Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 lrover
Msg: 33
seems like the older crowd of guys here are only looking for sexPage 4 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
I think I qualify as an older man (39). I'm not that interested in a sex partner, I want a friend, and a cuddle buddy more then anything else. I think it is kind of unfair to paint any group with a single brush.
My X used to say the best way to see if what you are saying isn't politically correct swap in a racial group. So if I said "seems like the (black, asian, polish, jewish, muslim...) crowd of guys here are only looking for sex", it would be frowned upon.
BTW I'm not a racist, and try to be sensitive, so if your ethnic group and race was left out of the list feel free to add it.
Pat
 mrob_rob
Msg: 34
view profile
History
seems like the older crowd of guys here are only looking for sex
Posted: 8/19/2005 10:58:19 AM
how old are old some of us are looking for a lifetime partener.. I am only 28 thew.
 cowboy2487
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 9/19/2005 8:18:46 AM
Hi that is sad,but not me I am looking for a long term relationship.
 Soulfishy
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Posted: 9/19/2005 10:01:20 AM
This is a great conversation, and I hope we all learn something from it!

Since I've been doing the dating site thing, I have noticed that many men will start asking really personal questions almost immediately.(eg "I like a shaved ****" or "I hope you have a little patch of hair") EXCUSE ME?? Who the hell ARE you?

HOWEVER.... From the information I have gathered, its not because all they want is sex, its because its what they think WE want!! Apparently there are women who bear all with web cams, give out their chest size(as stated earlier) show pictures of themselves with toys...Good God people!! Aren't some things better left for behind closed doors!!??

I am embarrased for the female race, sometimes I am embarrassed for the male race, and I am really embarrassed that this is what dating/meeting people has come to...but here I am, searching for my soul mate, I guess because it is so much faster that the conventional methods, or getting up the nerve to talk to someone at the gym, grocery store line-up, coffee bar.....

Here's a funny thought...Imagine walking up to someone at Starbucks, and saying "wink, smile, I'm Loves2eat2, and I notice you are not wearing a wedding ring, do you shave your ****?"

I really dont know what the answer is, but this phenomenon, we are all responsible....we need to respect ourselves and each other...and believe me, I am not a prude!!! BUT, some things should be private, then....LOOK OUT!

Having said all that, I am going to change my name....
 bearzz2002jfa
Msg: 50
Posted: 9/19/2005 3:38:02 PM
i agree dating is exspesive i do also think these woman are on here for a free ride also you take them out wine dine them than they say thank you for the good time your not my type ,thats how they get there free meal for the day , but they will complain if you want to have sex ,maybe they had enough sex when they slept with the other guys and had theere kids . single mothers are mostly the ones not looking for sex .
 Soulfishy
Msg: 52
view profile
History
Posted: 9/19/2005 5:34:42 PM
well said ksue44...

BTW, I changed my name from Milfy to Soulfishy. As one guy asked "do you know what that means???" Well, I do know what a "MILF" is, and I thought the name was cute, but as I said before, we are responsible for the image we portray and the messages we send out.
Cheers
 bearzz2002jfa
Msg: 56
Posted: 9/20/2005 12:22:21 AM
well you should look in the mirror i dont think your getting any younger , besides i did not mean all woman just about 90 percent of them thats not all is it .lol where the other 10 percent is well there out there somwhere.
 idgaf
Msg: 58
Posted: 12/18/2005 7:42:09 AM
Perhaps they realize that allthough sex is but a small part of a relationship it is the foundation which it is built upon.

We are no longer hormone driven sex machines at our peak subject to your charms being waved in our face and demand a satisfactory/compatable sex life not subject to your whims.

My experience is that if you cannot discuss it like an adult you certainly can't do it, with anything that approaches a rewarding experience.

If you don't match my passion and tastes why would I want to get involved in a relationship with you when there is less stress being alone.

These threads are informative to use to learn who not to approach and waste our time with men bashers.

If sex isn't part of a relationship perhaps you should be looking for a roomate or a platonic companion or keep your profile hidden like your is.
 ladywyatt
Msg: 60
Posted: 11/25/2011 9:54:44 AM
"Immagine going out and meeting a woman and having a great time socially.Having great conversations ,finding lots of common ground ,enjoying each other immensly. Finally getting together to make love (NOT SEX) only to find the woman knows nothing about how to please a man.The wet fish cold and unemmotional.Just lays there .The poor guy has worked hard at making this night special only to find the woman he has came to love ,doesn't know how to"

wwinniethepoohh and all you guys who think questioning a woman about her sexual preferences guarantees a great time in bed so you aren't wasting your time wooing her....imagine this news flash!.....People lie!

Yup even the men who brag about their bedroom skills are generally crap in bed...so what makes you think a woman would never do the same thing...
 Dr.Z2008
Msg: 61
view profile
History
Posted: 11/25/2011 10:22:57 AM
Honey here's the news... ALL men I don't care if they are older,younger or even that nice 95 year old gran gran papa want to have sex at the beginning (unless the are "virgin-ridiculous")
. Marriage or a relationship is something you must EARN with a man.I will admit that most of the men out there will act nicer,more accommodating,and generally on artificially good behavior when around a woman that the want to get physical with( a form of manipulation and scarcity of a mind),BUT even most"players for life" would actually prefer a wonderful woman. I don't agree on lying to women but you and most of the women out there should strongly reconsider the way they think and start taking responsibility for there actions and thought on dating.To many times,girls bring an expectation of relationship ,marriage,etc.to the table.This cause all kinds of problems-from idealizing positives and exaggerating or not noticing the negatives(same goes for men).I rather walk into any new situation open to any possibility,BUT with the mind set of I'm here to enjoy the moment,I don't have an agenda...If something physical happen happens,fine.I don't have any hangs-ups about sex-BUT,I'm not going to think about "relationship and marriage"until at least date 10 if it ever gets that far and no relationship talk or behavior for at least three month!Like a said...You must earn that....
 dolly419
Msg: 62
Posted: 11/25/2011 11:03:20 AM

Marriage or a relationship is something you must EARN with a man.

What is this a joke? So if you hold out on sex he wont want to marry you but if you have sex the first date he'll be all about it? How about this...
sex is something a man has to earn!
 mdgs
Msg: 63
Posted: 11/25/2011 11:14:42 AM

Sex is way too bonding and emotionally powerful for me to treat it lightly. Besides, in this day and age it seems about as dumb as a box of rocks to casually sleep around a lot.

This is true for me as well, but I only found out the hard way by having my heart crushed.

I don't know if it is necessarily the case with the "older" crowd of men here on this site that they are only looking for sex. I hope not. I kind of expect older folks to know better.

This Just In:
"The sexual revolution is over, and the microbes have won!"
by "Some Dude"

Too funny!
 rec_diver
Msg: 64
Posted: 11/25/2011 11:18:39 AM

xjonxatlivedotcom: People whos actions are more influenced by their hormones than their intellect are indeed very sad.

We're human beings. Our actions are ALWAYS affected by emotions/hormones/instinct/intelligence/experience/etc.

Not always to the same degree.

Especially when it comes to relationships and sex.

If we could act purely on intellect we wouldn't need therapists or relationship support forums.
 Dr.Z2008
Msg: 65
view profile
History
Posted: 11/25/2011 12:47:01 PM
Read well dolly what I meant was that just because you had sex on a first date the guy should introduce you to his mom,friends,pets and family members the same week.I believe she should be more selective on picking a first date. and take full responsibility for her acts.I had many night stands in my life,I don't have no sexual hang-ups about sex. But in order for me to be in a relationship she most be attractive,interesting,intelligent and emotionally stable to be girlfriend material...I believe we all humans deserve that wonderful one.IF SHE IS LOOKING FOR FRIENDSHIP FIRST...That's not me...Friends don't put friends in little boxes like that,the only thing I will agree with a woman that I really,really,really like on a first date is that I won't do anything unless we both agree to and that's the way I work(I don't let women sexual power to take advantage/no sexual privileges).Some guys can hide there desire...I can't...I don't have that talent...Dr.Z
 MandyLOVESCandy
Msg: 66
Posted: 11/25/2011 1:35:05 PM
yes, sadly even the rather older ones, 50+ or 60's, even, IME

~M~
 Moonlassie
Msg: 67
view profile
History
Posted: 11/25/2011 8:52:47 PM
For some reason I had it in my head that an older man would be past the tripe of searching for sex over and over again. And I felt an older man would be a wiser man. But have found that with my experience here, that the older guy has left a long term marriage and suddenly feels like a young billy goat and romps around from one hit to another. Or I should say he was put out of a long term marriage, most likely for the same reason he is on here. This astonished me at first when it happen to me with a rather kind appearing man. When I found that he was continuing to surf for women while we were dating it crushed me. But he is still on here, still doing the same thing although he claims on facebook that he is in a relationship. So I figured that he is just a user, combing the social dating scene for women to carve notches on his belt. The saddest thing of all is that he covers up a grave flaw with trinkets and flowers and dinners out. He was very dishonest and expects you to be totally honest with him. The flaw did not turn me away and I tried to be understanding, but his continual trolling was what ruined the situation for me. It made me sad to see his pitiful attempts to lie just so he could feel like he was still in the game. Kind of sad.
 Moonlassie
Msg: 68
view profile
History
Posted: 11/25/2011 8:55:46 PM
You need to earn a few things also laddie.
 kailania
Msg: 69
Posted: 11/25/2011 9:46:21 PM
all men want sex (well hopefully they do).
I think that neither men nor woman should use it as a game.
as a woman I am pretty upfront with men about what I want and what I expect and how long I need to wait. If he really is interested in a relationship with me i find that he usually will respect that. If not,..he usually walks away pretty quickly.
so no one is playing any games.
 hoyos
Msg: 70
Posted: 11/25/2011 10:29:38 PM

MandyCandy: yes, sadly even the rather older ones, 50+ or 60's, even, IME

Being a young chicky of 32 I'm sure we'd find your experience with a 50+ or 60 yr old very interesting. Care to share or are you just jumping in with the sterotype crowd?
 bimmerdude
Msg: 71
Posted: 11/26/2011 7:59:24 AM
I am not looking JUST for sex- there needs to be a connection first .
 dmzvisitor
Msg: 72
Posted: 11/26/2011 9:14:43 AM

Finally getting together to make love (NOT SEX) only to find the woman knows nothing about how to please a man.The wet fish cold and unemmotional.Just lays there .The poor guy has worked hard at making this night special only to find the woman he has came to love ,doesn't know how to"

And it is really too bad that you cannot help her learn. wow, that would be so awesome, taking a person to whom sex is special and helping them learn to enjoy it. Oh, but it can never be!!!

It just continues to amaze me that most men do not understand that sex with an unfamiliar partner is very often unsatisfying for women. Even if she climaxes, the experience can have been more unpleasant than positive. It is generally not worth the risk of STDs and a difficult-to-come-by orgasm (no pun intended) to have sex with a person who is still something of a stranger.
 ClaireMargaret
Msg: 73
Posted: 11/26/2011 11:20:36 PM
All men on dating sites want sex. Married or not..... Full of liars and players.
It is not sad, just life. Why bother with anyone here???? Most women dont.
 walkingtall38
Msg: 74
Posted: 11/26/2011 11:34:34 PM
^Lol, now there's a healthy and cheerful outlook on things >_>
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >