Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 furbysarefun
Msg: 17
The Best Sex Ever....Page 2 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
Maybe you took the what the person said in the wrong context. Maybe they meant. They were the best person they had ever dated. Men always jave sex on the brain and take a simple comment to be a sexual inuendo.
 femaleconnection
Msg: 18
The Best Sex Ever....
Posted: 6/14/2013 9:57:18 AM
This is why I dont talk about my ex...never mind our past sex life.

WhenI was chatting with men from here, if they asked questions in this area, Id tell them I prefer not to talk behind peoples back. If they didnt get the hint, I just stopped talking to them, period. Not a match.

The next person doesnt need to be compared sexually to someone who is no longer part of my life. Each experience with someone different is unique, exciting. They cannot be compared.
 _islandbird
Msg: 19
The Best Sex Ever....
Posted: 6/14/2013 10:09:40 AM
......I can only speak from the female perspective here, but many years ago, on a "girls only" night out, we tried to identify common denominators of men we each considered outstanding lovers. After lots of jokes about the best looks or physique, or the biggest package, etc, it quickly became obvious that these factors had little, if anything to do with a man's skill as a lover. Of course, they are nice "bonuses", but they don't determine the degree of pleasure that a skillful lover brings to a woman.
We were a pretty decent looking group of gals back in those days and didn't have much problem attracting guys. Each of us had at least one tale to recount of hooking up with a handsome, well hung dude whose skill in the sack was somewhere between laughable and pathetic. These guys were sexually selfish, premature ejaculators, who either didn't know or care what gave a woman pleasure as long as they got THEIR rocks off. The "ick" factor of an encounter like that is so great, I think a few of us set land-speed records getting away........... just a cloud of dust heading over the horizon.
But I digress.................... the common denominators we did identify in great lovers were things like the family environment in which these guys were raised. Almost without exception, in our experiences, "great lovers" came from strong, intact family environments where there was a strong male/father figure who shared a knowledge and attitude of appreciation for and protectiveness towards women. And more importantly, there were also LOTS of strong female figures (Moms, Grandmas, sisters, Aunts, etc.) that they interacted with consistently, virtually from birth. These men were raised to genuinely like and appreciate women AS PEOPLE and to be appropriately protective of their women. They are comfortable around all women and women are comfortable with them, whether the relationships are sexual or platonic.

These men also seemed to understand intuitively that, no matter what their physical attributes may be, they still needed to educate themselves in the fine points of giving another human being pleasure. It is a skill set that people have been writing books about for thousands of years..................... think Kama Sutra, etc........................... Great lovers are NOT sexually selfish. They get as much satisfaction from giving pleasure as from getting. These are the guys that provide the kind of transcendent experience women will remember for all time. The kind that can still make you blush and smile decades later. They aren't the type who think that yelling "Brace yourself" constitutes foreplay :-) They know how to do things with and to your body that transport you to another dimension and to provide orgasm(s) that explode through every cell of your being. They make you SO happy to be a woman.

As several posters have pointed out, it is tasteless to TALK about your "best sex ever" ............... and it is also tasteless to ASK about their best sexual experience, or HOW YOU COMPARE. In our discussion group, the reality was that most of the women there were NOT married to/partnered with the man who had provided their "best sex ever". We swore an oath that no SPECIFICS divulged that evening would ever be repeated. There are more component parts to what constitutes a relationship, and sometimes we need to be pragmatic in our choices.
 LoneScottishBoy
Msg: 20
view profile
History
The Best Sex Ever....
Posted: 6/14/2013 10:39:59 AM
Best sex ever?

I feel the best sex ever is with the person you are with right now....relationshipwise.
Any fantasies you have for the future havent happened and any memories of past events are just that...past.

As far as shooting themselvesin the foot, if it's not said with integrity and forethought it has the potential to be damaging. So it's always a good idea to consider your words carefully with things like this.
Actually thats probably true all the time.
 Confident-Realist
Msg: 21
The Best Sex Ever....
Posted: 6/14/2013 11:42:05 AM

Every once in a while seen people post a comment about an Ex-boyfriend or an Ex-girlfriend along the lines of this person or that person gave them the "best sex ever"... Like in the thread about "Can a woman be spoiled by a big penis"

It depends on how she takes it to heart though. A one-night-stand being "the best sex ever" because it was just once (or twice) and the situation itself helped to make it really compelling because that's all there was. It hit a "sweet spot" and it was limited.

An ex-boyfriend going on about and she felt it was the best sex ever, with a sigh while staring at the clouds -- yeah, that would be a head scratcher. That's not a Spring Break event with "this one guy, this one night" -- it's a guy she had a relationship seeing all the highs & lows -- but MISSING that sex. It directly implies that you aren't good enough in that department if she MISSES it. IMO, that's the key, where one should be concerned vs not concerned.
 ouija2013
Msg: 22
The Best Sex Ever....
Posted: 6/14/2013 12:32:16 PM
I think it should be the bestest sex ever.
The Dolly story wins the prize for the week lol. Now that stupid song/vid is trapped in my brain.
 Peppermint_Petunias
Msg: 23
view profile
History
The Best Sex Ever....
Posted: 6/14/2013 2:27:55 PM

Nah, I would never go back to any/all my Exs anyway... Let them remember me as their "best ever" as usual

There you go dragging up the pleasure/pain for all of us to relive your memory as you break us into a billion little pieces..with such few words :>)
 or_current_resident
Msg: 24
The Best Sex Ever....
Posted: 6/14/2013 4:09:05 PM
... the common denominators we did identify in great lovers were things like the family environment in which these guys were raised. Almost without exception, in our experiences, "great lovers" came from strong, intact family environments where there was a strong male/father figure who shared a knowledge and attitude of appreciation for and protectiveness towards women. And more importantly, there were also LOTS of strong female figures (Moms, Grandmas, sisters, Aunts, etc.) that they interacted with consistently, virtually from birth. These men were raised to genuinely like and appreciate women AS PEOPLE and to be appropriately protective of their women. They are comfortable around all women and women are comfortable with them, whether the relationships are sexual or platonic.

You makes some good points in a healthy relationship emotionally & sexually for the most part, in how the apple does not fall from the tree. Some have more worms then others....

Sex is just sex which is wonderful,but sex with your partner,lover, and best friend is a priceless pleasure & experience! And the reason I'm smiling is proof enough! lol

Sex is good but with love unselfishness is divine.
 Archiver
Msg: 25
The Best Sex Ever....
Posted: 6/14/2013 4:30:27 PM
Sex is not a competition. Sure, there have been peak experiences to reminisce about, and some lousy ones to regret, but a partner who got bent out of shape and insecure because of a liaison of my past would probably become history quickly.

For goodness sake, learn from your partner's history. Explore why it was so great, talk about what was pleasing, experiment with each other, have fun with your bodies. Isn't that what it's all about?
 gtomustang
Msg: 26
The Best Sex Ever....
Posted: 6/14/2013 4:45:30 PM
1) when you connect with a person, what reactions occur in your crotch may not matter so much as what reactions happen in your brain (the second biggest sex organ after your skin--if you don't know how your skin can be a sex organ, you can research the internet on that subject). you really want the TYPE of person you're in bed with, they are willing to share everything about themselves with you, and the sex(ual experience) is wunnnnderful.

maybe that's what these people are really referring to. sex is like beer--there's the buzz, or there can be more than the buzz. it can be an experience of savoring the impact of an IPA, or it can be a guzzle of cheap beer to get a quick high or it can be a moment of sharing with someone important in your life or it can be...whatever you bring to it.

2)I dated a former model who at the time had a married guy trying to get desperately into her pants. She put him off by telling him in detail how her legs quivered after my oral. But he came back after he got over his jealousy that I was giving her her first oral O's. the point is, if you want something...you ain't gonna worry she's "ruined" by the past bad choices or good choices she's made.

in some cases, the pursuing guy has such a desperate need for ego stroking, he WANTS a girl he has to prove how good he is to. and in other cases, the guy isn't worried about what the woman wants, he wants what he wants. so what if she's "ruined" by a good drilling, he's still going to try to get her too.

3)I lost my cherry to a woman who not only pined for her ex, she still worked with him during the week while I was away at university (we dated on the weekend). Pining for a man she saw 5 times a week didn't make her not want to have the pleasure of sex or intimacy ever again with someone else. I'd pick her up on Fridays, she'd spend 15 minutes telling me how hard it was to work around the guy (he was dating someone else), and once she got to vent, it was my shoes under her bed, and my eyes she was looking into for the rest of the weekend.

she was welcome to her feelings. but she still gave me respect. I knew how far the relationship wasn't going to go, which made it possible to know exactly when to end it, rather than let it drag into the mud.

in the end, intelligent people find each other...but so do the stupid people :)
 DragonBits
Msg: 27
The Best Sex Ever....
Posted: 7/11/2013 8:58:04 AM

Almost without exception, in our experiences, "great lovers" came from strong, intact family environments where there was a strong male/father figure who shared a knowledge and attitude of appreciation for and protectiveness towards women. And more importantly, there were also LOTS of strong female figures (Moms, Grandmas, sisters, Aunts, etc.) that they interacted with consistently, virtually from birth. These men were raised to genuinely like and appreciate women AS PEOPLE and to be appropriately protective of their women. They are comfortable around all women and women are comfortable with them, whether the relationships are sexual or platonic.

I totally agree, but with a woman it has to be a strong loving father that was most important.
 Ladyinred4755
Msg: 28
The Best Sex Ever....
Posted: 7/11/2013 9:15:33 AM
With a man who liked ALL of me ( from my brain, all the way to my toes), or as they say, "love is blind" LOL. If he didn't like something, he chose to be blind to it. LMAO You haven't heard me while I'm sleeping!
 NtvNtv
Msg: 29
The Best Sex Ever....
Posted: 7/11/2013 8:49:21 PM
Oh......the Title of the thread caught my eye..................thought my ex was writing about me!

Just kidding...LOL
 tampasmiles
Msg: 30
The Best Sex Ever....
Posted: 7/12/2013 6:48:12 PM
Isn't having the best sex ever more dependent upon you knowing how to make it that way for yourself first...then no matter who the other person in the room is...it will be the best sex ever....every time. If you can find the pleasure in being with the person you have chosen to be with...how can it not be the best every time.
 Debisusanne
Msg: 31
The Best Sex Ever....
Posted: 7/12/2013 8:06:02 PM

Most people do NOT want to eat "the best meal ever" over and over again.

The best anything ever.. eventually becomes boring... lol..

But with my experience.. each man after my ex husband became the best ever.. one after another.. (minus the last big penis).. lol.. he was a d!ck..

I think i am just learning to enjoy the chemistry.. and the love they give... the ones who make me feel MOST loved.. were the best ever.. and hopefully..

someone .... someday.. .. makes me feel loved again.. at this point.. i feel no hope.

(i am content tho)
 Dramafree_509
Msg: 32
view profile
History
The Best Sex Ever....
Posted: 7/14/2013 4:59:22 PM
I've been told that by my ex's that I'm the best sex that they've ever had.. But like most say just cause the sex is great doesn't mean that the relationship is gonna be a great one either... Someone else is always gonna be better at certain things and even have them over you in the future or even that person won't want you outta there site at times cause they can't get enough of you if its the best ever. Just depends on the person and really how open to sex they really are.. Nothing personal but some don't want a commitment and just want to have a few friends with benefits cause they can't commit to one person and say sex is just sex. But they also can't really say they love you either.
 Ratsrule
Msg: 33
view profile
History
The Best Sex Ever....
Posted: 7/19/2013 1:30:37 PM
Well i tend to think that their ex was the best sex ever before they met me so the phrase is not really a problem in itself. In all seriousness sex generally gets better the older you get (or so i've found) and with each partner you experience more and grow more confident in your likes and dislikes, so it wouldn't worry me.

It would put my guard up a bit though as to whether they were actually over the Ex in question.
 Deadliest_Snatch
Msg: 34
The Best Sex Ever....
Posted: 7/25/2013 6:33:46 AM
The last time I spoke with other people about the particulars of a sexual encounter, was as a virgin in high school when we were quizzing a more experienced girl in our group about what happens during sex.

I do NOT speak with others about penis size, shape or other particular components of sexual encounters.

My parents were very affectionate and it was obvious they enjoyed a rich expression of intimacy, but I guess I understood that what happens on an intimate level is actually INTIMATE.

Sex is a sort of secret garden where two (or more, as desired) people go to explore their mutual desires and urges.

I really don't understand discussing your personal encounters with others ?!?!
 BelleAtlantic
Msg: 35
The Best Sex Ever....
Posted: 7/25/2013 8:07:54 AM

If you were interested in someone... and you found that in their postings... or perhaps they said something in real life along the same lines, would you still want a serious relationship with them or would it put you off...?

If you become affected by it, then what does that say about you? Are we forgetting that it is only real when people meet in person? How is reading someone's posting any indication of what you're going to feel about them in person. There are so many dimensions to who people are, if that this is the only one taken into consideration, then we are all f*cked.

But seriously, would you want to have a relationship with someone who might always think of her or his ex as "the best sex ever"????

What takes place before me or after me, is of no importance to me. Someone's sexual past/future satisfaction influencing whether I would consider them for a relationship or not? my mind wonders why people even think of these things.

Are these people who post or say these things, shooting themselves in the foot so to speak...?

Shooting themselves in the foot because a man/woman would take what others post to mean they can't/won't be the best sex ever for that person, that's ludicrous.
 ellymyosotis
Msg: 36
view profile
History
The Best Sex Ever....
Posted: 7/26/2013 10:32:01 AM
The best sex ever are the very few and occasional people you allow into your head as well as your body.
 Cynderella
Msg: 38
view profile
History
The Best Sex Ever....
Posted: 7/29/2013 10:34:46 AM
^^^ I agree...I have on my profile, Here for the Forums. "The What?" ^^^

What a nice change...when we have something nice to say about our ex's!

Someone will always be the best at something...is it not human behaviour to strive to be the best at anything and everything?
As for words written or spoken, it's just that...words.
I know and speak for myself...I don't make love to my man and in the middle start to compare notes on performance or size.
If this is taking place...you must then ask one's self: what am I doing here?

You may not be this or that like the ex but perhaps you are best at something else...don't over think the little stuff.
 Deadliest_Snatch
Msg: 40
The Best Sex Ever....
Posted: 8/5/2013 12:38:18 PM
One time ... this guy wanted me to dress up in a dragon suit and burn off his pubes with a propane torch. Later, I used the torch to make creme brulee.
 NtvNtv
Msg: 41
The Best Sex Ever....
Posted: 8/5/2013 5:54:02 PM
^^^^
...disgusting........
 Just_Bopping_Around
Msg: 42
The Best Sex Ever....
Posted: 8/5/2013 6:02:22 PM

One time ... this guy wanted me to dress up in a dragon suit and burn off his pubes with a propane torch. Later, I used the torch to make creme brulee.

You really *are* the deadliest snatch.
 curviest
Msg: 43
view profile
History
The Best Sex Ever....
Posted: 8/11/2013 9:00:35 AM
What or who is sex supposed to be for, anyway?

This question arose in my mind after having a guy ask me if I like sex, and when I replied "Depends with whom" he was bewildered. In his book, a woman either likes it (and therefore will do it with him) or she doesn't. Are people really this undiscerning? To me it matters 100% who it is with!
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >