Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 taosoul
Msg: 27
Your getting older, what do you miss the most from your youth...Page 2 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
I don't know what kind of youth you all had but I certainly thought about my future much more at 16 than I do now! Worried about what I was going to do in life and how I was going to be able to pull it off. I was much more responsible at 16 than I am now. When I turned 40 it was like a weight lifted off of my shoulders. A lot of things that bothered me prior didn't matter anymore. I realized that in 100 years nobody was going to know the difference. The bed checkers are not coming!! It was a very freeing experience.
I had a very emotionally painful youth with too much responsibility so I don't miss any of it!!
I am exactly where I am supposed to be.
 astrosky
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Your getting older, what do you miss the most from your youth...
Posted: 8/6/2005 10:50:14 AM
I miss being able to buy things that last, products that were reasonably priced and meant to be a product you never had to replace, but could fix yourself if you had to. Appliances, furniture, cars, all kinds of things. Now you spend up to 10 times the price on stuff with a 1 year warranty, and you just toss it when it breaks down as it was designed to do and buy a new one.
 who_the_fox
Msg: 31
 swoopsdad
Msg: 36
Posted: 8/7/2005 9:34:11 AM
I used to have long swept back hair and a waistline. Wouldn't mind having either of those back!!!LOL
 Sparky4point0
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Posted: 8/10/2005 11:15:14 AM
i miss being able to be carefree, just playing with my friends, going to school, having everything provided for me.... u know, the glory days of being young.

ok, school, not so much. ;)
 Fry Lock
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Posted: 1/12/2006 8:38:56 AM
Chef Boyardee Roller Coasters; and pears right off the tree in the back yard after being in the pool all day; riding my bicycle to the store for an icee, and doing cartwheels for NO reason; haven't done a cartwheel in years; wonder if I still can?
 who_the_fox
Msg: 50
Posted: 1/12/2006 9:31:33 AM
young men lol

well, not really....they still chase me.....

so let me amend that

being able to accept that young men find me hot...and not just a potential "older woman" notch
 carribeanking7
Msg: 59
Posted: 1/12/2006 6:34:39 PM
Nothing...the wisdom I have gained overides them all.
 mr.classicchevy
Msg: 60
Posted: 1/13/2006 5:44:56 AM
I miss all the confidence and self-esteem i had in my youth..But thanks to screw up women that was taken away from me and flush down the toilet..Do they care?They care friggin less..It is all about their selfish self..
 mr.classicchevy
Msg: 62
Posted: 1/13/2006 8:26:42 AM
WHATEVER^^^^^^^^^^!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 designingwoman
Msg: 66
view profile
History
Posted: 1/16/2006 4:39:04 PM
Playing those classic video arcade games and pinball games in a dark arcade lined with row after row of great games and eating pizza afterwards that was out of this world! My Atari 2600 and playing games with cousins and friends. "Prepare to Qualify!"

Listening to my friends play in a local band. What fun!!

Being in school and not having to worry about bills, etc.

My Dad being alive. I miss him sooooooo much! Dad was my best friend and there was no generation gap whatsoever. Dad would borrow my rock albums, and I would borrow his Benny Goodman and Glenn Miller records! Going to Boston with my Dad to work. Going to Fenway Park (Pahk!) with Dad. Having lunch with my Dad.
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 74
Posted: 5/20/2006 9:27:08 PM
I definitely miss the naivete of being young. Before the "real world" seeped into my life and changed who I was. I miss the music. New school clothes. My first car. Too many dates and not enough weekend. Most of all I miss feeling excited about life.
 designingwoman
Msg: 80
view profile
History
Posted: 5/21/2006 8:45:53 PM
My DAD! I miss my father so much. He made my young years so much fun--took me to the ballgame (Go Red Sox!!), out to lunch or dinner or even to the mall to be with friends. Dad was so cool--zero generation gap. We borrowed each other's records (now I"m really dating myself!).

The video game arcades of those days. REAL video games that were fun to play.

"NOT FRAGILE". A high school rock band that made my teen years fun.

The Hamptons and Hampton Beach NH. A bit of the highbrow and the honkey tonk. I enjoyed both very much--hey it's fun to enjoy different places whether honkey tonk or upscale. Dad and I enjoying fried dough at Hampton Beach, and then seeing my aunt on Shelter Island
 kjamesb
Msg: 86
Posted: 5/20/2007 9:54:39 AM
Um...at 39 have I lost my youth? I don't think so. Even though I'm a dad and homeowner with responsibilities I still do everything that I loved about being young I just have more money and savy to do it with.

Sure, sometimes when I play TOO hard I don't recover as quickly but I like to believe that's because I don't play THAT hard all that often. ***I know, just let me have my delusions***
 mj824
Msg: 91
view profile
History
Posted: 5/21/2007 6:49:08 PM
Being able to literally dance till two in the morning, then go eat breakfast at my favorite coffee shop, then sleep all day, wake up around dinner time, then start all over again. Boy, that was exhausting just even thinking about it.
 secret.agent
Msg: 108
Posted: 5/25/2007 5:12:39 PM
As the saying goes innocence is bliss, so I would have to say innocence. As we grow older we all the things that are right and wrong in the world, when we were young they didn't seem to matter.
 Backincaliagain
Msg: 112
view profile
History
Posted: 6/8/2007 8:40:41 PM
Amen, waking up without pain is what I miss. Youth was fun and I was very active with the broken bones, stitches and concussions that came along with it. Now, I am feeling those old injuries. That is what I miss. But of course without the pain I would probably do most of it over again and still end up injured or possible dead the next time around. LOL
 1Fish2Fish RedFishNewFish
Msg: 118
Posted: 6/19/2007 4:25:21 PM
I agree with a lot that's already been said -

I miss...

- The illusion of invincibility. Once I was "broken" a few times (Motorcycles, American football, etc) that illusion departed.
- Not knowing what a broken heart was (from either perspective.)
- Knowing I had my whole life in front of me, and that I could do (and be) anything I wanted. Anything was possible...
- Endless summers on Cape Cod (Massachusetts)
- Inexpensive gasoline
- The opportunity to make mistakes without damaging my future.
- "Hope"
- Walking without pain
- Motocross
- Waterskiing
- Jumping out of trees, off roofs, down hills and other crazy stuff.
(~now you know why I don't walk pain free!~)
- being supported; not having a care in the world
- a number of friends and family who have since passed away
- Fizzies!

*sigh*

Can I have a do-over?!
 subhacker
Msg: 123
view profile
History
Posted: 6/20/2007 7:10:56 PM
I miss big dreams without a shred of doubt that I would live them. I do not miss the years of struggle to save a piece of those dreams.
 HikingFitGuy
Msg: 124
Posted: 6/21/2007 3:02:02 AM
I miss nothing, because physically I feel exactly the same now at 33 as I did at 20. I guess a fitness lifestyle has it's benefits.

Yeah, I guess I miss having mates to call and catch up anytime. Now it's all about if the wifey lets hubby visit, make sure baby is taken care of etc, my pool of mates to hang out with is greatly diminished.

Guess I better hurry up and find a wife and be part of the crowd at my age.
 jadegreen
Msg: 133
view profile
History
Posted: 6/24/2007 5:56:18 PM
I miss my friends of my youth...I am still in touch with them, but we all had more time to have fun together when we were younger...now everyone has seperate lives and families...for instance when we were younger i remember a certain friend that on xmas eve after we had all done the family thing... we would meet at her house for midnight toast in front of the fire place and wish each other a merry xmas...now we all have kids and families (and it is great too), but i miss those moments....
 jadegreen
Msg: 135
view profile
History
Posted: 6/24/2007 6:57:59 PM
Actually if I go back before my early twenty and even further back from my teenage years...i miss this canoe i used to play in on my grandpa's pond with my brothers and cousins and friends that visited...we all had a blast in that canoe
 clevemech
Msg: 142
Posted: 7/10/2007 12:25:11 AM
The athletic body I used to have!!!
 subhacker
Msg: 160
view profile
History
Posted: 8/21/2007 9:55:50 AM

I miss rollerskating, soccer baseball, trading stickers, riding my bike to my baba's house, skipping class and going to the coffee shop to play cards, being invincible,

You miss rollerskating? I think I skated two whole times before I was 20. I bought a pair of Rollerblades when I was 29 and now I skate almost every day. I guess my childhood wasn't enough fun so I had to have it extended.

I miss carefree college days (yes I know college is work but compared to the rat race of life it is cake)

Not a engineering major, I take it? [checks profile]. Nope. I miss the endless possibilities and the clear sense of purpose. But cake? No way. It was hard and it was stressful. I wish I had those opportunities now, when I am more able to take advantage of them.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  >