Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > High school reunions      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 phoenix_55
Msg: 26
High school reunionsPage 2 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
^^^Thank you, hamilton12345 ... it's nice to hear something positive. While I'm certainly not going with the intention of landing a boyfriend/husband, etc., the idea of reconnecting with people I share common ground with is certainly more enticing than meeting a stranger on a dating site. I've always done better in real life, so who knows? I'm going with an open mind ;)
 Like2dance
Msg: 27
view profile
History
High school reunions
Posted: 6/7/2013 3:55:39 PM
I attended my class's twentieth and thirtieth reunions and each time it was a truly joyous experience. I reconnected with several men and women I had known in high school. It was good to see them and catch up with our lives. No new or rekindled relationships came of either one of them, though. I took my wife to the 20th and she was bored to death along with other spouses who knew no one. At the 30th I was divorced as were many of my classmates. I took a woman I was seeing and several of my classmates asked her whose daughter she was. She and I had a good laugh over that!
 Sciencetreker
Msg: 28
view profile
History
High school reunions
Posted: 6/8/2013 8:21:09 AM
I attend get togethers every few years. Absolute blast. So great when some tidbit recalls a memory and there is is some hilarious outburst. So what if people are fat, obnoxious or dead. The whole experience is like stepping into another universe. Too much stimulation for a mere mortal...look forward to the next one. I hope to be a hundred and only three of us are left...me, the guy I couldn't stand and the hottest girl is school....we'll still be rolling on the floor laughing about some stupid incident in gym class.
 brisco414
Msg: 29
High school reunions
Posted: 6/8/2013 9:56:59 AM
I've gone to all of my High School reunions with the exception of my 35th which was last year. All of them were a lot of fun. Some of my classmates looked pretty much the same while time and lifestyle wasn't very kind to others. I did reconnect with an old boyfriend at one of them (30th) but we were at such different places in our lives that it would have never worked.

Go and enjoy yourself Phoenix. If anything, it is a nice night out reconnecting with old friends and sharing memories.
 lostnfoundluv
Msg: 30
High school reunions
Posted: 6/8/2013 10:07:24 AM
Life is full of surprises . you blink and you miss it . keep your eyes and heart open all the time .
 HonestDeception
Msg: 31
High school reunions
Posted: 7/14/2013 6:06:33 PM
I'm glad I searched for this topic before creating a new one. I was hesitant about going to my 30th reunion ... 31st to be exact. Why am I going? I wasn't pretty, on any teams, did any scholastic achievements - yet I find myself going out of curiosity. I look good now ... not because I was born that way ... because I found fitness and health ... have a competitive job ... own my own house ... but am single. I am probably hoping that there are other single guys there. I don't know. For whatever reason I am going ... I still don't know why.
 PS_4
Msg: 32
view profile
History
High school reunions
Posted: 7/14/2013 7:27:25 PM
I can't see myself driving 1,000 miles to go to mine next year.
 Like2dance
Msg: 33
view profile
History
High school reunions
Posted: 7/14/2013 9:14:24 PM
Go!!! I have missed a couple but each one has been rewarding.
 cooldog65
Msg: 34
view profile
History
High school reunions
Posted: 7/14/2013 9:21:47 PM
Some of the people that were nerds, unattractive etc became much better looking.

This sexy beast cooldog65 is exhibit A.

I had a blast at my 20 as I had more dance partners than I ever had at the school dances. My 30 is next month and I'm sure I'll have the same blast I did last time. I'm single and ready to mingle!
 phoenix_55
Msg: 35
High school reunions
Posted: 7/15/2013 1:31:58 PM
Well, I'm happy to report my 40th was a blast! Hadn't seen most of those people in 40 years, but it was like no time had passed. Even gave my number to a couple of old classmates ;)
 HonestDeception
Msg: 36
High school reunions
Posted: 7/15/2013 3:29:47 PM
I'm glad to hear you had a good time.

I get on the phone with two old classmates that I hung out with after high school as well. We are talking about this reunion - well, I was ... yet they were talking about comments from other people. I thought ... still the gossipers aren't they ... some things never change.

I decided no high school reunion for me.

Whoever said leave high school at high school ... its so true.

I now remember why I was so glad it was over.

Some people want to relive their high school and early adult years ... I'm not one of them.
 activemelaney
Msg: 37
view profile
History
High school reunions
Posted: 7/15/2013 4:00:18 PM
Phoenix. Glad you enjoyed yourself. Keep those numbers.

Cooldog. Good for you. A woman loves a man who gets out on the dance floor.

I'm envious. Still 2 years off until our next gathering and I wouldn't miss it unless I'm in a coma. Every intention of showing off off my still trim figure and the new man in my life. Catty, gossipy, ha! ha! Why not. We're so adult and mature in the rest of our life so it's like attending a hallowe'en party and regressing into teenage angst and silliness.
 or_current_resident
Msg: 38
High school reunions
Posted: 7/15/2013 6:05:27 PM

I attend get together s every few years. Absolute blast. So great when some tidbit recalls a memory and there is is some hilarious outburst. So what if people are fat, obnoxious or dead. The whole experience is like stepping into another universe. Too much stimulation for a mere mortal...look forward to the next one.

Great response, as if your a guy, we all changed and got older. Yet in all those growing in the Formative years, those were ours alone,and ours to share together as class mates etc to live cry and love alone and sometimes together, if you didn't know that already by now. I know that what makes it soooo special to me....

Ps, as where I grew up many moons ago , we still do Grammar School Reunions, it's a Catholic thing I think.....lol
 moonchildmn
Msg: 39
High school reunions
Posted: 7/15/2013 6:18:11 PM
Funny, I was out on a date not long ago and the guy said "have you tried getting in touch with guys from high school?" It was a strange comment but he knew I was "just" dating. Anyway, I hadn't even thought about it. Sooooo..........

I went to my 30th reunion a few days ago, and since he planted the seed I started looking. They were all married so I hung out with my fav girlfriends and guy friends that I haven't seen in years. I had a fantastic time. And I went home alone (again!)

So, no....no old flame success stories here.
 remaining_optimistic
Msg: 40
High school reunions
Posted: 7/16/2013 5:03:22 PM
Went to my 10 year a few years back only because the girl i was dating at the time went to the same school but dropped out and in order to go you had to have graduated so we did the whole loop hole thing. We were both kinda outcasts back then and not in the popular crowd. Not much had changed the groups that were friends back then were still friendly and not very welcoming if you weren't in that group back then. Like others have said its kinda funny or karma that the good looking popular ones had gone down hill or hit rock bottom. My date proceeded to get drunk and tell a bunch of people off which added a some excitement but also ment we had to make an early exit. I had stayed in touch with the people i liked back then and most of them didn't go to the reunion. I only had a few girls i guess you could say i liked backed then but nothing that special and some hadn't changed at all.

On a little side note of how people change growing up there was a family with 4 girls across the street. Brought up very strict Catholic straight A students kinda dorky and nothing that would make you look twice. I was one of the bad boys in the neighbor hood and wasn't really allowed to hang out with them. The one that is the same age as me I came across her on facebook a few years back, wow has she changed. At the time see had a full on multi colored Mohawk all inked up and pierced and looking good. I had to do a double take and a little digging i couldn't be leave it was the same girl. We talk online every now and again but always miss each other when she is in town visiting. To bad she lives in New York now with no plans of ever coming back to this small town or id be all over it.
 activemelaney
Msg: 41
view profile
History
High school reunions
Posted: 7/16/2013 5:46:11 PM
What comes up at most reunions is that just about everyone was as self-centered in high school as I was. Nobody noticed or cared about the pimple on my nose. They had their own angst. Everyone thought everyone else was more popular. Everyone thought everyone else had more friends and had their act together. A lot of us saw ourselves on the fringe where the reality is that just about everyone else was too. The same came up at a college reunion. The first year of college I thought I was the only one struggling to figure out what was going on. Turns out I wasn't alone.

Teenagers are self conscious and full of social angst. We were still in the larva stage developing into adults. At reunions, besides the fun, it has been a type of therapy discovering that I wasn't any weirder than anyone else. We were all weird.
 Hamilton12345
Msg: 42
High school reunions
Posted: 7/16/2013 6:36:21 PM

Teenagers are self conscious and full of social angst. We were still in the larva stage developing into adults. At reunions, besides the fun, it has been a type of therapy discovering that I wasn't any weirder than anyone else. We were all weird.

Isn't that the truth. While I have seen people from time to time over the years, last year I spent 8 hours over dinner (I know crazy) with my two best friends from high school. The envied me for what they thought was a wonderful home life compared to theirs, little did they know.

I also made a comment about struggling with the math in my post-grad certificate program and how stupid it made me feel because I needed help at every stage. Their reply - but you were always the smart and confident one! I was stunned, didn't feel smart til I was in my 40s.
 CyclistWill77
Msg: 43
view profile
History
High school reunions
Posted: 7/16/2013 10:05:16 PM
My senior class didn't even have a 10 year reunion, and I have my doubts for a 20. I think I might have had the most apathetic class ever. Our class motto was "Whatever". If we have a 20 year, I might go, but not because I hope to come across a long lost flame (there isn't one.) I'm 100% sure there are the same number of people are interested now as were back then, zero. It might be interesting to possible see some people I haven't seen since the day I graduated.
 Ainen
Msg: 44
High school reunions
Posted: 7/25/2013 3:00:06 PM
My 25th is this weekend. Looks like attendance might be low.

A "girlfriend" this spring thought I'll hook up with classmates at the reunion. She also viewed the Facebook pages of my FB friend classmates and asked which ones I dated, and she tried to guess which ones were exes. One reason I have nothing to do with her is she's jealous and possessive. She even said she might message my FB friends to ask them things about me.
 Doremi_Fasolatido
Msg: 45
view profile
History
High school reunions
Posted: 7/26/2013 6:30:35 AM
My 40th reunion is next year. Sometime. I have'nt been to any of the previous HS reunions though. When I graduated I moved on and never looked back.

I graduated in 1974. Who remembers what the big fad was back then?? Can you say STREAKERS... Well, at my graduation there were two of them. The ceremony was in the football stadium and yes, there they went across the field and out the back gate. I never did find out who they were.

I ought to find out when the reunion is next year. You sure won't catch me streaking but it would'nt surprise me if someone did.... At this age that would be wrong on so many levels though....
 Sciencetreker
Msg: 46
view profile
History
High school reunions
Posted: 7/26/2013 7:19:12 AM
^^^^^

Also graduated in 1974. Can still fit in the same jeans. Then again, if streaking wouldn't be wearing any. I remember a few of us met up two years later and played 'Pong'...we were quite cutting edge university know-it-alls by then.
 yerkiddinrite
Msg: 47
High school reunions
Posted: 7/26/2013 8:45:19 AM
I'm going to my 35th high school reunion in a couple of months..........the last one I went to was our 10 year and I was married then. Now I'm single. I recently met up with our class nerd on Facebook a few months ago and guess what? He is no longer a nerd and actually looks pretty darn good. He is coming in from out of state and I'm looking forward to seeing him again. He's single now too!
 trinity818
Msg: 48
view profile
History
High school reunions
Posted: 7/26/2013 8:57:50 AM
I graduated early, in January 78' in Indiana. I didn't even go to the ceremony in June...just picked up my diploma at the school. All but one of my friends were at least a year older and I had already been out of school for 6 months.

Here we are...35 years and at least 20 addresses later. I now live in Florida and have a different last name and they STILL managed to find me to send repeated pleas for confirmation of my location and identity.

I know that "one friend" is somehow responsible. It's the only way I can see that they could have found me. She is the only one who would know my current last name and the fact that I'm in Florida. But even she has not had my address for quite a few years.
 KalGrl
Msg: 49
view profile
History
High school reunions
Posted: 7/26/2013 9:08:52 AM
Another class of 1974
Streakers LOL thanks for reminding me we had one on the last day of class
Never found out who it was.
 Maleman999
Msg: 50
High school reunions
Posted: 7/26/2013 9:35:09 AM
I never understood the intrigue with high school reunions. If you went for four years, by the time you take into account the time off with summer holidays and all of the other time off during the school year, it means you only actually spent about three years in high school. That's just a tiny blip on the radar screen in the grand scheme of life. What other three year period of your life do you reminisce as much and place so much importance on? To each, their own. For me, high school meant spending 3 years /4 year program of being forced to memorize useless crap that I will never use in real life in order to pass. I always had good grades and got along fine with everyone, but it has no importance in my life other than it was required to go to college.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > High school reunions