Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Over 50...Are We Now Invisible?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ladyc4
Msg: 251
Over 50...Are We Now Invisible?Page 11 of 14    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14)
l2d, I will agree with you that falsifying age is a dealbreaker.
Now for the gentlemen touating their "success" with dating women hsalf their age, I have a question and I admit that I'm going on common "social standards" rather than what some of us really think.

Given that, by and large, the "gold standard" of romance/pair bonding is STILL the monogamous long-term relationship,rather than a series of short-term relationships, dating associations or FwB involvements, you DO understand that not all that many people are going to be impressed by serial dating involvements? Why aren't these younger women sticking around and signing on for the long haul?
Now, if all you even want of the dating scene is short-term serial dating experiences, then I guess you are doing OK.If you have no wish to forge something more longterm, then you are iindeed doing just fine, I guess. But I did feel it important to mention that we have not yet reached the social standard where short-tem relationships, serial dating, FwBs are given the same level of respect as is given to a publicly acknowledged, committed longterm monogamous relationship.

Bottom line, gents...why aren't these lovely younger women sticking around for the long term? If it is you sending them packing, why is that? Or are you completely disinterested in a longterm romantic partnership?
Cindy O
 NoBuddies_Fool
Msg: 252
Over 50...Are We Now Invisible?
Posted: 8/11/2014 7:44:00 AM

I'm in athletic shape. I have six-pack abs, lean, and ripped. I have a sex drive that can not be quenched and I'm well-endowed. And I make great money as well. I like young girls because they're sexually liberated, their bodies are in peak condition, their vagina's are tight, they have time for me, and they don't have a bunch of kids. I've seen very few women here on POF who are in their 40's and 50's that can offer all of that

Oh Brother...another one with NO pictures !! When/If.. I was in my 20's and all that...why in the world would I seriously be interested in a guy old enough to be my father...ick?? Think about it.....just saying.

Online we get invisible, in real life, not so much

True dat!
 JimfromCDGA
Msg: 253
view profile
History
Posted: 8/12/2014 12:34:24 PM
Nancer13,

an old G/F taught me a trick to find out is some one is lying about their age.

During a conversation face to face, ask them where they went to high school.
When the tell you, you say that you know some one from that school and then ask what year they graduated????

If they give you the deer in the headlight's look/ um um um, they are lying about their age.
I have done it a few times and it's pretty funny to see their mind trying to calculate the answer LOL

Jim
 Strings6
Msg: 254
view profile
History
Posted: 8/18/2014 4:50:49 AM
Yes we will all become invisible,if you live long enough you will just be another old man or woman,it won't be 90 is the new 70 or dead is the new intensive care or some such other nonsense born out of the fact that people cannot accept reality.....we will be old period.
 alanj805
Msg: 255
view profile
History
Posted: 8/18/2014 7:52:35 AM
Perhaps it's good that time naturally weeds out those we aren't really interested in. Sexual predators are now targeting younger people or have lost their libidos, and those with losing attitudes have now given up or have found themselves in some kind of pathetic jam. Good riddance.

I'm not quite to my 50s yet, but dating my age I can say the quality of people I'm meeting is better than ever.
 ClooneysTutor
Msg: 256
Posted: 8/20/2014 10:41:48 AM
The balance in my bank account is inversely related to my visibility online. Not quite in the red yet but I imagine that will change once I qualify for AARP membership.
 Aura1shine
Msg: 257
Posted: 8/22/2014 1:05:17 AM
May be....! But not in my real life. I have been hit by most of the men in their 4os and 50s thinking that I am at their age.

Take time off and have another life other than online dating then come back do the fishing in this pond.
 CarefreeBeauty
Msg: 258
Posted: 9/2/2014 2:06:36 PM
Strings6 wrote:
Yes we will all become invisible,if you live long enough you will just be another old man or woman,it won't be 90 is the new 70 or dead is the new intensive care or some such other nonsense born out of the fact that people cannot accept reality.....we will be old period.

Cracked me up there---'dead' is the 'new intensive care'---

Unless we come back as ghosts or poltergeists or whatever, someday we will all 'be invisible'.

It does not mean that when we are still on this earth, that we are 'invisible' to our own selves, we know we are still alive. Friends and family may be dead or not present to validate our existence, so best to cultivate one's own sense of self for when the inevitable happens---no one there to care, but you.
 Maleman999
Msg: 259
Posted: 9/2/2014 4:40:12 PM
Anyone up for a game of shuffleboard or lawn bowling?
 arwen52
Msg: 260
view profile
History
Posted: 9/4/2014 12:50:25 AM
Nope. I've been hot property lately. Guys ranging from late 20s to early 50s. I am not complaining.
 ClooneysTutor
Msg: 261
Posted: 9/5/2014 9:55:39 AM
^^^^^
He's so hot he has no pic. Nuff said
 Like2dance
Msg: 262
view profile
History
Posted: 9/5/2014 11:37:02 AM
I encounter so many female profiles which proclaim they don't look their age. They are right. They do not look their age. They look older than their age because in most cases they are older and lying about their age.
 overunity
Msg: 263
view profile
History
Posted: 9/5/2014 1:58:52 PM
At 60 years old I find the matches my age here to look much older than me. Perhaps they have stated their ages incorrectly for whatever reason. No biggy, I just click next.
 Dragracer428
Msg: 264
Posted: 9/6/2014 4:49:35 AM

xxx.isaguy Said

I can't tell you the number of women, I have had lunch or dinner with, who then tell me the wonderful time they had. Then when I call again, they either don't answer, or give an excuse for not having another date, Frankly I don't mind that at all. I doubt we would be right together. Since on the basis of 2 hours or so, they judged me.

Its called manners and being polite, if you are not perceptive enough to realize they were not interested your disappointment is your fault not theirs.

In my opinion, women are in control of dating. Men always ask, men always pay. Only women can say yes, men have no control of that aspect of the situation. They are weighed, judged and either accepted or dismissed.

Disagree I am going to assume you are over 45 and are dating women over 45. I am and I do but the overwhelming majority of +45 women would never ever ask a man out on a first or second date. After that possibly but they are not as much in control as you seem to think.
The "pay" thing just wears me out the way so many men whine endlessly about it, my experience has been exactly opposite

Next time you want to say, "I am invisible". Admit to yourself how many men, you made invisible in your quest to find someone.

Agree with the message this sentence puts across unfortunately the wording reeks of bitterness and unless you lose the bitter attitude you will stay invisible.

But hey you do seem to be dating some and that puts you way above the truly bitter on here who swear up and down that it is impossible to get a date. LOL
 Strings6
Msg: 265
view profile
History
Posted: 9/6/2014 2:21:07 PM
These threads crack me up,you could come on here and say that there are no places to hear genuine Eastern Hungarian folk music in Montana and somebody else will always say wrong,there are hundreds if not thousands of places in Montana to hear genuine Eastern Hungarian folk music....personal anecdotes will always trump personal anecdotes in a never ending game of one upsmanship.

The trial any man or woman will face after 50 if they have invested time and energy in personal fitness and it is important to them is finding a man or woman over 50 who has done the same and is interested so that the thrill and excitment of physical attraction and passion can be enjoyed as long as possible.....if you have no sexual interest in each other you will/maybe be pals and buddies and thats about it.
 calguy14
Msg: 266
Posted: 9/6/2014 6:12:44 PM

These threads crack me up,you could come on here and say that there are no places to hear genuine Eastern Hungarian folk music in Montana and somebody else will always say wrong,there are hundreds if not thousands of places in Montana to hear genuine Eastern Hungarian folk music....personal anecdotes will always trump personal anecdotes in a never ending game of one upsmanship.

The trial any man or woman will face after 50 if they have invested time and energy in personal fitness and it is important to them is finding a man or woman over 50 who has done the same and is interested so that the thrill and excitment of physical attraction and passion can be enjoyed as long as possible.....if you have no sexual interest in each other you will/maybe be pals and buddies and thats about it. /

Certainly good for mild amusement at times.Well said.
 CynthiaSM
Msg: 267
Posted: 9/7/2014 5:21:31 AM

you could come on here and say that there are no places to hear genuine Eastern Hungarian folk music in Montana and somebody else will always say wrong,there are hundreds if not thousands of places in Montana to hear genuine Eastern Hungarian folk music...

kuss!
My favorite is the little dive on the south corner of that street 2 blocks north of the first exit off the west-bound highway east of Billings. They sound like they're straight from Budapest - just like I used to hear at grandma's house.
 cooldog65
Msg: 268
view profile
History
Posted: 9/7/2014 10:10:12 AM
yes total agree im 57 n don't look it, im young and modern n no what to wear. not mutten dressed az lamb

I could use an interpreter for this grammatical mumble jumble...

I'll find out next year if I start to become invisible.

Will age spots fade away and crow's feet disappear with the invisibility?
 cooldog65
Msg: 269
view profile
History
Posted: 9/18/2014 8:02:31 AM
My hair is invisible.
 dallasdoer
Msg: 270
view profile
History
Posted: 9/23/2014 3:09:43 PM
I read a number of posts and judging by the sheer number of them, I think anecdotally and empiracally, the OP hit it right on the head. It is not that all men want younger, but face it, men tend to hang on to the good ones, as do women. There is a new paradigm, that old gals can attract younger (usually fooling themselves) as older men have always attracted younger gals (by keeping them in cars, apts and shoes). As we age we are just not all that we used to be but better in different ways. What is sad is that life is full of irony and in the end, it is really better to have a good friend (which might just be a golden retriever)
 ohenryx
Msg: 271
view profile
History
Posted: 9/23/2014 3:20:53 PM

What is sad is that life is full of irony and in the end, it is really better to have a good friend (which might just be a golden retriever).

Well, I have a yellow lab myself, but golden retrievers are nice too. (smile)

My next door neighbor just got a new roommate, who came with a Great Dane. When that dog rears up on his hind legs, he is taller than the 6 foot wooden fence separating our back yards!
 HondoGal
Msg: 272
Posted: 9/27/2014 8:58:35 AM
I don’t agree that we become invisible; not as long as we have a loving family, friends and remain fairly active.

we already have figured out that the "well endowed" are selfish and lazy lovers.~bluemoon

We? You cannot speak for all of us; that has been your experience. It has not been mine.

..,if you live long enough you will just be another old man or woman,it won't be 90 is the new 70 or dead is the new intensive care or some such other nonsense born out of the fact that people cannot accept reality...

Lol, that is really funee! But what I find most intriguing is how differently some age. I had an uncle that at 94 joged two miles and swam daily. He remarried when he was 95 a woman in her 40s (yes, he had a lot of money). Yet, most persons that reach 90s are not in very good shape. I believe the answer to staying agile is exercise and diet…and good genes.

The epitome of a Player.

What really do you have to offer? Your well-endowment?

You've been failing on relationships. Young women haven't the knowledge and experience to avoid this pitfall, and they move on when they figure you out. Women beyond their 20's, see right through you.~Becky

That is not necessarily true. The young women may enjoy his company, experience and the lifestyle he shares with them. Also, these young woman and matt Foley may not be looking for anything permanent. I say more power to anyone who is getting what they desire; think we’d all be a lot happier if we could as well.
 cooler online
Msg: 273
view profile
History
Posted: 10/1/2014 3:51:17 PM
Don't confuse being invisible with simply being at the wrong end of the bell curve.
 Doremi_Fasolatido
Msg: 274
view profile
History
Posted: 10/1/2014 7:05:53 PM
Older guys over 50 may be invisible but you can still tell when we're around by our old man smell.
 2015LadyLove
Msg: 275
Posted: 10/5/2014 1:44:34 PM
I live in LA, where you become invisible if you're over a size 4 and 32 yrs.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Over 50...Are We Now Invisible?