Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Over 50...Are We Now Invisible?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Theme_Pack
Msg: 101
Over 50...Are We Now Invisible?Page 5 of 14    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14)
I find having an age limit in your mails settings is somewhat defeating....I prefer to date 5 years either way, but have dated as much as 10 yrs up or down. lets say someone has 50 for an age limit...one day the person is a match and the next day they are not because of a Bday. Why would someone exclude a person because of a few months or even few days.
 traveltrekker
Msg: 102
Over 50...Are We Now Invisible?
Posted: 11/11/2013 5:23:56 PM

I find having an age limit in your mails settings is somewhat defeating.

It IS self-defeating and counter-productive.

lets say someone has 50 for an age limit...one day the person is a match and the next day they are not because of a Bday

Such logical reasoning eludes many people.
 DragonBits
Msg: 103
Posted: 11/12/2013 7:02:05 AM
I would not go trying to rob a bank using the invisible theory.

But as far as the opposite sex goes, I would guess women feel this more than men. They get a lot of attention when they are younger, and not as much when they are older.

For me being short, I have often been invisible to the opposite sex. It's a shock to me when I attain average visibility. If a few women start to show interest, I don't know how to behave.
 Like2dance
Msg: 104
view profile
History
Posted: 11/16/2013 4:02:31 PM
I just signed up on another dating site, one where the member must pay. They gave me an el cheapo deal so I thought why not. Anyway, it is the same old, same old. I wish I was invisible to most of the women who view/contact me on that site, where I do have a photo on my profile. It would be a blessing. Sometimes it is hard to keep my meal down if I check to see who has viewed me too soon after I eat.
 slowitalldown
Msg: 105
Posted: 11/16/2013 4:12:31 PM
*** on my way to view like2dance's profile.......

My apologies if you were eating.

The guy with no pic is very picky about who views him.
 ladyc4
Msg: 106
Posted: 11/17/2013 4:48:19 PM

The guy with no pic is very picky about who views him.

What I find rather paradoxical is that here he has no picture yet demands that anyone who contact him must have a picture.
Over all, without intending him any undue disrespect, I ain't buyin' what he's trying to sell.
OT- I do not particularly feel invisible. Yeah, I don't get hit on all the time, just walking down the street anymore-and if that's "invisible", I'm all for it.
Cindy O
 Seki1949
Msg: 107
view profile
History
Posted: 11/17/2013 6:20:24 PM

It seems by their 60's that the men are ready to 'pair bond' again.

Our market value is rapidly dropping...daily.
 Like2dance
Msg: 108
view profile
History
Posted: 11/18/2013 8:31:07 AM
Well, over the weekend I met in person a couple of appealing women from that paid website. Had to go through a lot chaff before I got to the wheat, though! It seems that virtual life is much like real life. Thankfully I do run into an acceptable woman or two to date now and then.
 CynthiaSM
Msg: 109
Posted: 11/18/2013 8:32:32 AM
^^What happened to Ms. 30-something from Costco?
 completelyhappy
Msg: 110
view profile
History
Posted: 12/9/2013 4:17:27 PM
You are acceptable to yourself first, then the right one accepts you.

My best couple story is a couple I met during hurricane sandy while I volunteered. He was a dashing 90 year old man and she a pristine beautiful woman of 80 something. They had both been widowed for many years - and didn't they meet and fall in love? And passionately....

You've only just begun.
 LuvFishes
Msg: 111
Posted: 12/11/2013 1:37:12 PM
I don't feel invisible but it is a challenge to find genuine ppl my age. My girlfriends are all married here and the ones who aren't live 3000 miles away.

I do many activities alone or with extended family. I haven't been able to find Single activities here in Eastern NC. Someone said Jacksonville host single's dances but I haven't seen anything. Church activities are under 40 crowd or over 70 so I am without any group LOL. Work is all younger than me and going out with them beyond a drink is just so wrong. I will never be a cougar thank you. Hopefully he's my age or older nor more than 3 yrs younger. I just want to be active, laugh a lot and enjoy each day with each other.

Darn as I read this I should be depressed huh? But I'm not... the activities I attend, participate are fun and I enjoy but would love to have a girls night to socialize and have single female friends to compare and encourage our quest of finding the right man for each of us. And go back to some amazing dating experiences from past, I have had some great guys and a couple are dear friends. I took a year off for me to clear work, health an life so I guess this coming year is for me to get back into dating and seeking a mate seriously.
 JoeBnD
Msg: 112
Posted: 12/11/2013 3:00:55 PM
Not feeling invisible, but rather shunned or outcast. Fine - the hermit's life for me it is.
 LuvFishes
Msg: 113
Posted: 12/11/2013 4:23:08 PM
Wow forumreadisall why so harsh? Or were just kidding?

Don't we all get a little gun shy so to speak about online dating and the whole were not in our 30's anymore? While there are many players of both sexes, my experience has been some great ppl on here and another site. No not match, I don't know how anybody finds anyone on that site for NC?

I sure hope you were kidding and are not that sarcastic in life. Here's hoping Life turns around for you if that is your outlook. Just sayin... wow
 activemelaney
Msg: 114
view profile
History
Posted: 1/8/2014 9:31:00 AM
I'm certainly not invisible. I like to dress to the nines and strut my stuff. A bit of cleavage.
Great when half the competition are overweight or gotten those short hair dos.

What sets you apart from the next guy or gal. Why should you be visible? I don't stop and look at every tree but will notice the one with the bluebird in it. Write a unique profile or add a dash of flash to your wardrobe.
 or_current_resident
Msg: 115
Posted: 1/9/2014 3:42:02 PM

as he and I are roommates (only) and he adores my cats as they do him. :) It's nothing more than the age difference as he's the kindest most generous man I think I've ever had the pleasure to know and If he were my age I would have been the luckiest woman in the world to land this guy. :)

But the real question is……does your live in senior citizen roommate also clean out the kitty litter box every day too? ^^^^^

As you could be starting something new in living arrangements, as for us retired old folks…….
 ladyc4
Msg: 116
Posted: 1/10/2014 1:24:30 PM

but there will always be some that measure their worth by whether they are in a relationship or not. Thank God I'm not one of them and if I feel "invisible" to others simply because I'm now a senior citizen it's my own fault for feeling that way and no one else's.

Absofreakin'lutely a-freakin'-men!
Cindy O
 4Forums
Msg: 117
Posted: 1/19/2014 7:36:46 PM
And I thought it was me impersonating the invisible man. I feel I have nothing in common with anyone anymore. I never see any women out close to my age range. I have lived all over the country and use to think oh it is here or there but, I find it is everywhere I live. I wonder where did all the cool trendy that I use to see in my 20's dancing to club alternative music.
 OutMind
Msg: 118
Posted: 1/20/2014 8:45:05 AM
With age comes patience and the realization that you just have to work harder. Recovery does not happen as quickly. Also, while in the past more women responded, now less women do so. But with patience, with doing things in a more calculated way things happen as well.
 Molly Maude
Msg: 119
view profile
History
Posted: 1/20/2014 9:29:34 AM
... you're wondering if you're invisible at 50?! wow ... at 50, I was having
a blast romantically, going to clubs with friends every weekend, a new
passionate infatuation daily! wearing my teen-aged daughters clothing!
experimenting with make-up ... I'd missed all that, having been married at
an early age ...

now that I'm over 60, heading toward that big "70" ... sometimes, it DOES
seem like I'm invisible ... or that even men my own age look at me and think,
"oh, what a sweet little old lady" ... fortunately, the ones I actually KNOW
see me, curse and wonder "what's she up to NOW?" (especially my children!!!)
I just wish I could meet a man as active as I am!!!
 moonbeamlover
Msg: 120
Posted: 1/30/2014 9:10:09 AM
^^ you have wind in your head? Most people don't want to admit that...
 traveltrekker
Msg: 121
Posted: 1/30/2014 12:20:01 PM

So, if you're over 50 do you feel like you've become invisible?

Yes. I have joined my friend Harvey.
 or_current_resident
Msg: 122
Posted: 1/30/2014 2:33:22 PM

LOL! I'm the one that's the 'senior citizen' roommate, not him and he would gladly clean out their litter box if I asked him but that's my responsibility and not his. We aren't starting something new in our living arrangements as we've living together for awhile now. And as 'for us retired old folks' I'm not that far behind you..

Hey now….^^^^^ Well if we were both diving for shells,etc there in the gulf... u would be the winner….Coast Guard skipper…..and Glad your doing ok in the sunshine state ….cats & all……carry on….
 VolcanoKing
Msg: 123
Posted: 1/30/2014 3:04:55 PM
There is also the sort of invisibility when you are told you look good (even "hot") ..yet men never ask you out, ever.

It's like a half way thing. You look good, I guess, for your age, or whatever, but no one wants to touch you-only the marrieds and those bored with their GF's.

I feel like a middle age potential fling to some men. Never a gf to an available man.

I dont think I have enough estrogen to attract men. Hahah! Guys are just not interested.
 Princess12524
Msg: 124
Posted: 1/30/2014 3:14:19 PM
There is also the sort of invisibility when you are told you look good (even "hot") ..yet men never ask you out, ever.

It's like a half way thing. You look good, I guess, for your age, or whatever, but no one wants to touch you-only the marrieds and those bored with their GF's.

I feel like a middle age potential fling to some men. Never a gf to an available man.

I dont think I have enough estrogen to attract men. Hahah! Guys are just not interested
awww...sweetie see ur ob/gyn & get an RX for some cream, then go to a nice drugstore, buy $20 of inexpensive new makeup, make an appt at a hairdresser ( can be a discount one or even a hair school) get a new do, then buy some clearance heels, stockings & a black skirt- go out in ur new persona feeling sexy & u will get asked out. Sometimes we just get in a slump!
 moonbeamlover
Msg: 125
Posted: 1/30/2014 4:00:55 PM
volcano,

it sounds like you dont have a case of too little est ogen, it sounds like you have a case of too much of it. Some people put out "pheromes" somehow, I don't know... a lot of people WANT to do that, it sounds like you are doing it naturally... emitting pretty strong sexual vibes, but your compassion, empathy and mental strength are somehow getting lost in the translation somehow by people who only see that.

Rather than believing you are lacking anything (which you aren't), and rather than believing you won't find someone who appreciates ALL of you, not just the physical part that some people are focused on, believe you are exactly what someone good will want, think it, change up your wardrobe just to mix things up, read a fun book, get a massage, and love yourself. You are an awesome human being from the thoughts you have shared in here as well as extremely pretty.

Believe that the right guy WILL see all of you at some point, and he will appreciate AL of you. And until then, know it's not because you are lacking as a woman; it is because there are some blind ignorant people in your area who don't get what an amazing persno is in their midst.

believe it
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Over 50...Are We Now Invisible?