
History
Posted: 1/11/2014 7:51:39 PM
corporally...say what? huh?
 OTTO BONN
Msg: 169
Posted: 1/24/2014 1:26:29 AM
If I were a god,

I would,

from time to time,

appear in the sky,

the night sky,

and say to all my people. . .

Yo! You are all my BITCHES!

drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 170
view profile
History
Posted: 1/24/2014 2:33:20 AM
Who's got that surface-to-air missle on which somebody scribbled "from your b-tches"...?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeAWCnaP2oA
 april1963
Msg: 171
Posted: 6/3/2014 7:45:26 PM
One of my comment:

1-Men: to menstruate

2-Men: get pregnant

3-Men: have the babies

:)

I still think that this would be a good decision....LOL.
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 172
view profile
History
Posted: 6/4/2014 3:20:47 PM
^ I won't disagree that good things can come from more men understanding what it's like.

But...I'm also not convinced that very many women who complain about those things would give it all up if a god offered to make a change for her.
 RedrockJen
Msg: 173
Posted: 6/5/2014 11:21:38 AM

But...I'm also not convinced that very many women who complain about those things would give it all up if a god offered to make a change for her.

Agree. Being pregnant and giving birth to a new little human is/was wonderful. I wouldn't have it any other way.
 april1963
Msg: 174
Posted: 6/5/2014 2:45:35 PM

Msg#210: So you want men to be the women?

Paul,
no, by no means I want to change the perfect physical structure of the man's body...lol...God made you all, perfect for us the women......But,I think if the man get pregnant and have his baby for 9 months inside his body,He will be more attached to their children,in the same way that we mothers are.(after a divorce)

Example: after a divorce some men also divorce from their children,(thanks to god it was never my case) but I see a lot of coworkers (women) crying because their ex,doesn't want to help with kids,no child support,etc.....well,You got the idea..right?

And ....for esthetic reasons...we gain weight,get flaccid stomach etc....lol..

I do love God's Creation = MEN....

Have a nice evening

April.

things can come from more men understanding what it's like.

@ Drink,

Yes,that is what I meant,thanks!

April.
 april1963
Msg: 175
Posted: 6/5/2014 3:19:03 PM
^^

I said, ...it wasn't my case......

I don't have to have a bad experience to know what is happening in the world or around me...Hey, I know you are far more clever than that... lol....

I already explained why i Know that...read again please...lol

there are lots of us good ones around.

Oh yes, I Agree!!!.... I do have one of the good ones with me right now...thanks....

ETA:
In the event that some people did not understand post # 208..IT...WAS...ONLY...A..JOKE!!!!
Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  > What would you do, if you were a god?