Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Health Wellness  > Why do most men look twice their age after 50?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 DoubleParked
Msg: 72
Why do most men look twice their age after 50?Page 4 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
A bit off topic, but 'dahling darling' wrote---
In my country, America, I find most guys tend to have that all used up look after 30.

The poster is all of 23 years old. When I was that age, anyone 30 and older looked positively ANCIENT. haha (not to mention we didn't 'trust anyone over thirty'!)

Guess it all depends on where you're standing.
 Peppermint_Petunias
Msg: 73
view profile
History
Why do most men look twice their age after 50?
Posted: 1/19/2014 1:51:57 PM

When I was that age, anyone 30 and older looked positively ANCIENT. haha (not to mention we didn't 'trust anyone over thirty'!)

Guess it all depends on where you're standing.

I found between 25 and 35 a lot of us went from looking like babies to "old" really quick. Reality as they say "bites".
30, being average.
Most of us were early into stressful careers, 1st mistake marriage or i should say divorce,young children/older parents and social pressures to have what our parents did or better. Stress. It will age you fast.

Its seems most lighten up a bit after 40 and start to look our age/better again.

Most of us look younger than our parents did at our age unless they just don't care.
Look at this pic of what the ave over 50's woman looked like in1960.
She is between 55-58 here if my time line is right.

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm3948456704/nm0062592?ref_=nm_phs_md_3
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
 dahlingdarling
Msg: 74
view profile
History
Posted: 1/19/2014 7:22:33 PM

Quite possibly they forget all about fitness. What is the first question a woman asks her friend about a new man she recently met?

Meh in my experiences/observations it's never his looks that's like the third question while the first question depends on her personality, social environment, and age. For myself it's been like this:
under 18: who does he hang with? (I find the question's meaning is to determine his popularity and social rank)
18 - 23: what is he like? (I find the question's meaning is to determine his personality)

24 - 27: how much does he make?/what does he do? (I find the question's meaning is to determine his stability and if he makes as much as her)

28 - 35: is he looking for something serious? (I find the question's meaning is to determine his commitment and desire for marriage)
 contrapuntal
Msg: 75
Posted: 1/27/2014 8:58:19 PM
Testosterone levels drop.
 calguy14
Msg: 76
Posted: 12/29/2014 5:43:01 AM
^^^
This.The morning wood stats back this up.Sometimes you see a guy,and they were born with very favorable genetics,and still look good into their late forties.And then rather suddenly over 2-3 years they start to get a belly,which might change their gait,and maybe change their face and neck.And it can be quite dramatic.You have to look after yourself when you get older,nobody else will.
 Countryheart1967
Msg: 77
view profile
History
Posted: 12/29/2014 6:20:54 AM

Going to combat can age a person deeply.

True, but not always. I dont see myself changing too much in the next twenty some months. :)
 calguy14
Msg: 78
Posted: 12/29/2014 2:56:11 PM
^^^
You are on the stronger well equipped side.People on the weaker side have gone through hell.Not to mention pow camps.:)
 Countryheart1967
Msg: 79
view profile
History
Posted: 12/29/2014 9:56:36 PM

You were on the stronger side

Not sure how that made my experience any easier, I have to live with the things I've gone through to this day
 chameleonf
Msg: 80
Posted: 12/30/2014 12:20:22 PM
I think most men tend to look their age (certainly not twice their age), while most women tend to use a lot of smoke and mirror techniques that make their true age questionable. Take the smoke and mirror techniques away and we'd be gasping at what the truth reveals.
 Coma_White
Msg: 81
view profile
History
Posted: 12/30/2014 1:54:01 PM
First, it depends on your weight. Larger people can have less wrinkles in their face because their skin is stretched out more. That's why a lot of women with round faces look younger than the really thin ones.
Secondly, I'm sure a lot of men probably don't use moisturizer or other products for their skin. It may also depend if the person is outside a lot in the elements or in an environment bad for skin.
Thirdly, it probably depends if the guy smokes and drinks a lot. I've seen people that smoke that look twice their age at 40. It makes a huge difference with some people. Depends on genetics too.
Lastly, I think diet plays a big role. So does exercise. People that are eating lots of high fat, processed foods might not age as well as those with a better diet.
 calguy14
Msg: 82
Posted: 12/30/2014 6:42:28 PM
^^^

Plenty of evidence that high carbs cause problems.

Personally,I see more skin damage on my legs that haven't seen as much sun over the past 25 or so years.
 BLoNDeANGeL845
Msg: 84
Posted: 1/4/2015 4:08:49 PM
Low testosterone, smoking, drinking, too much processed food, too little exercise, & poor relationships
 Halcyon_Skies
Msg: 85
Posted: 1/4/2015 5:57:07 PM
Men (and women) who sleep on their sides with their faces crinkled up in their pillows every night tend to look older than those people who sleep on their backs. Also, men and women whose weight fluctuates up and down a lot tend to have looser skin and look older than those who maintain a steady weight. As we age, our skin loses elasticity, and doesn't bounce back as readily as it did when we were younger.
 TrustInKarma
Msg: 86
Posted: 1/7/2015 12:22:06 PM
I've noticed a lot of men on Match especially who claim are in their 40s/50s but look much older . Of course they are still looking for women who are younger than themselves because lol. Some men age better than others. I find a lot of black or Latin or mixed men look very good and younger than their Caucasian counterpart.
Show ALL Forums  > Health Wellness  > Why do most men look twice their age after 50?