Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 MagicBB
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Soap OperasPage 2 of 2    (1, 2)
To each his own. I suppose I can see the appeal in that people enjoy drama and seeing how different lives cross over and people interact with each other. I suppose people may learn about certain social situations too.

Personally, I don't watch any of it, I find that too much of it is misery and it can be hilariously (for what's supposed to be real life, however dramatic) unrealistic.

Still, I have a theory that people care about soap characters because it's like they're a member of their family or 'tribe'. They see someone doing something or suffering and they're automatically attracted to watch what happens and this builds up over time.
 TheRe-SownRose
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Soap Operas
Posted: 7/15/2013 9:39:58 AM
I like watching soaps, I enjoy their pointlessness.
 daver987654
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Soap Operas
Posted: 7/17/2013 5:24:22 AM
Unfortunately some people see soaps as real life and believe that's the way to behave rather than seeing them as just drama productions. I think soaps have had a serious detrimental effect on our society.
 GeordieColin
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Soap Operas
Posted: 8/2/2013 1:37:36 PM
Is it just me or do others think that the more escapist crap a person buys into the further I suspect they are from reality?
 vlad dracul
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Soap Operas
Posted: 8/3/2013 2:30:58 PM
But the soaps ARE full of subliminal messages.
Look at the ' play the white man' story line.
What a load of bollocks.

Soap story lines portray a life that some white middle
class wanker wants life to be because thats how they see
it.

Corrie works best when it's not ishooo driven when its not
portraying working class folk as dafties. Some folk can see
through the dafties vision of how we live our lives.
 monty336
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Soap Operas
Posted: 8/5/2013 1:18:13 PM
i have names constipation st ar5e enders, emmeroid, crookside, constipation st no one signs on all seems to land jobs within walking distance , murders every few years whos next, rovers always customers day and night, i have a friend whos life revovles around the soaps
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  >