Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  > What would you do, if you were a god?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 april1963
Msg: 176
What would you do, if you were a god?Page 8 of 12    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12)
Sorry,didn't have enough time to edit...lol...
I want to add:
That as usual some people who like problems, make inappropriate comments in order to start fights of hatred.just check yourself below my post 208.....

good night you all!

April.
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 177
view profile
History
What would you do, if you were a god?
Posted: 6/7/2014 9:48:14 AM

But,I think if the man get pregnant and have his baby for 9 months inside his body,He will be more attached to their children,in the same way that we mothers are

Just depends on what kind of man he is. Just like it depends on what kind of woman she is.

Morningside. Neil Diamond. This is one of my own personal laments.
 schizo4u
Msg: 178
Posted: 6/25/2014 10:07:16 PM
If I were a god, I'd try to figure out where I came from before I started creating things.
 Bentheredunthat
Msg: 179
Posted: 6/26/2014 12:59:00 PM
I would torture for eternity everyone who doesn't worship me, give children fatal diseases so I can play with them in heaven, and inspire a sacred text that would make it impossible for the silly humans to understand what I want. Then I'd promise them they could see grandma again if they do figure out what I want. Then, I'd make myself completely invisible and inaudible, never ever interacting with them.

Plus I'd win the lottery EVERY time. That would be so cool.....
;-)
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 180
view profile
History
Posted: 6/28/2014 11:09:03 AM

If I were a god, I'd try to figure out where I came from before I started creating things.

That right there ^ is one of the most interesting things written here I've seen lately. Maybe the most profound to think about - Would a god not wonder himself where he himself came from? Or is part of being a god just taking it for granted, not giving a crap, not thinking that the question is important or applicable or relevant in the first place?

(Morningside, Neil Diamond)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPELd225kSY

april1963
Msg: 181
Posted: 6/28/2014 4:18:45 PM
^^^

I think you have a bad bug inside.......so........

If I were a God I would send a dozen priests to Drink's house,To perform exorcism to him....:-):-):-)...

Have a nice evening!

April.
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 182
view profile
History
Posted: 7/1/2014 3:55:40 PM

^^^

I think you have a bad bug inside.......so........

If I were a God I would send a dozen priests to Drink's house,To perform exorcism to him....:-):-):-)...

Have a nice evening!

April.

Huh? What's the bug? Inside what?

This wouldn't be some kind of bug up my arse would it?
 april1963
Msg: 183
Posted: 7/4/2014 10:27:45 AM
^^^^

LOL @ your sense of humor!.

Inside what?

Soul!!
 Yule_liquor
Msg: 184
Posted: 7/5/2014 7:09:06 PM
"do" is not something that "god" does!
In the eternal realm, god (per se) would have no agency elsewhere!
 billingsmason
Msg: 185
Posted: 7/5/2014 7:57:41 PM
Corpore. Ality= noun ; existence
Date : 1651
 Chipsss
Msg: 186
view profile
History
Posted: 7/9/2014 2:40:05 PM
If I were God I would make it so that Twitter and Facebook updates to the whole wide world, are only of me, and what I'm doing. Everyone will know when I brush my teeth or have a nice sandwitch, everyone.

when I get bored of this I would make different kinds of pies then sell them (on ebay).

When people receive their pie I will be inside the pie, and pop out of the pie to answer any questions they might have.
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 187
view profile
History
Posted: 7/12/2014 1:44:17 PM

Oh my...there would be so much sex. No hot human woman would be safe.
 junipermoon
Msg: 188
view profile
History
Posted: 7/12/2014 2:06:30 PM
i would also remove all calories from pizza and chocolate.
 aremeself
Msg: 189
view profile
History
Posted: 7/12/2014 5:53:33 PM
You would like for physics to be infinitely adjustable, I presume.
 AddHomonym
Msg: 190
Posted: 7/21/2014 1:37:38 PM
If I were God, I would declare humanity a failed experiment and wipe the slate clean in an effort to preserve my precious garden planet. Then I would erase myself and get some rest.
 billingsmason
Msg: 191
Posted: 8/2/2014 5:30:53 PM
And presume to hold the mirror for yourself?

What makes this experiment fail?
Could you actually stop it from future failure?
Underlying forshadows non the less,

Suicide has always been painless. Always brought on many changes. Always been taken or left, as they please......
Maybe god doesn't get that option.

Table never really restarts. Just gets new dealers.
 Etritonakin
Msg: 192
Posted: 8/9/2014 2:43:32 PM
I find it interesting that the end-all, be-all of evolution/survival of the fittest would be a being not subject to destruction by its environment -and perfect power to manipulate it.

I think I might be a lazy and impatient god - programming everyone to do everything right rather than creating creators with actual unique self-determining and self-programming individual personalities -which leads to all sorts of trouble and mistakes as they learn.

So it would be like hanging out with robots -but I like robots :)
 Baffalobill
Msg: 193
Posted: 8/13/2014 12:09:22 AM
I would abolish all religions and the worshipping of any and all gods.

Look, I created world peace!

Couldn't have said it better myself.. Birdman...

Just imagine that...Palestine ,Israel, Iraq, Iran, Syria, Africa....etc..
 Etritonakin
Msg: 194
Posted: 8/13/2014 9:42:01 AM
Religion is not the problem. Religion is an excuse -and not the only excuse.
People would do the same things -but with different excuses.
 Baffalobill
Msg: 195
Posted: 8/14/2014 12:35:21 AM
Imagine ....John Lennon

Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion too
Imagine all the people
Living life in peace...

Nice thought if we all weren't so narrow minded ...Says so much ...

What would you do, if you were a God?

Prove to humanity and all other living creatures that I am not the all loving God that I am made out to be ,
If it hasn't been proven enough in history... In other words the 'Truth'....Not fairy tales written down in a dusty old book.

I would say "Fooled you all.".........

As humans are naturally weak minded ,They can be easily manipulated with violent tools such as Religion..

No difference with a firearm, Its a harmless piece of scrap metal before a human picks it up then its pure evil,
The same with religion ...The problem is religion has been imbedded in the human race mind set , and its getting worse.
That's your true "Weapons of mass destruction"
 Etritonakin
Msg: 196
Posted: 8/14/2014 10:08:44 AM

Prove to humanity and all other living creatures that I am not the all loving God that I am made out to be ,
If it hasn't been proven enough in history... In other words the 'Truth'....Not fairy tales written down in a dusty old book.

Just so people can consider what God is actually made out to be in that dusty old book....

Proverbs 19:3 A person's own folly leads to their ruin, yet their heart rages against the LORD. (NIV)

"I am made out to be" is very different than "I made myself out to be".

When people say "all loving God", they essentially mean one who would not have allowed pain, war, hunger, etc., etc....
-in other words, a God who would remove responsibility from people.

In that "old dusty book", God makes himself out to be someone very different -yet far more all-loving.

The truth -not fairy tale -is that the end result cannot be achieved without the present state. This is true whether or not you believe in God.
We could not be here if we were not first there -and we cannot get there without first being here.

If you believe there is no God, then men are solely responsible for their past, present and future state -as much as they can be held responsible based on their knowledge, understanding, decisions and actions.
It would also be true that things just generally suck and nothing can be done about it. Bad things happen and that's the end of the matter -no matter what we try. Someone will eventually mess things up.
We are responsible for trying to achieve some state of order and peace for a population whose ignorance is constantly refreshed and whose wisdom constantly dies with the minds which contain it. Hopefully, something can be passed on successfully. Hopefully, we can survive ourselves, natural disasters and cosmic events long enough to think of something which might work with some degree of success.

The truth is that God takes ultimate responsibility for the existence of even evil -for the fact that just when we get the gist of being human we die.... and everything else -even what we do wrong -but he holds us responsible and accountable -when we are -so that we can become more responsible.

God says he is accountable to himself -and that is a state we need to achieve.

The truth is also that nothing which has been destroyed cannot be repaired, there are none that have died who cannot live again, and there is no pain that cannot be removed. We can conceive of how such things might be done -we simply do not have the power yet.

The truth is that God is fast-tracking everything -not only moving us to a better state faster than otherwise possible (if possible at all) - but also actually preventing much self-imposed suffering.

The main issues are that we can affect each other and our shared environment adversely -and that the environment can affect us adversely. Animals simply deal with it. They steal from each other -wreck each others homes and stuff -eat each other and die when they die -and that's fine by them.
We are the only ones who complain about it -because we are meant for something more (though some humans are quite "animalistic").

The answer is that we need to stop affecting each other and our shared environment adversely -and we need to become invulnerable to our environment by changing our bodies or controlling natural and cosmic events -or both.

How can we do that? How can we achieve these things? Even if we did not destroy ourselves or did not otherwise become extinct -can we? Is it even within our own power?

Could it ever have been achieved without experience?

God could make everything all right FOR US -but that would mean he could not make us all right -that we would not learn to make everything all right because he would have to remove choice, creativity, responsibility and accountability.

In other words, he could not reproduce himself -he could not make more gods -which is the whole point.

Joh_10:34 Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?

Rom 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

Php 3:21 Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself.

Isa 45:5-7 I am the LORD, and there is none else, there is no God beside me: I girded thee, though thou hast not known me: That they may know from the rising of the sun, and from the west, that there is none beside me. I am the LORD, and there is none else. I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.
 dowhatyouwill
Msg: 197
Posted: 8/19/2014 5:14:57 PM
You already are a god-like being.
 April1963
Msg: 198
Posted: 8/19/2014 6:03:46 PM
^^^^
Wise words......Food for the soul.!Thanks.

Have a nice evening!

April.
 funchesf
Msg: 199
Posted: 8/20/2014 3:10:52 PM
if I was the Lord ...oops...er.... I meant God, no matter how I used my super powers when it came to Mankind it would come off as being evil because I would only be able to create imperfection, because if I created something more perfect than myself then I would no longer be God the creation would become God, this is why when it comes to dealing with non-omnipotent lifeforms if you use your powers you would come off as being a bully, which is why it's best to take a page from Star Trek and take the oath of "The Prime Directive"

but for the sake of argument let's say that I did use my super powers on Mankind because I was under some type of union contract or something, in this case I would take away the need for food water and shelter just to see which direction Mankind would take ..hopefully it would move towards a one world government based on Altruism ..if not then I might come back and Great Flood the place again...just kidding

but anyway if I was God and didn't have to deal with non-omnipotent entities such as humans then I would journey beyond myself, but of course there is the claim that nothing existed before God's existence, but that concept can be challenged by asking one question ...

THE QUESTION
which existed first...... God or knowledge?
 CressB
Msg: 200
view profile
History
Posted: 8/23/2014 2:04:27 AM
What do you mean if?
Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  > What would you do, if you were a god?