Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Wants Children/Does not want Children. Could you change your mind?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 GeordieColin
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Wants Children/Does not want Children. Could you change your mind?Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
Everyone has to state a preference. But how many of you have your mind made up about it? Is it better to have Children while young or wait until your older? Is it better for a child to be born to a 17 year old who is more versed in today's modern world or to someone more Worldly and mature?
 TheRe-SownRose
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Wants Children/Does not want Children. Could you change your mind?
Posted: 7/4/2013 1:01:00 AM
I'd just turned 29, it's a good age I think, I'd enjoyed most of my 20's and looking forward to my 40's with an older child.
I'd be very reluctant to start over again, partly through fear of having to do it all on my own again, but also because my life isn't just being about having children and there is other stuff I want to do.
I'm pretty certain my mind is made upon this....
 Nottinghamfellow
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 7/4/2013 5:45:47 PM
I have oft times been at social gathering where non parents have looked at family groups and have seen the pain they carry for being childless. It's not for me and never was. I have also seen men resolute that they don't want to be dads become one and with true love say how wonderful it all is. . .
 andy1961
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 7/6/2013 11:15:49 AM

People who just say "I want children cos it's what you do, innit" (which I've heard a number of times as a reason for procreating) are likely to produce offspring which may not hugely benefit society. Maybe more education and open discussions can eventually improve the quality of the people in this country and unburden our welfare state, but I fear we have reached a tipping point due to the amount of people reliant on top-ups from our measly tax pool.

Agree with every word.

Indeed, there are many types in this country who shouldn't be allowed to have children!
 GeordieColin
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 7/7/2013 1:53:10 AM

Agree with every word.

Indeed, there are many types in this country who shouldn't be allowed to have children!

For decades we where encouraged to have more children and because of the decline of large families the governments opened up the doors to immigration to counteract the birth decline in order to maintain growth in the economy. So it seems unlikely that having children was deemed a bad thing regardless of the social situation they where born into.
I believe it to be short term gain without consideration for the future.
 Chuzz16
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 7/7/2013 7:47:00 AM

billy, i swear to god you could bring in economics to something as simple as going to the loo!and no, please GOD, don't! lol

Oh go on Billy, I bet it would be hilarious. :))
 DAFT_DOG
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 7/7/2013 1:26:13 PM
I`m 50 now, so no, i dont think i`d change my mind hahahaha, that said,2 exes had kids, one of which had quite young kids ( 7 - 13 ish at the time ), that was no problem at all, but as far myself goes, nope :O)
 GeordieColin
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 7/7/2013 3:26:57 PM
What if some young beautiful thing came along and convinced you that they where prepared to be with you until the end of your days as long as you built the family unit together?
I have Lisicki from Wimbledon tennis waiting for my reply to her friend request in facebook and she has made everything quite plain to me!
 daver987654
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 7/8/2013 5:11:01 AM

7 Daver. Refuses to train believing it uncivilised nethertheless bargain buy from Cheltenham.

You know me so well. Tea and buns at half time?
 ellymyosotis
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 7/14/2013 1:35:28 PM
I would have said I didn't want kids but marrying someone so much older than me (27 years) I had to make the choice then or possibly never.

Glad I took the choice to have children and I would not advise waiting.
 FinalAmend
Msg: 12
Posted: 7/20/2013 6:53:47 PM
I had both kids in my mid twenties and growing up with them has been amazing! I'm very content with them and I'm absolutely sure I don't want anymore. Of course that eliminates 90% of the women in my age group, given most women in their 30's are still looking to have kids etc.
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Wants Children/Does not want Children. Could you change your mind?