Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 abmccray
Msg: 73
view profile
History
Meet anyone who is jealous of your dogs?Page 4 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)

I have dated men with dogs which is why I no longer date men with dogs. I like dogs, have owned dogs and I am not jealous of dogs...but I am just not willing to deal with the bad behaviors of their owners.

Whenever I dated a guy with a dog, he would let his dog out in my yard but not clean up after, we could not go anywhere for more than a couple hours because the dog might need to go outside, he would want to go do something with the guys and expected to kennel the dog at my place even though I, too, had a life and friends. Most did noteven bother to treat or groom their dogs and I'd come home from a date to find fleas and/or ticks on my socks, or they let their dogs chew/run loose/bark/mark through the house and not discipline them. After several such experiences, I now only date men who do not have dogs.

That's not a reflection of dog owners, that's a reflection of you having a broken picker and choosing to go out with irresponsible men. If those men didn't have dogs, they'd still have the same issues, evidenced elsewhere. Why are you trying to take the onus off of your own failings?
 Archangel_07
Msg: 74
Meet anyone who is jealous of your dogs?
Posted: 10/4/2012 6:55:01 AM
I'm not jealous of anyone's pets. I have my own and I take care of my cat. One thing I do have a problem with is HOW PEOPLE TAKE CARE AND TRAIN their pets. My mom has a dog and she used to be out of control, till Mom and I trained her. When people come over to her house the dog knows how to act right and so does my cat, my cat is more anti-social around people accept toward my cousin and myself, the cat will just go outside when people are around and comes back in when she's ready. My Mom dog is quiet and doesn't jump around scratching on people's legs, she may sniff ya to know who the person is but she is well behaved.

When I used to bring dates in the house it would not effect our intimate time together. But now that I'm living in a apartment with a roommate I have to respect the space of my roommate and not just bring random people to the house without knowing them well enough to trust them, the cat I don't have to worry about, it's more my roommate and I understand that because we both like our respect of house.
 LukeMM23
Msg: 75
Meet anyone who is jealous of your dogs?
Posted: 10/5/2012 1:50:25 PM
No. But, I have actually met a lot of women from POF, who were jealous of my dead mother, because I constantly wear a metal wrist band to remember her. Like someone getting a tattoo with their dead loved one's name on it. Well, I don't like the idea of getting tattoo, so I got a wrist band. It's on my left wrist. It's not the gay side. lol. But, these women still end up, acting weird when I tell them about it. Are they really expecting me to give up the memory of my mother?? LOL
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >